User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -hope you ger answers about your mom

Hubby and I went on a date today ,first stop library to get him a library card .Then we took in dundurn museum for free -as in our city if you have a library card and show it free admission for one year I think -saved 24.00 in total ,it was fun then we saw the war museum on the same grounds then on to harveys for lunch -cost of the day 14 something with a coupon a harveys
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I am not sure this is frugal, but I promised to post my Irish Meatloaf recipe...so here goes. Oh, and it is posted a bit late since there are some ingredients that most people will have to buy in advance.

1/2 lb deli corned beef, minced
    1/2 lb lean ground beef
    1 tbsp ground dry mustand
    cayenne, salt, pepper to taste
    3 tbsp worchestire
    1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    2 large eggs
    4 stale pieces of bread
    1 can dark beer
    onion and garlic to taste
    1 lb bacon

Soak bread in beer. Drain. Mix with all other ingredients. Wrap everything in bacon. 1 hr at 350 or as long as you think it needs. The meatloaf never dries out because of the bacon wrap. It is truly delicious.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took the kids for a walk on Thursday and we collected 3 cans for our SARCAN recycling.

Yesterday our local Salvation Army has a $1 clothing sale. I took my kids with me after my last daycare child was picked up for the day. I bought 11 items of clothing for twin girl for $11. Including OshKosh splash pants, which she needed as she outgrew her splash pants from the fall. I bought her several pairs of pants, a t-shirt to grow into, and a couple fancy dresses. When we got out of the vehicle at home twin boy hurried to play in puddles at the end of our driveway. Good timing because I found the piece of a winning Tim’s cup, it was a free coffee.

Friday evening and Saturday I have been attending a wonen’s conference that I won free admission to. I just won a door prize at this event and another person gave me her door prize bag because she can’t use it. Unfortunately the gifts are not things I would typically use, so I might sell or regift the items.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 16th, 2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.

nice visit with my mom. she showed me all the renos. my brother told her he was working... if that is true it is good.

home now.. i took out steaks... i want to bbq.

so .. plan... pretty basic... laundry, dishes, spotless kitchen . make a few things for the week... pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs. do up a veggie tray for the fridge. should make the beginning of the week easier.

i will sit down, write out menu. and DC plan for the week. and goals. Donation peeps are due on Friday... i have lots to go ... lots lots.... so that will be very nice to have out of the house.

no real plans to spend any money today . i am leaning towards buying this https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Servi...gateway&sr=8-1 i want a rectangular one... and keep it filled with veggies in the fridge. but that price seems high. but honestly... all prices seem high to me lately... so i dont know
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all!
    I bought 3lbs of ground beef yesterday at $1.99lb and came right home and cooked it up for nachos for dinner. Today i made pasta sauce, pasta, rice, pork chops and onion rings. Put everything in containers and washed all the dishes. Dinner is ready! They can make a plate and heat it up!

I went to SDM today for 20x the points. Got lots of good deals, some stuff for me (night cream, fancy shampoo. Sales and coupons!) More toilet paper. Then went to Giant Tiger and bought 3 bags of onion rings (used 3 x $1 coupons) and bought another 12 pk of socks for boys for $5.
    I have done tons of laundry and have been putting away as i go. DS's bedding is my last 2 loads and on the go now.

I have 2 bags ready for Costco returns. Will be over $100 credit on my credit card which is great.
    Think i am done for the day once i make DSs bed.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Mar 17th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Busy weekend, now that DH is back to work every thing happens on the weekend. Did our big shop Friday at No Frills and none of his offers worked so I submitted a request and they corrected it, but I had wanted to use points. Oh well for another day. Fortinos has a free milk offer when u buy 2 cereals and DH had an offer for frosted flakes and they have the 5.00 gas card. So I used that not my shoppers offer because it was a better deal. Dinner is in the oven, used up all the veggies on their last legs with a prime rib. Monday is the older son day to cook and he has a plan, Thursday is the younger son and he has a plan. Tuesday is a frozen lasagna and they just pop it in the oven before we leave the office. I can’t wait for bbq season.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you everyone for the comments on Mom, she seems to be doing better but I am worried about her going back to work tomorrow. She lets every little thing set her off and stresses her out.

Not a lot going on here today, kind of feel like we needed this weekend to unwind from the week's events. My stomach has been a complete mess since Thursday, I have not been sick but have not been feeling well at all. As well it has totally messed my back up, but I think this was more to do with a number of factors like sleeping in a single bed all weekend well away with Dad, then going to an out of town branch and sitting in a broken chair for 2 days then sitting/standing in the hospital for over 6 hours mixed in with all the driving and my back is not happy. I took an Epson Salt Bath today it helped a bit but there is still pain so I am trying to take it easy.

Today's tasks were laundry and cleaning out the fridge. We did not have much to throw out but mostly items to use up so tonight's dinner is a nice Sunday dinner of Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy but the sides are veggies we had in the fridge we needed to us up so we will be having Spinach and Brussel Sprouts. As well I will roast up some cherry tomatoes to be used later in the week, will roast them now since we have the oven on anyways.

We also cut up a pineapple and put it in grab and go containers for lunches. I still have some strawberries to cut up as well.

We are really working on eating better, I know I need to for my stomach but now Mom is on board as well. Friday after I came home and found out Mom was okay I went to No Frills and grabbed the following:
    Milk
    2 x Mango $1/each
    1 x Oranges 3 lbs $2
    1 x Pineapple $2
    4 x Lemons $0.50/each
    1 x Avocado 2 lbs $2
    3 x Limes $0.40/each

I still need to go grab a few more things, I did not look through the flyer before I went and now found a few more things on sale I want to pick up. As well we will need to go to Costco in the near future as we are getting quite a list of things we need to get.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sorted more stuff that my neighbour dropped off again. Stuff is out to the shed. I posted a few kids items for sale. I also sorted and posted pull-ups and diapers since we haven’t needed them in quite a while. I made $35 in sales today. Another pick-up is scheduled for tomorrow. Money in my pocket.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got $15 off my shaw bill and cut a movie package off because i noticed they were jacking up my prices. So I first used the app and chatted then nicely phoned them waited on hold for 20mins to speak to someone. Told them “I had a conversation with one of them on chat on their app and that I was going to go on a new contract but it was going to be over $300+ because I would have to pay 2 months up front. I said how was I suppose to eat for next month if I had to reduced my bill by going on a contract because you guys were upping your prices to my cable and internet.” So they said because I been such a good customer about paying my bill well in advance that they would lower my monthly bill to 158$ with tax and give me a credit which i noticed when I got off the phone. But since I pay it early every time i needed to know how much it would cost so I had got back on chat and figured that out but the agent was dumb and couldn’t figure out the taxes. But roughly 149$ this upcoming month. With it going up it would’ve been 209-212$ includes tax basically money I dont have. if I didn’t check to see that on my emailed bill and the movies I don’t watch anyway. So savings of 42$ because I noticed something out of the ordinary today.

I did all my clothes laundry...3 loads and it didn’t fit folded into my basket in my red cart I have. I did that at 7:10am and I had awoken at 3:30am it’s now 6:20pm and it’s hot in my place its gorgeous outside I think we have summer instead spring outside... high says 19 but probably felt more like 25C...I’ll watch the news to find out more. Tomorrow it’s calling for 22C...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got ballsy and installed my air conditioning into my window. Because I was sweating in my own home. Probably from someone who has their heat on downstairs. And I haven’t been sleeping too well because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ds attended a girl’s birthday party this afternoon. She invited their entire class, but he was the only boy who actually attended the party, but he doesn’t mind. He picked out 2 items from my SCOPed kids Crayola products. Dh picked him up at the end of the party and the mom told him how very well behaved he was. He is welcome back any time. It’s always nice to hear. We get similar stories each time that he attends a birthday party.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.. youngest is vomiting, she thinks it was something she ate yesterday

oldest is at her non boyfriends. lol she will be back later today.

supper is fairly easy, so that will be nice. it is a monday.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@Giseledta I hesitated to "like" your post because it could seem as though I was "liking" your little girl throwing up. And the opposite is true. Hope your household is well soon. I'm serving leftovers for dinner (the Irish Meatloaf...recipe above) with carrots and roasted potatoes, a hamburger with a salad for lunch. Nothing demanding. As you so eloquently said, it is Monday.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Giseledta : That plastic box for veggies seems expensive to me too! I think I recycled one! Our friends bought us one from Fortinos, one of those prepackaged vegetable platters. You could reuse the container and it already comes with veggies the first time round. Maybe there are cheaper options, I'm not sure. Like maybe you could ask at the counter if you can just buy the empty container?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday morning!

I had pasta ready for my lunch today to grab this morning. Nope. Those boys ate every bit of food I made yesterday! OMG!!! Well I salvaged a bit of rice and a small pork chop (not my fav but I needed a lunch to bring today)

I bought the clemetines from Foodland and they are really good. I passed on the 2 bananas we had left.. too soft for me! Guess I should have bought more on the weekend.

Off to clean up the budget
    Giseledta, wendymac and Ciel like this.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information