• 1 Post By wendymac
  • 1 Post By Miss Molly
  • 1 Post By flemeth
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Rexall Scop Rant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

So I went to Rexall today to get some of the air miles deals. I grabbed one of the venus embrace razor that was advertised in the flyer for 5.99, it rings in at 16.99, so I tell the cashier its in the flyer for 5.99 and get out my flyer to show her. She says ok, but I have to call my manager, I also mention SCOP. So the manager comes over, sees me with my stack of coupons, and goes and grabs about 3 different razors to see if any of them ring in at 5.99, none of them do.

I then say to him, don't I get it for free because of SCOP, he says no I can only have $10 off, making it 6.99, more than the sale price. I point to the flyer showing him that the price is 5.99 therefore I get it for free. He says no its $10 off the price it rings in as. Again I say the price is 5.99, delivered to my home. The manager then asks me if I would like him to print me out a copy of SCOP. I said, yes please. He then refuses to do so saying if I'm going to try and use the policy I should actually know the policy. I was fuming at this point and refused to buy the razor, even though I have a $4 coupon.

After I paid for my other purchases, I went back to find the manager to tell him that he was very rude to me, quoting his offer to print SCOP for me and then taking it back. Finally he said he would go print it and highlighted the part about the shelf price. There wasn't a sale tag on the shelf, therefore I couldn't use SCOP.

I left annoyed and angry, especially about the rudeness, the cashier was very nice though. I got the 1 800 # and I'm calling first thing monday morning.

Does anyone know if he was right, even though the price was in the flyer?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus
    wendymac likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Aren't the razors in the flyer only around 10$ normally? I haven't bought any in awhile, but 17$ - 6$ drop in price for a sale seems a bit much? Just wonderin'
    wendymac likes this.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

So long as the actual razor doesn't have a price tag ON it, it IS SCOP. And so long as it IS the same razor advertised in the flyer...

Scanning Code of Practice If the scanned price of a non-ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum, and $10 off if the advertised price is more than $10.
    wendymac likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by collett View Post
    I then say to him, don't I get it for free because of SCOP, he says no I can only have $10 off, making it 6.99, more than the sale price. I point to the flyer showing him that the price is 5.99 therefore I get it for free. He says no its $10 off the price it rings in as. Again I say the price is 5.99, delivered to my home. The manager then asks me if I would like him to print me out a copy of SCOP. I said, yes please. He then refuses to do so saying if I'm going to try and use the policy I should actually know the policy. I was fuming at this point and refused to buy the razor, even though I have a $4 coupon.
    He is not entirely correct about the policy.

It is $10 off the CORRECT price.

So correct price is 5.99
    Purchase price should be |5.99-10.00| = $0.00
    wendymac likes this.
    Appreciate my help? I'd also appreciate it if you used my referrals

Earn $25 by opening an ING Direct bank account.
    Simply enter
    35156180S1
    as the "orange key" when signing up & make your first deposit of $100.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akitakara View Post
    He is not entirely correct about the policy.

It is $10 off the CORRECT price.

So correct price is 5.99
    Purchase price should be |5.99-10.00| = $0.00
    That is how I read it too, otherwise they can also be sued for false advertising, even if they don't take part in SCOP they have to honour an advertised price
    wendymac likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

FAQ's ABOUT SCOP

Who participates in the SCOP?
    Nearly every major retailer in Canada participates in voluntary Scanning Code.

If the store I am in does not have the sign do they participate in the SCOP?
    Although all participating retailers are suppose to display the Scanning Code of Practice sign as shown above, not all do.

Does Zeller’s particpate in SCOP?
    No, Zeller’s does not participate in voluntary Scanning Code. Except for i Quebec where this code is the law and not voluntary

Will the cashier give me the product free without mentioning the SCOP?
    It is likely that you will have to ask the cashier to apply the Scanning Code of Practice. If the store is a participant they must give it to you for free or $10 off if the priced scanned is higher than the shelf or other displayed price.

If the store will not apply the code, call 1-866-499-4599 and register a complaint.

How about if I more than one of an item that scans in wrong?
    If you buy three identical items you are entitled to the first item free, the following items will be adjusted to the lower price.

How about if I buy many different items that scan in wrong?
    You are entitled to the first item free per unique UPC, so if each item has a different UPC each item is free. You are entitled to one item free per unique UPC code.

The product had a price tag on it does the SCOP apply?
    No, the Scanning Code only applies to non-price ticketed items.

The displayed price was expired, does the SCOP apply?
    Yes, if any displayed price for that item is lower than the price the item scans for Scanning Code applies.

The item was on clearance does the SCOP apply?
    If the item is not ticketed with a price and the mark down was only by a sign or dsiplay than yes, the scanning code applies.

How about if the price that scans in for lower than the display price does the SCOP apply
    No, the Scanning Code of Practice only applies if the price that scans in is higher than the shelf or any other displayed price.

My item was more than $10 do I get it free?
    No, if your item is more than $10 you will get $10 off the price of your item.

wendymac likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

can some clarify what 'non ticketed' item means. im thinking the actual product has no price on it. or the shelf has no price on it underneath said item..
    wendymac likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    can some clarify what 'non ticketed' item means. im thinking the actual product has no price on it. or the shelf has no price on it underneath said item..
    Some products have the price sticker right on the product that is a ticketed item i.e the each item is individually stickered with a price tag as opposed to having a price on the shelf for all of them .

But if there is no price sticker on the product but only on the shelf that's a non ticketed item .
    wendymac likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Old thread but Rexall is not listed as a participating retailer on the Retail Council of Canada's website.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thanks for this discussion, gals. It was enlightening. SCOPing is the new frontier of freebies into which I need to launch myself.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I tried to scop at Rexall before and they don't do it. I also find they are the worst for having incorrect prices on items.
    Ciel likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I tried to scop at Rexall before and they don't do it. I also find they are the worst for having incorrect prices on items.
    Totally agree with you during the. STB promo I tried to scope a package of hair dye. I don't really shop there I find there prices are really high
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One thing I can say in Rexall's favour: while the prices tend to be high, if you watch the flyers for Air Miles deals, sometimes a BOGO 50% off deal on vitamins works out well with bonus AM even if the product prices are high.
    coupon girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information