User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I went to the doctors yesterday he thinks I pulled the tendons in my foot. He told me to use my crutches more before I really hurt myself.

I am butt end of everyone’s jokes.

My mom wants me to hold a clutz party. She said it would be fun. Or more like funny like a pun.

I tried to get this water bottle Bluetooth speaker off someone downstairs by trading two packs of cigarettes, sugar, instant coffee and $10. And they said no. I know they paid $25 for it so what they think I was low balling them? Because a trade is a trade.

Anyways I crutched to the corner store and almost died it hurt so much. I bought two cans of pop and marshmallow bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! I left the house with a spotless kitchen! Load in dryer to put away and towels to put in dryer. Will do that quick tonight when I pop home to change before heading out.
    Not too much housework will get done this weekend. Fun and hockey on the agenda! I'm of with that

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TGIF.
    Sadly I have no time off this March break. I think its the 1st time since I had kids in school, but I am so busy I can't afford the time off and DH starts the new job Monday.
    This weekend will be busy just preparing for both of us to be gone everyday. The older son drives so we will leave one car at home for him to get the himself and his brother back and forth to school. DH & I will take the GO train so that's easy.
    The younger son is spending a few days with my mom so I am driving him down Sunday. I can't wait for this day to end.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    TGIF.
    Sadly I have no time off this March break. I think its the 1st time since I had kids in school, but I am so busy I can't afford the time off and DH starts the new job Monday.
    This weekend will be busy just preparing for both of us to be gone everyday. The older son drives so we will leave one car at home for him to get the himself and his brother back and forth to school. DH & I will take the GO train so that's easy.
    The younger son is spending a few days with my mom so I am driving him down Sunday. I can't wait for this day to end.
    Years ago I had March Break booked off and tons of plans. Guess who received a letter the day I left for Mexico and no time to deal with it for Jury duty? I went thinking I wouldn't get picked. I was wrong. Oh well life. I have jury duty at the end of March this year.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Speaking of jury duty I did it twice, and then they called me the 3rd time and I was in the hospital in a coma. They sent someone to summon me and when they found me in the hospital the nurse who was my primary stopped them from shutting off the machines, keeping me regulated. 6 doctors and head of the hospital signed the documents needed to get me out of the jury duty for that procession I haven’t had one since.

Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Ciel I feel your pain with doctors making patients wait long past their appointment times, any chance you can reschedule for the 1st appointment of the day?

Afternoon all,

DS2 and dh are on March break as well starting tonight.

Went out for groceries with FIL this am which was nice, I hadn't been out of the house for 5 weeks which I don't truly don't mind. Poor dh has been doing his best at the grocery shopping but his back is done at the end of the day and the extra errands don't help. I scored on reductions on pork shoulders and chicken breasts as FreshCo. I need to add to the freezer so this was a win win for me.

Supper tonight is cheese pizza with fries as it's a mandatory non-meat day for lent, dh & I will have eggs with toast, I just love the fresh eggs that the hens are gracing us with now that the days are longer.

Question for those that have kids in University / College do you do your own taxes? We normally use an accountant but ds1 needs to get his taxes done so he can transfer his tuition costs to us since we're paying for it anyways. Our accountant is not cheap. Thinking maybe using H&R Block anyone use then recently (thoughts)?

No plans for the weekend but to relax, I have 2 appointments next week, 1 of which i have been waiting over a hear to be on the waitlist

Wishing everyone a great day & Weekend!
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -I was not offered an option as far as I know about booking an appointment for first spot of day. The person who called me had received the requisition about 5 minutes before calling me. Good to know when I'm ready to try this again (and it's not this month). Someone very close to me told me it can be 5 minutes' wait to a few hours after one's appointment time to see the oncologist, depending who's being seen and how long. What exasperates me is that it's assumed I even want surgery? Why not an office consult to discuss all the options available under OHIP and any pay for treatment options? Want to wait for April 1 to see what happens with OHIP and a new fiscal year.
    @Giseledta -this week certainly has impressed upon me that some things only Mom knows the timelines for (paperwork, moving things in cupboards and the rest). A couple of things have me feeling like I'm arguing with my late father over again and I stopped after two days. Have to apply myself to get acquainted with some financial things otherwise related paperwork will end up in a procrastination spiral and I don't need that for April. I side with you about the upcoming clocks forward-wait for another month, not ready for it...

Yesterday, I did my Sobeys shopping and forgot the $4 off EmergenC coupon but the 10 bonus Air Miles were worthwhile nonetheless. My trip netted 44 AM (3 regular pts via 1 AM per $20 spent and rest were in-store or personal bonus AMoffers).
    In the evening, I went to Cdn Tire to get the $5 flashlight (yes, now I have more visibility), a $1.99 RFID case (I paid over $5 two years ago) as in-store deal, and the liquid soap refill. Longos had two sizes of frozen spinach so I bought the smaller one for the nacho casserole I had planned plus a small pot of flowers (they drooped within a short time due to the cold exposure) and two tote bags (buy 1 get 1 free Longos 99 cent totes).

Happy International Women's Day! There are so many articles and stories online. I've printed one off regarding women and trades.

Ms. Sunshine is beaming as well today. Wondering when the melt will occur, given a -1C high for the Hamilton-area afternoon...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Suppers this week
    Monday: tacos
    Tuesday: Pasta, ground beef cooked with some bbq sauce, and boiled mixed veggies (Gymnastics night is always an early supper)
    Wednesday: hash brown casserole, baked chicken thighs, steamed cauliflower
    Thursday: leftover taco meat, fried perogies, onion fried in real butter, boiled mixed veggies.
    Friday: mashed potatoes, pork steaks, mushroom sauce, unsweetened apple sauce, raw cauliflower and baby cut carrots
    Saturday: shepherd’s pie

Next week Tuesday we are going to try Bertoli pasta sauce. Spaghetti and meatballs (pre-cooked and in the freezer).
    Bertoli sauce $2.50 (at CO-OP) - 75c coup this week
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Mar 8th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. shopping done.
    i went to scholars choice .. picked up a gift for a dc child. a few things for me. and ordered Butterfly Larve for the dc. they will come in a bout 4-6 weeks. and they we will follow that journey with them so much fun

dollerama done, deposited a cheque, and hit foodland.
    i just sent a email to airmiles.. i am mising 60 .. grr.

goal for today.. is kitchen , upstairs bathroom. and rest. i may do a load of laundry.
    Kids are all out of the house tonigth, so its just me and hubby... natchos for supper. and a movie... anyone know of any goood movies... or a series to binge watch,,,,

my feel good... i think i have the groceries under control. budget is going well
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -if you have Netflix, try to endure Free Rein (teen equestrian series I call 90210 meets the UK horsey set); episodes run about 20min each). Mom found the scenery enjoyable to watch and also was interested in the actual storylines and characters. There are two specials, one for Christmas and one for Galentines-about an hour long each.
    Given that I've often wished to have visited Tokyo (due to anime series watching), if you can stand food and scenery plus a storyline that also involves samurai throwbacks (think of it as a modern vs. older Japanese culture/etiquette food exploration log), you'll enjoy seeing the different eateries that the main character visits in Samurai Gourmet when he wants a bite to eat. He was in the Japanese version of Shall We Dance and his face is just as expressive in the Gourmet series! Plus the samurai is not bad to look at, if he's a bit rough in eating mannerisms.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 9th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-we did DD's taxes ourselves using Turbo Tax( I think there are also free online tax programs suitable for students). Then we transferred her unused tuition credits to us. Her income was fairly straightforward- grants, summer earnings, RESP withdrawal, CPP pension( from deceased birth Dad) etc. Her deductions were personal amount, tuition, employment tax deduction, we paid for and deducted her medical expenses( wisdom teeth withdrawal etc) on our return as our dependent. It was pretty straightforward and she got her CPP and EI contributions and the little tax she pd back as she did not earn enough. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Speaking of jury duty I did it twice, and then they called me the 3rd time and I was in the hospital in a coma. They sent someone to summon me and when they found me in the hospital the nurse who was my primary stopped them from shutting off the machines, keeping me regulated. 6 doctors and head of the hospital signed the documents needed to get me out of the jury duty for that procession I haven’t had one since.

That is a scary story! At least that time, healthcare staff stepped up for you!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Freezer is ready for hungry teens and March break. I used 70.00 in PCO and 10.00 in coupons. I was happy to see the Cavendish fries on sale at Fortinos. I used the last of my coupons and they expire this month so it made me even happier. Currently curled up in front of the fire with a cup of tea. I am feeling so dragged down right now.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well ladies I have the stomach bug -honestly it started at noon ,so I called son I cant babysit ,they had already bought the tickets for this event so hubby said he would watch Ashlyn so son and his wife went a bit later after getting cara down to sleep at 7.00 p.m

one minute I am cold the next hot and sleeping on and off on the couch -now I am heading to bed to sleep this off I hope
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no!! @coupon girl , this is truly the worst luck. I am hoping it is a quick 24 hour stomach bug that you got . Rats and double rats! Feel better!!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information