User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned out my coupon bag (I started using the smallest reuseable Metro bag I had kicking around and it has been working for me so far) I have a small coupon holder in it. I put my pc pts print outs and the flyers I want to price match (incase I cant get service in store to use ) I hadn't been using the coupon holder and just cleaned it out...tons of expired coupons and a $5 bill lol I save some of my Pc pt offers but the one for pork. I will go to RCSS on way home and see if any deals and if I don't use it I will save it.

Anyone need .75 Armstrong
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Milk- We don't use much but I was buying at SDM for 20x the points like others. Seems the offer has been MIA so not sure if we will get it again. Starting tomorrow RCSS has 4L bag of the Trutaste on for $4.28 and there is a $1 coupon for it.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Mar 13th, 2019 at 11:04 AM.
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

park was amazing. just simply amazing. so nice to get out.

i forgot , i want to go to sdm tonight. so i wll pop in after work tonight.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes come to think of it I didn't receive the 20 times the milk from shoppers for 2 weeks now

I went thrift shopping donated 2 bags to talize and got a 30% off coupon I got
    a lovely alia open blue sweater9.99-50%=4.99 as sweaters were 50% off today
    (2) juicy couture brand new metallic socks and they fit me also 2.99-30%=2.09 each
    new sunglasses black and white design with mirror lens 2.99-30%=2.09
    like new sleep pants 3.99-50%-1.99 as they were also 50% today
    a sleep top 3.99-50%=1.99 so I got a set for 3.98 wow bargain deal for me
    Columbia tank top 5.99-30%=4.19 so happy I found a tank

Then popped into dennigers got a 4 pack of flakey bars from England 3.99 so yummy
    plus a blueberry Danish for hubby and I 2.10 each a treat after all the time I spent shopping today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For some reason I have never gotten the 20x points for milk at Shoppers.

Thanks for the suggestions of boiling eggs and using them in salads and sandwiches - I will definitely try that. All my cats are napping and I'm going to join them 🐾
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I went on a movie date last Sunday. The movie was pretty good and the babysitter had all the kids asleep in bed when we returned home.

This weekend is a women’s conference in town. A friend paid for me to join her last year. At the end of the conference I was one of two women who won free admission for this year. Full price is about $80/person. It starts with a banquet supper on Friday evening. Then we return for a full day on Saturday with the choice of a couple different sessions. We get fed throughout the day. Dh will be home with the kids. I felt quite exhausted after attending last year. My friend will be attending Friday evening and Saturday morning.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 13th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @barbis9 I have used eggs past the expiration date, so far no ill effects. You could also hard boil them as they are good for 5 days at least, then you can make egg salad. We go through a lot of eggs because it’s easy dinner when I get home late.
    Pretty sure you live close enough you could pop over for lasagna. They fed about 10 of the other seniors in my mom’s building. Used the community room and had a family dinner. I am just so proud that this is
    How he wanted to spend his break. He has a great time hanging with them. He walks to dollarama and Tim’s and they all have treats for when Logan arrives.
    Actually, this is great for both generations to have the interactions! I am worried how my mother's social circle will be mostly senior women as there are very few senior males in the extended family network. I intend to try to get her to get the younger generation more interested in her doings but I may have more success trying to get her to talk to the young checkout staff in stores.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found a dime on walk home last night (thanks, snow melt in the bike lane!)
    Today at Fortinos, found a dropped penny to start a new penny roll. Collected $2 in containers whilst visiting Walmart (no flyers left and no sign of the Live Better issue that was supposed to come out this month) and MMFoods and LCBO (got the new Food & Drink issue).

Walmart Photo Centre has some photo deals that expire at month's end. I signed up and have to figure out how to get the free 5x7s (2) and plan to get a set of photos for each year of travel photos that we don't have a set of at home. Kind of want to have prints so we can leaf through them in a book or have them in the photo box, especially since a few old photos have me wondering if certain people are the same ones I saw in cousin's photos from same time in the 70s. Funny how puzzles crop up when the one person who could probably identify them is no longer living. I intend to share the photos with cousin and ask her to enlarge the images in a video so I can see if they are the same people (they were distantly photographed in her photos but Dad's photos have closeups and the background is another connecting factor too).

Food Basics-no Unico beans at 77cents so had to pick Selection brand at 89cents each to get two tins. Will attempt the carrot burger recipe (Tin Can Chef) this week. Had the Sol veggie burger (beet ones) yesterday for late lunch and had Mom eat the second one. The seeds in the veggie patty give some needed fibre and bulk to the item. Have been finding it hard to keep eating veggies when I don't feel like I have eaten anything protein-like so I've been finishing off the taco mix cheese and taco sauce on sliced bread to get some protein. Did find some reduced carrots and half bunch of celery at Food Basics last night so I have some veggie options in the crisper plus cleaned up the discounted Napa cabbage (three days left soaking on counter as I could not be bothered sooner) so it's ready for snacking at night.

Was to clean the top of the kitchen cupboards and wash kitchen ceiling but that's for later today or tomorrow. Swept and mopped the floor instead before lunch and a leisurely look through Food and drink issue (no recipe stood out for me but there are three meringue cookie recipes).

The sky looks like it could cry (rain) any time now. Not keen on the rain. Still waiting for ice in backyard to recede so I can open a stepladder and trim the offending branches over the clotheslines ASAP. Have seen Canada Geese in the area for the past week and encountered other birds near waterways/ditches on can walk. Going to be a touchy time to collect cans and bottles if nesting birds think I am coming for their eggs. Muddy terrain as well is having me gauge how much muck on my white shoes I want (if I decide to descend a ditch) as I washed my footwear on Saturday night and intend to keep them fairly clean for the week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Finally back home, I was away for the weekend with Dad, came home Sunday did laundry re packed and then I was off to a branch to train a new branch manager so I have been hotel living the last few nights.

I must admit it was nice to get away for a few days although I spent all my time in the hotel working. With people being away I have been trying to train the new Manager, be myself and cover the Order Desk Girl who is off so I have been quite busy. I already had a fair amount on my plate but so far I feel I have been handling it well, a little stressed but not freaking out stressed. I did enjoy just being able to pick up dinner, not have to worry about cleaning and just sit in my hotel and work. I did get a far amount done but still have quite a bit on my plate.

There is quite a bit to be done around the house but for tonight, I still have some work to do so I am going to focus on that. I am hoping if I keep focused on work during the week that come the weekend I can set work aside and then focus on the house. I am trying to keep my anxiety at bay and just do what I can do.

Also this weekend I am hoping to have a movie night Saturday night, there are a couple movies on Netflix I want to see so my goal is to do what I can but spend Saturday night relaxing. Mom wants to see Book Club and I want to see Christopher Robin so this my goal for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi all. @Angela273 what movie did you see? The offerings are so blah these days that I always value a recommendation. @SassyAshley If you promise not to get anxious by the how much you have to do around the house, then I promise not go into hysteria about mine.

Just working at my computer this evening. DH has a meeting of a club to which he belongs and is heading out in a few minutes. The dogs are sleeping now, but I will probably shake them awake and insist they go outside loose (separately) for at least a bit tonight. Otherwise, they'll want out at 3 in the morning.

I wish I had something exciting...or even interesting to say. But i'll be working until DH comes home and then going to bed. Tomorrow I intend to spice up my life by putting a scoop of regular in with the decaf. Yeah, I'm BAD!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am concerned that the 20x milk points might be gone. noone i know of has had them for 2 weeks... i like them.. alot.

shoppers. had a spend 40 get 10000 pts, and a buy 2 revlon get 6000 pts.
    went to my cupboard. went with needs... not particularly the cheapest way to get points. but stuff we actually needed.
    new tweezers, nail clippers, emery boards, foot scrubby thing for oldest. 2 nail polish for me and 2 eye liners.
    40 000 in bonus points.
    i feel good about it .

supper is salsbury stk , egg noodles steamed veggies
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just chatted with daughter this morning she had a lovely 3 days away with her hubby and Sebastian with hubby's family ,then she just called me now and asked a favour if we could watch Sebastian on Thursday ,she felt bad as I just told her I have a nice few days off to just me ,but her daycare is shutting down due to water problem or heat something to that fact .

Yes no problem I told her .We will leave at 6.00 a.m to try to beat the traffic getting to Toronto ,she will cook supper for us then we can come home at 7.00 or 7.30 ,we were going to go on Saturday anyway so now its a few days early -we don't mind ,she cant work from home as she just had 3 days off and she has meetings

I just ordered from the bay also spent 59.00 but I got 10 items as they sent me a code for 25% off reg ,or clearance or sale items I couldn't refuse ,dressy tank top for me ,pillow for the bed as I need to buy new ones ,then a few article of clothing for grandkids (birthdays etc and a pair of undies for hubby which came to 4.49-25%=3.36 cant beat that price plus 5% ebates
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 13th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@wendymac we saw Captain Marvel in 3D. There were some funny spots and it helps with other movies. Dh and I will see Avengers: Endgame when it comes out later this year.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@wendymac I feel you my big plans for tonight is to go over a 75 page website proposal and if I have time make some changes to our product codes.

Oh and I want to be in bed early as the last 2 nights I was on the phone with the girl from work who took a leave of absence, her husband had surgery today so I have been checking in with her. Another girl from work went down and spent the day at the hospital with her so she would not be sitting in the waiting room alone. I got a message from her that he is out of surgery and the surgery was 90% there was one part they could not do but feel it will not cause any issues. Now it is on to recovery, they are saying approximately 3 months.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@SassyAshley What good friends you both are to a co-worker! Get a good and early night's sleep.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information