User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-was up at 4.30 and did 2 loads of laundry -didn't worry about hanging today as its going to rain ,so ticked that I got grease on my top when I cooked the turkey ,so trying the stain spray ,baking soda and dawn dish soap method lets see .I even had an apron why didn't I put it on .

Soaked my feet this morning as my heels were killing me from an hour of walking yesterday .

Gesileta-my hubby fixed Ashlyn's doll bed (made with cardboard which didn't last) with 2 small pieces of our flooring
    then framed a small rectanguler area with scrap wood and bought hinges to hide his junk under the work bench

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@coupon girl what about a chef jacket? I use that to cook when I cooking things like ham, bacon, turkey or anything that requires me to stir and hold a pot such as my stock pot. You can stain them all you want they come in all colors and all sizes women and men’s. I even have a brand new orange one size large never worn in my closet. Maybe have a look on Amazon?!?! Just an idea is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Over the last few days Smartcanucks is now requiring me to login at least once each day. It’s been months since I’ve had to login via my iPhone. Any ideas why? Im finding it rather annoying.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentiresforme -thanks for the tip ,but I deal with hot flashes and may find that to hot -I do have a bib apron which I will use next time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hey all. I am squirming in my chair with anticipation of the first garage sale of the season, which is at 8 a.m. next Saturday at the firehouse in town. I want to loot and pillage garage and yard sales this year. I've been spurred on by using up the last hard plastic picnic cup that I bought in a batch about 15 years ago at a yard sale. I bought about 40 of them and I've been rotating them (mostly, throwing old ones out) into the bathrooms and onto the kitchen sink where I prefer to have plastic rather than glass. I hauled out the last of the picnic glasses and congratulated myself. 15 years worth of daily use for $1 at a yard sale. YEAH! I'm ready for the yard sailing season. Don't get in between me and bargain on the table. Fair warning!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the upcoming sale flyers for Ontario are posted. Lots of good deals. Yikes.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There was an estate sale here on Saturday in town some place I wanted to go to but I have exactly no money whatsoever. Garage sales here happen sometimes year round but they are usually rent warehouses and have it in there, because of lots of parking.

I’m not the nicest person today and in sheer period pain. I slept from 9pm to 5am then 8:30am then 9am to 11am. I don’t have the patience for others in my life so I am staying inside on my bed basically. I have moved a couple times to use the washroom and find ibuprofen. I am having volcano hot flashes and winter freezing cold flashes. Sometimes simultaneously.

Right now I am getting messages from a person who keeps telling me to come there ASAP they fricken know where i live they can come here with all that I am concerned. I am not there fing slave. And no I don’t have there bloody money neither payday is tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am exhausted. Decided it was going to be fend for yourself for dinner. Stopped at valumart on way home and they had hot food cleared out and marked dowm. 8 pc chicken tenders for $8.99 less 50% off ( they are huge) put onion rings in oven for DS. There is 10 chicken pieces. What a deal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Taking it easy today, had some injections and need to rest. I splurged on sushi yesterday and overspent again this month on medical expenses. Hospital parking is criminal but my local hospital had VIP parking so following the injection I asked if they could bring my vehicle, and they did 🙂. Wish I had cash as I would have tipped them, but I left a free mcdonalds coffee coupon.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Some days i just keep going i tell you .My son needed someone to pick up Ashlyn today at 3.10 and hubby was tired so I went .Then came home and made homemade turkey soup and had some -have 5 containers for the freezer

Hoping to go see my brother on Wednesday with my sister-in-law as he is off the ventilator and breathing on his own now -not half and half like before my dear nefew rented the t.v for a month for him to watch the games as he is bed bound

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupon girl I'm glad your brother is off the ventilator.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks barbis9-i am sure he has a long way to go -he isnt talking ,but rolls his eyes ,and his swelling has gone down in his hands ,not his feet yet .Last week they stopped a bleed ,so all is good news each time I hear it

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday's weather by late morning was ideal for line drying washing outside-I enjoyed going to sleep in my top and pyjamas at night due to the fresh air scent! Cashed in 17 containers for $1.70 and the change was handy with the $5 from home to buy two trash bags and a bag of brown sugar (noticed that all stock was depleted at home).
    Another rainy day in Hamilton-my mood matches that bright/gray/rain/blah cycle. Finished a library book that was due today so that is a win!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Dark but dry day here so far.

Left the house with a clean kitchen. The dishwasher will be ready to run after 7pm tonight. I didn't run it last night since it wasn't full yet.

Getting my winter tires off today which should make for better gas mileage. I should hit No Frills for Armstrong cheese too since that is a good sale price with coupon.

Dinner tonight will be clean out the fridge and grilled cheese with sliced cucumber! Simple

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

working at home today because I have a dental appointment mid day. It always feels like such a treat to be at home. Plan to start some spring cleaning tonight. we still have random kids toys in the basement so I am going to sort through and donate. Lots of odd Lego so that I will bundle up to send to some schools in the north that are in need of Lego. I also found chicken breast via the Flash food app at RCSS for 5.00 for 700g packages so I need to make sure I get out to pick those up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information