User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Regular routine here . Dinner will be something vegetarian but not sure what as yet.
    @coupongirl I am thinking about you and your Brother will be praying for a full recovery for your brother sending you (((HUGS)))
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@coupongirl Prayers to you and your brother.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

https://thecookinchicks.com/chicken-...h-casserole-2/

thinking this for supper..... hmmm
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all! Wet dark dreary day here today.

Spent $32.22 on groceries yesterday. I felt like cooking a nice dinner and wanted fresh meat since I didn't have anything thawed. Had reduced steak in my cart then decided the pork loin still on for $1.44 Lb was a better deal and would go farther. (I also had 200 pts per $1. I bought a $10.68 package and received 2200 pts)
    So many good veggies deals, peppers, zucchini etc. I bought a large veggie tray for $5 (reg price $10 and it came with a large ranch dip) I made up a baggie of veggies for my snack today with dip. Used up the broccoli, celery, carrots for dinner last night and have a baggie of grape tomatoes for a pasta dinner this week. What a deal that was. Will totally keep my eye on that in the future.
    So for dinner last night I made rice and potatoes (oldest DS doesn't like rice and I had a bag of potatoes kicking around that needed to be used up) Cubed up the pork and cooked it all and then simmered it in sweet and sour sauce. The veggies I sautéed in a pan with coconut oil- there was red and orange peppers, onion, celery, zucchini, carrots and broccoli. Lots for dinner last night. I have it for lunch today. And there is leftover pork and rice in the fridge for tomorrow nights dinner. But wow a dinner like that does take a lot of prep and time!
    I bought a 12pk of hamburger buns for 50% reduced (expire Friday April 12th) for $1.14! So will make burgers one night and maybe peameal on a bun another night for the boys. (so many peameal roasts to use up!)
    My PC Pts are climbing slowly. $496 on my main card and $18 on my 2nd card.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We did a BBQ on Saturday. the 1st burgers of the season are the best. The spending spree continues as our dog ate some hard plastic and proceeded to freak us out over how sick he was so a trip the ER vet was in order. So lucky we have one within 5Km of home because we headed there at 11:30 Saturday night. $1000.00 and an overnight hospital stay and he is on the road to recovery. Today is a work at home day to kep an eye on the dog.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Had to do a 300 km round trip drive today for work but I dogged the freezing rain and was able to my mom out to dinner and delay hitting the GTHA traffic. If I hit it at the top of Hamilton mountain it can add an hour to my drive. I also get paid mileage so not to bad.
    We have our furnace quote and picked an installer and we are doing AC and the hot water heater at the same timeso it’s goung to be expensive but we will watch our hydro bill drop and no longer pay the monthly service plan. It was long overdue and the money had been saved so all is good.
    who is installing your furnace? Avoid hamco. I was told to wait till my ac dies before replacing it.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    We did a BBQ on Saturday. the 1st burgers of the season are the best. The spending spree continues as our dog ate some hard plastic and proceeded to freak us out over how sick he was so a trip the ER vet was in order. So lucky we have one within 5Km of home because we headed there at 11:30 Saturday night. $1000.00 and an overnight hospital stay and he is on the road to recovery. Today is a work at home day to kep an eye on the dog.
    ouch on your bill, but glad your dog is on the mend.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a pet waterfall that just looked awful (water stains, rust), took it back to Costco and was credited back my money $90 🙂 than proceeded to spend $1.59 on bananas only as I left Costco. The lady at the door congratulated me on spending so little.....meanwhile the week before I spent $250.

Did nachos last night with a cooked chicken, still have leftovers so chicken tonight.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    who is installing your furnace? Avoid hamco. I was told to wait till my ac dies before replacing it.
    We went with Brooms in Burlington, we used them years ago for our gas fireplace install and have had no concerns and they are quick for service when needed. We did AC at the same time as bundling brings the cost down and the AC is over 20 yrs. old so it was going to go as soon as we have a new furnace.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@lilo0003 $1000? Ouch. But how can you replace or price love...which is what dogs give us. Unconditionally. Good on you for caring so much for a loved one. Good on you.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, @lilo0003 -poor puppy and poor you! Hoping s/he heals fast and comfortably.

I found 3 new bras on sale at Walmart. At this point, I would have paid 150% of full price-my old ones were squeezing the life out of me!

Picked up a plant pot that someone had tossed in our recycle area. It is nice and is pink which will match 2 others that are just waiting for spring.

Oh, Saturday I picked up a new package of plastic fillable Easter Eggs at the Mennonite Thrift Store.- .50 and will do to fill up the family basket.

Well, time to head down to supper.

Keep up the good frugal fight!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 Glad you were able to take your fur baby to see the vet. Hope he heals fast .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sat and Monday-leaves and branches...too many but they are mostly done. Garden work begins tomorrow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

what a nice morning, the sun is shining and it is so pretty out.
    i am thinking park again.. running and just nice.
    lunch is ready, and it should be really nice .

i have the back yard stuff started .. so .. i will go out with the puppies and got 30 - 1 hour done every day. currently , it needs alot , alot of work. but it will get there.

youngest is home tonight, and i have a move back home date for middle child.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Its very gloomy out it’s drizzling and no Sun here
    My DD will also be back home for Easter weekend if we can get all her Stuff moved. Her last day for exam is April 16. Still have to figure won’t where she would be living next year . Because she didn’t want to live with her friends anymore too much drama.

Tonight dinne would be another vegetarian dish don’t know what as yet but may be peas and rice with a Salad with balsamic vinegar. Would like to chase a few deals on vegetables so will see if Walmart has them in stock since it’s PM with the Asian store
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information