User Tag List

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. its friday . or as my hubby said to me this am .. 10 hours to track pant time...lol.
    it looks like i will be kids free all weekend.

i want to work on the basement for 2- 3 hours. then honestly, it should be done.
    next house project is .. family room.. i will prob putter on that .. it really should not take long. however oldest has her stuff in piles everywhere..

i have a 4th shop at foodland.. then teh 300 extra airmiles should credit. i have a serious amount of airmiles saved. plan is using them for freeer stocking, however.. freezer is full.. a few weeks of lower groceries will be nice!!

i am hoping for a very mellow weekend.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coming back to add....

for those in ontario.. there will be another Education annoucement from Doug ford and crew.
    from what i am gathering, this one has to do with class size , all day kinder. it should prove to be interesting......
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Back from a long hiatus! And popping in to say hello!

What's Mr. Ford stirring up now?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning everyone.I got thru babysitting Sebastian yesterday on 3and a half hours sleep -uggg dealing with a personal problem that wakes me up at night(health wise)

He loved seeing nana and papa I took him nice rain boots 12.97 from Walmart the shorter ones as the tall ones don't work as he is a bit solid and shorter,my daughter wanted to pay me nope I said as I buy items for the granddaughters and take Ashlyn out now and then . We took him to a playground 15 minutes form the condo for an hour ,then played ,painted and watched a bit of t.v show in the afternoon pretty sure he is giving up napping as he is 2 and a half now

My daughter had a lovely herbed roast chicken in the crock pot with carrots and she made roasted fingerling potatoes with corn ,she is such a great cook it tasted like restaurant quality food ,we thanked them for supper and was on our way home at 8.00,when I got in the door I noticed my son had called .He asked us if we wanted to go to Niagara falls today some butterfly conservatory then out to lunch at the rainforest café I said we will see in the morning

Well hubby and I slept til 7.50 a.m-10 hours sleep I didn't feel like rushing and going for 9.30 or 10 when they were leaving plus when you get up in your later 50's you need rest ,it take awhile to bounce back

Tons of laundry to do but I am waiting til 11.00 when its a tiny bit cheaper ,so nice I thought to only babysit once this week -well twice as my daughter needed us

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning, all. It is heavy work day for me. Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got my bay order ,I got lovely muted silver polyester/elastane asymmetrical dressy tank top for $11.10 and I love it
    Then I ordered 2 slub tanks(bogo deal)and a winter top from marksworkwarehouse just now as they have 30% and free shipping lets hope these fit nice I am slowely replenishing my wardrobe with sales and thrift store clothing ,and that my friends puts me in a happy mood

Supper tonight breakfast for supper nice and light

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Gray Friday (meant oatmeal was for breakfast) and well, it kind of puts some flatness in my steps! So far no rain today--taking that as a win! Found a dime too. Returned a found bus card (Presto) to the GO terminal. I seem to have a knack for finding ID and Bank and bus cards...

Ah, @Sweets parrow !
    Premier Ford is keeping class sizes the same for kindergarten but for high schoolers, the class size is increasing (should make textbook disparity even more pronounced as I understand most classes don't have enough textbooks for all enrolled students).
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Gray Friday (meant oatmeal was for breakfast) and well, it kind of puts some flatness in my steps! So far no rain today--taking that as a win! Found a dime too. Returned a found bus card (Presto) to the GO terminal. I seem to have a knack for finding ID and Bank and bus cards...

Ah, @Sweetsparrow !
    Premier Ford is keeping class sizes the same for kindergarten but for high schoolers, the class size is increasing (should make textbook disparity even more pronounced as I understand most classes don't have enough textbooks for all enrolled students).

well.. as a parent of a child in High school, and while i cannot speak for all high schools... text books... what are those... half the classes dont even have them. and no cell phones in classes will be interesting at a high school level...
    the kids use them . alot. at just about every class. for classroom stuff
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, Mar 15th, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well Thursday did not go as planned. I was at work in a meeting learning about different product lines and all of a sudden I heard my cell phone going off which was weird as I had it on Do Not Disturb. I forgot I had put an exception on my phone that if the same number calls twice within 15 minutes my phone is to ring but with that being said it was a good things. It was my Mom, her assistant manager had called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.

Luckily bro and his fiancee were in the office so they took me to Mom's work to get her car so I could meet her at the hospital. I have to say this was a frustrating experience, I did not like Mom's doctor, he was weird to be honest. First off he told me I didn't need to be there and could come back when she was discharged, um no. Then after Mom told him what happened he did not give any suggestions of what could be the issue but instead asked her what she thought was wrong and what did she want to be tested for and after she told him her concern was her heart he then tried to talk her out of doing the tests. He was telling us how long the tests would take which would mean we would spend hours in the ER and kept trying to talk her out of the tests. We did stay and did all the tests, we were there over 6 hours.

Well we were waiting for her tests my co worker who is on leave texted and called me because he husband is in the hospital recovering from heart surgery so after I told her about the doctor she gave me a list of questions to ask. When we saw the doctor again he was not happy that I questioned him and got really annoyed with me but I did not care my biggest concern was knowing she was okay and it was safe to take her home.

The goods is, it is not her heart, the bad news is we are not quite sure what happened. She will go back to our family doctor on Thursday and I think I might crash the appointment just so I can see what he has to say as Mom never wants to worry anyone so she does not always share all information. Like she did not want to tell bro she went to the ER but was forced into it because Dad heard and asked me what happened so she had to tell bro in case he heard from someone else. I was just like seriously this is the joy of a family business, everyone knows and talks so he is going to hear that I left and they knew it was because you were taken from work in an ambulance.

Then yesterday I ended up rushing home from work as Mom went down the basement without her phone for like an hour and was not answer my text or calls. At first she was annoyed with me until I said seriously if it was the opposite and I was in the hospital the night before and was not answering my phone what would she do.

She was much better yesterday but I am still worried, I would like some answers but we will see what the doc has to say this week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Well Thursday did not go as planned. I was at work in a meeting learning about different product lines and all of a sudden I heard my cell phone going off which was weird as I had it on Do Not Disturb. I forgot I had put an exception on my phone that if the same number calls twice within 15 minutes my phone is to ring but with that being said it was a good things. It was my Mom, her assistant manager had called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.

Luckily bro and his fiancee were in the office so they took me to Mom's work to get her car so I could meet her at the hospital. I have to say this was a frustrating experience, I did not like Mom's doctor, he was weird to be honest. First off he told me I didn't need to be there and could come back when she was discharged, um no. Then after Mom told him what happened he did not give any suggestions of what could be the issue but instead asked her what she thought was wrong and what did she want to be tested for and after she told him her concern was her heart he then tried to talk her out of doing the tests. He was telling us how long the tests would take which would mean we would spend hours in the ER and kept trying to talk her out of the tests. We did stay and did all the tests, we were there over 6 hours.

Well we were waiting for her tests my co worker who is on leave texted and called me because he husband is in the hospital recovering from heart surgery so after I told her about the doctor she gave me a list of questions to ask. When we saw the doctor again he was not happy that I questioned him and got really annoyed with me but I did not care my biggest concern was knowing she was okay and it was safe to take her home.

The goods is, it is not her heart, the bad news is we are not quite sure what happened. She will go back to our family doctor on Thursday and I think I might crash the appointment just so I can see what he has to say as Mom never wants to worry anyone so she does not always share all information. Like she did not want to tell bro she went to the ER but was forced into it because Dad heard and asked me what happened so she had to tell bro in case he heard from someone else. I was just like seriously this is the joy of a family business, everyone knows and talks so he is going to hear that I left and they knew it was because you were taken from work in an ambulance.

Then yesterday I ended up rushing home from work as Mom went down the basement without her phone for like an hour and was not answer my text or calls. At first she was annoyed with me until I said seriously if it was the opposite and I was in the hospital the night before and was not answering my phone what would she do.

She was much better yesterday but I am still worried, I would like some answers but we will see what the doc has to say this week.
    Sounds like my ER experiences.

So if it’s not her heart did they do a head CT to see if it was a mini stroke?

I don’t want to worry you but cover all bases here of course. I some times feel these doctors have no right treating us like garbage. I would of asked is this the way you treat your mother If she was having issues like these, dismissive and not ruling everything out? Putting the ball back in there court. I mean you wouldn’t want to leave the hospital if something serious was going to happen, would you?

I have had countless times left the hospital with my dad who had heart disease to 3 days later having a major stroke. They told me that he was fine and that the little heart attack was nothing to worry about. But he didn’t have a heart attack it was stroke a mini one. His mother used to have them all the time so I knew what to watch for. I still blame that hospital for not seeing the signs of things that make people keep coming back.

I watched someone in the hospital the last time have a heart attack in the waiting room. I alerted to a nurse who came over and saw the person on the floor changing colors rapidly. She tried to tell the person to stop faking it.i said “there having heart attack look their arm, their changing colors, and riving on the floor in pain. They were sitting normally talking to me when all of the sudden they grabbed their chest went to get up and smacked their head on the floor. I cannot obviously get up to help them because i have an injury to my left side of my body that’s why I sitting in this wheel chair.” So i alerted to you the RN rushed over who heard me telling the nurse why the person was still on the floor. She called a code blue to the RAZ waiting room. The doctor thanked me after he saw me for going out of my way to help someone other than myself. I thought to myself why wouldn’t i help someone else like really?

I am sorry you going through this I am sorry that you have to live through this experience of seeing your mother in the hospital bed like this and having to advocate on her behalf. But I am glad u there to give her heck, I hope she sees that your just looking out for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    March Break went by fast.
    Well I am done with laundry for today
    The house is clean
    Will go out to groceries later but will only get a few things that we need . Vegetables, fruits milk, bread.
    Dont know what we will be dinner as yet.
    I am counting down the days for the a Airmiles Mega Miles.
    Enjoy your day all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @wendymac we saw Captain Marvel in 3D. There were some funny spots and it helps with other movies. Dh and I will see Avengers: Endgame when it comes out later this year.
    Did you see the two previews, one at the end of the movie, and than the very end with Goose?
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

I'm also thinking what greentiresforme posted - mini stroke. These strokes don't last long, and are only visible on a CT/MRI. Is she dehydrated - very common in elderly people, even a bladder infection can mess up an elderly person.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Watch your shoppers optimum points everyone.

Recently I was shorted 75 points on the basic optimum calculation of 15 points per dollar. I was given 12 points on the dollar. When I did an online missing points inquiry the points were quickly added with an apology email. I've checked older receipts and again not full points rewarded....grrrr.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Barbis- - i think i got to many. not complaining.. but about 2000 more tehn i should have.

SassyAshly.... i am so sorry. stay on top of the drs. i hope you get some Awnsers. very frustrating.

ok. shopping all done.
    i even postedmy first instargram post. cool me. i bought a few items that are reusable at bulk barn. so cool. and some loose leaf tea save d 1.29
    did 2 shops one a t shoppers.. 20x points, one at foodland. that was my final 4 shops of 100.00 . used 6.oo
    sorted y pantry. it is sparkly and clean. and well stocked.
    supper is home .. and appitizer.s

goal today , is house work and relaxing.

i have a busy week ahead. and my birthday is next week. so that will be good.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information