User Tag List

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

over night went fabbo. easy peasy
    on track for today is playrom cleaning. we ahve toys missing.

tonight i am just resting. get some much needed time with hubby. and th e puppies.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Last night was a drive then pizza and the Leafs game. Hope the game is more exciting Wednesday night.

Tonight: Cooking and laundry. I didn't take anything out or use crockpot so the plan is eggs/toast/hashbrowns and sausage for the boys. I will take meat out tonight for tomorrow. Thursday we are gone away so won't make too much food. Hope RCSS has some roasts when I go today. I want a bunch for the freezer and 1 to cook on the weekend.

I really need to clean out my vehicle. Can't wait for the nice weather!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Caddle has started doing daily $0.05 surveys again.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    well the house looks clean.
    Dinner will be chicken and fries with a salad. tonight it will be a very Cheap dinner since I got the Chicken almost Free at RCSS a while back and Fries was $1.00 a bag after coupon.
    I am off in a little bit to see my Aunt which should be fun
    Have a great day all
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just bought 3 items from Walmart online (clearance) 1 is a birthday gift for my friends twins in June. 2 gifts for my niece. (1 birthday and 1 for Christmas)
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to GT on my lunch break to take a look around. They had a few bras I may be interested in on clearance. Will go back later this week to try on.
    I did buy a 12pk of fruit of the loom socks for $5. Will split the pack between my boys and ask if they like them and if so I will go buy a few more packs. Undies and socks are crazy prices now! Deals rock!
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the tip frugalbigmama -yes I need socks I may check out giant tiger haven't been there in ages

Just got in took Ashlyn to the library and she did a craft from 10.30 til 11.20 then she met a nice 4 year old boy ,and his nanny said they would meet us at mcdonalds for lunch as we mentioned we were going there ,so I had a lovely adult conversation at mcdonalds cost 8.90 for Ashlyn and I as I used 2 coupons ,so that killed 3 and a half hours .

Papa just took Ashlyn out riding on the plasma car (had it given to me from a niece ).

Just paid 2 bills and I called a few companies for cpns last week ,so my bolthouse ones just came in, nice.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went over to shoppers as I had a 20% off cpn given to me from my dear neighbour as he works there
    I spent 31.25 after 20% off and my 10.00 seniors promo from a few weeks back -I needed a few meds like witch hazel,glycerin ,anti-nausa pills,bread and milk
    I got a lady speed stick deodorant on the reduced rack for 1.97 the paurfum kind that was on checkout51 -so I saved a 1.00=.97 gee we don't see that price anymore -lucky plus the only item I got on sale was Maybelline mascara for 3.99 cant beat that price either

Then on to bulk barn (used the 4.00 cpn off when you spend 10.00 I saw on smart canucks ) I took a picture of it on my camera (don't own a cell phone)and she used it no problem got some OMG chocolate and love ,love love bridge mixture plus a few nuts

My son picked Ashlyn up at 3.30 and she didn't want to go "I love nana" mind you she started crying as she went to bed 9.30 -I started her off at 8.10 but it doesn't always work that way (the spare room was too dark she said)and she woke up at 6.30 a.m -love my little grandkids to pieces but I am going to enjoy the rest of the week off

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Youngest is at gramma’s for a few days and they are batch cooking lasagna which I love because he will bring back 5 trays of it. Older son made dinner tonight. I asked him to find a recipe to use up some vermicelli noodles and he found a recipe that was delish and since he needed Napa cabbage and we have leftovers he will make it again in next weeks menu.
    when can I come for the lasagna? 😹
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Medical expenses are killing me. And the temptation to get the Clinique bonus at the Bay tomorrow.

I am down to my last few few cans of food. Does anyone know how to prolong the shelf life of eggs? I keep buying a dozen but they seem to expire quickly, even if I get the best date available. I hate wasting food, I do compost (green bin) but would rather eat what I purchase.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 I have used eggs past the expiration date, so far no ill effects. You could also hard boil them as they are good for 5 days at least, then you can make egg salad. We go through a lot of eggs because it’s easy dinner when I get home late.
    Pretty sure you live close enough you could pop over for lasagna. They fed about 10 of the other seniors in my mom’s building. Used the community room and had a family dinner. I am just so proud that this is
    How he wanted to spend his break. He has a great time hanging with them. He walks to dollarama and Tim’s and they all have treats for when Logan arrives.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9-i find that my eyes go right to expiry sometimes ,if i am not baking we dont go thru them for just the 2 of us -i try to eggs once a week for supper thou

lilo-i think that is awesome your son wanting to visit his grandma on march break ,my dear kids had such a bond with my dear mom (miss her dearly she will be gone 6 years this month)my daughter would take her out for lunch when she was in university ,my son popped in to chat with her when he was married ect

Today I am off to talize -yeah thrift shopping as I have 2 bags to donate so get 30% off cpn ,gonna replenish my wardrobe bit by bit

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

park day today. the weather is nice. everyone has clothes... lol. we are going to the park. i have 1 that needs to do a craft. and i have st pattys day crafts planned as well.
    tomorrow is a rain day.. so prob do alot then as well.

oldest is not working today. she has been hired at no frills for a pt job. its something. but she is off today. so .. she gets to deep cleanthe family room. she is 26. she can do it.

recycles went out.

supper at home.
    i am hoping for a nice afteroon.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Happy hump day! I have been having an incredible week at work. Day is going by fast and getting my stuff done!

This morning while letting the dog outside I put away the clean dishes that were drying on the counter from last night. DS emptied the dishwasher last night after I went to bed.

Oldest gets free pizza from work so I asked him to bring some home last night for his brother today since he will be home and have friends over. He brought home an extra large so they will be happy about that!

When I got home last night I just didn't feel like eggs etc and decided to make a homemade mac and cheese since I had to clean the kitchen anyway. Happy to have that for my lunch today. Lots left in fridge.

Payday is Friday so I am off to set up all my transfers now Easy come easy go!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Barb We have 4 dozen eggs in the fridge right now. I boil a bunch too on a regular bases and also if close to expiry date. That is a fav lunch for me at work when I don't have anything else to bring: 2 boiled eggs, sliced cucumbers and a piece of toast. Yum!!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information