• 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By Giseledta

Thread: pc financial master card....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. talk to me about it.. worth it..... not..
    pros cons...

it would be used for groceries only, and at shoppers only... paid off monthly...
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    barbis9 likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the only card I use - with the exception of RBC Visa lately (only for gas at Petro Can - where you get 3cents per litre off if you pay with RBC card).

Do you shop at No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS, Atlantic Superstore etc? When you are a member of PC optimum - you get points for a variety of things - changes each week. But you do have to load them to your account (offers) on Thursdays.

Lately they introduced a 3cent bonus per litre of gas when getting gas at Esso if you use their card. Also, they offer specials where it is 6 cents per litre - both of these are credited in points.

Easy to redeem - when you have $20 worth - just tell the cashier when you are paying - they apply the credit - you pay the difference.

Same as most credit cards (although some have eliminated this feature recently) - if you purchase something with the credit card - your warranty is extended by a year - really handy these days and something to think about when they are asking if you want to extend the warranty for $19+ at Best Buy etc.

Depending on the level of the card - increased points per dollar at their brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and walkonby like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I almost never use mine, as in 0 times most months. I find the website and the transaction records awkward. In particular, the records of how many points I got for each purchase aren't straightforward and can even be quite puzzling to reconcile. In addition, my wife got a card last fall for the signup bonus. It would not link to her PCO account until after four months and multiple communications with both PCO and PC MC to get the issue fixed.

Furthermore, by using a couple of other no-fee cards, a different MC and a Visa I got on a deal that's no longer available, I'm able to get as much and sometimes more cashback (in cash, not points) than I would with my PC MC. For instance, I get 4% at any major grocery chain (not Walmart since it's not classified as a grocer) and afaik at any gas station. I also get higher cashback on certain recurring bills I pay with my other MC. At those merchants where I'd get 1% with my PC MC (one being Walmart), I get the same 1% with my Visa, but in cash.

So basically, I only use my PC MC when there's some kind of special bonus for doing so.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I almost never use mine, as in 0 times most months. I find the website and the transaction records awkward. In particular, the records of how many points I got for each purchase aren't straightforward and can even be quite puzzling to reconcile. In addition, my wife got a card last fall for the signup bonus. It would not link to her PCO account until after four months and multiple communications with both PCO and PC MC to get the issue fixed.

Furthermore, by using a couple of other no-fee cards, a different MC and a Visa I got on a deal that's no longer available, I'm able to get as much and sometimes more cashback (in cash, not points) than I would with my PC MC. For instance, I get 4% at any major grocery chain (not Walmart since it's not classified as a grocer) and afaik at any gas station. I also get higher cashback on certain recurring bills I pay with my other MC. At those merchants where I'd get 1% with my PC MC (one being Walmart), I get the same 1% with my Visa, but in cash.

So basically, I only use my PC MC when there's some kind of special bonus for doing so.

see thats just it... i have a fab cashback card.. 4% on groceries.. ect ect.
    i use a RBC card forthe petro - rocks...
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by endi2000 View Post
    This is the only card I use - with the exception of RBC Visa lately (only for gas at Petro Can - where you get 3cents per litre off if you pay with RBC card).
    Do you shop at No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS, Atlantic Superstore etc? When you are a member of PC optimum - you get points for a variety of things - changes each week. But you do have to load them to your account (offers) on Thursdays.

Lately they introduced a 3cent bonus per litre of gas when getting gas at Esso if you use their card. Also, they offer specials where it is 6 cents per litre - both of these are credited in points.

Easy to redeem - when you have $20 worth - just tell the cashier when you are paying - they apply the credit - you pay the difference.

Same as most credit cards (although some have eliminated this feature recently) - if you purchase something with the credit card - your warranty is extended by a year - really handy these days and something to think about when they are asking if you want to extend the warranty for $19+ at Best Buy etc.

Depending on the level of the card - increased points per dollar at their brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    i use teh rbc visa....
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love my PC MC. Not only for the points I collect (3% at PC stores) but for the customer service. My card has been compromised (actual shopping spree) and they were on top of it and called me when the 2nd purchase was trying to be put thru. It's my main card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Giseledta what card gives you 4% cash back? Or other members?
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

PC MasterCard has three different cards depending on household income and how much you spend. I have the worldwide one, but prefer to use my tangerine MasterCard as I get 2% cash back on three categories. If I am making a huge purchase and it's not on a 2% category than I will use the PC MasterCard and redeem towards groceries.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @Giseledta what card gives you 4% cash back? Or other members?
    There are multiple cashback Visas that give 4% on gas and groceries. Afaik, all the currently available ones have an annual fee, but some waive or refund it for the first year. Most if not all also offer some kind of welcome bonus.

It's possible to avoid paying fees by canceling before the first year is up, and then getting another Visa from a different issuer. Be warned though... each card can have its own terms and conditions; e.g. some only pay out the cashback at a particular time each year, and it's not paid to accounts that have been canceled.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

barbis9 likes this.
    or Swagbucks

Thread Information