User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today was about cleaning, ironing the new tops, and making a pasta surprise casserold (about 500g elbow pasta-cooked, then mixed with 1 tin of Stagg's veggie 4 bean chili, 1 540ml diced tomato tin, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning and gave everything a stir (had oiled the pan first before adding items) and popped it into 400F oven for 25min. Lunch!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Today was about cleaning, ironing the new tops, and making a pasta surprise casserold (about 500g elbow pasta-cooked, then mixed with 1 tin of Stagg's veggie 4 bean chili, 1 540ml diced tomato tin, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning and gave everything a stir (had oiled the pan first before adding items) and popped it into 400F oven for 25min. Lunch!
    i do the same with homemade chili.. and add 2 c of sharp cheese. . so yummy!!!
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cant believe this I just finished my pills yesterday and I fell asleep on the couch for half hour then told hubby I felt like crap ,still went to son's and he had us stay for supper .Well when we got home at 6.00p.m I have a full blown cold now

Just woke up in a sweat ,could be a hot flash who knows .Hopefully I feel better on Saturday as we promised daughter we would watch Sebastian so she and hubby could go on a date ,they havent been out in months

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupon girl .. hugs i hope you feel better soon.

for those who sb. new swaggo board monday. i have been playing the hualer game and doing caddle survey daily . i have no room on my cliothes line.. so the dogs blanket... is on my decks railing... i have about 4 loads left. then sknunk is done.

good news from my tiny backwards town. .. they are passing a bilaw saying only one side of my street will have parking. the people across the street have been fighting it for years. and honestly... it is dangerous. but heaven forbid the party people have to walk to their driveway. omg. these are the same people whoes backyard backs onto the park.. and they go though thier gate to " take thier dogs for a walk" s o they dont poop in their backyard.

ok friday. bills paid. gr list made.
    i am hoping to weed the front flower bed tonight. yes, that sounds like bliss to me
    happy frugal day everyone!!!

adding today is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...a_and_Biphobia
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, May 17th, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! It's finally here! Off work early which is nice!

Just called in to see what deals are to be had for internet and to confirm when my promo ends. Ends in August so said I should call in July. He told me some deals now and put on my file so I can check around still. I am not paying huge bucks for internet.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@coupongirl if you didn’t feel better in the first 2-4 days then maybe the antibiotics didn’t work for u. I suggest go back to the doctor and ask the question did it go away and get a blood test to make sure and urine test to make sure.

I take lots of antibiotics especially when I am sick and spend too many times taking multiple different kinds. But they say if your not feeling better after that period above then get tests done to make sure the antibiotics actually worked or not.

Last week I received a package it was glass one of them was broken and they sent out more. After I complained well they at my postal office waiting to be delivered I am fing excited. I didn’t have to pay for more I suppose they sent me 7 instead of the original 6, Because one broke.

I saw my doctor yesterday he had shoulder replacement the week before. It looked like he’s not fully booked because of the office look bare. I went to superstore yesterday with my mom to buy corn from a flyer that was marked 33cents each. She left to the bathroom I started to fill the cart with food that I wanted. Lol. We went to the meat department she wanted a strip loin like they had in the save on foods flyer but none of the strip loins on the shelf at superstore had bone in. Then she bought lamb chops that were small and told me to put back the frozen ones that were more generous. I don’t understand her shopping desire it’s only her at home now that my sister moved to Vernon. I picked up a couple of coupons as I was there shopping.

This is my Mom’s freezer I don’t, think she needs more food....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh my that freezer would drive me crazy lol. Mine is so organized and neat
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh my. i am in the that freezer would drive me nuts camp.

ok. donation stuff is leaving. and i grabbed a bag.. filled it with daycare stuff i havent used in 2 years. i have to much daycare stuff. working on bringing it under control .

did money stuff . feel good. plan is solid.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

My first day of yard saling, and I hit 5 of them, none farther than 20 miles away, most about 10 miles. I always think of the gas it takes.
    #1. 4 placemats, 6 DVDs = $3.50
    #2. a bag of 40 new pairs of good socks = $5 The fellow is diabetic and bought a slew of new support socks only to find that the elastic was too tight for his swollen legs.
    #3: JACKPOT. Box of about 100 DVDs, all pretty and some great, for $15
    New, never out of the box, Black and Decker toaster oven for 1 I need to replace = $35 i
    Universal TV remote =$1.50. In all = $51.50
    #4. a kit with 20 different lip glosses, a box of groceries (within due date), 2 stuffed bears for my dog, a VHS player because we still have em and our player is going to die, donation to animal shelter=$20 in all.
    #5. 3 pyrex baking dishes = $3.

WHOO WHOO! I'll be hitting 3 more tomorrow. Then home to start planting because it is supposed to be nice and warm tomorrow.
    Last edited by wendymac; Fri, May 17th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentires4me -I did feel better in the first 2-4 days as my tonsils were swollen and I had tonsilitus,the answer is in watching my dear 18 month old granddaughter she goes to daycare 3 days a week(so much germs in daycares, so much going around) and I watch her Monday and Fridays ,she always has a snotty nose lately and had a cold last week

Just relaxed today out on my back deck reading and soaking up the sun for a bit

wendymac -awesome deals at garage sales
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m really sore and in pain today i figured I would have a nap. I also think I posted earlier but didn’t realize until I scrolled up. The doctor said he thinks the mild concussion is more serious then Originally thought at the hospital. He sending me to neurologist he said as soon as possible but his MOA is really slow with these things.

Yes the freezer is over packed but this is my mother whose a hoarder I suppose she hordes food too. I suppose with my sister gone she would have some form of separation anxiety without her being there. An empty house with stuff. She is finishing a deck and made of manufactured plastic looking like wood. Considering the deck has been redone several times over the years by her and my dad. This stuff will not rot, or turn green or fade. But geeze it’s heavy though it’s almost taken a whole 9 months to put together by one person because my mom changes the plans always. If she had installed it would have taken 1 week. And cost her less money then it does now.

My mother had to pay money on her taxes something like 4,500$. I almost dropped dead reading the punch line of this mistake her accountant made. I mean how could a professional accountant who my mother pays make a big mistake of $4,500, plus pay her accountant like $250. WTH?!?!?

I went to Walmart and bought candy, 2 orange kit kat, 3 drink infusers, I tube of mini m&ms. For $17.39. The cashier was bluntly stupid and gave me $12.60 in return it was suppose to be $2.60. I was nice and came back to the till when she realized her mistake. After I was almost halfway down the parking lot. I tried to say something at the till but she told me she has another customer. I was stopped by security for unknown reasons at the door before I left asking for receipt, I thought to myself it’s not Costco, before she realized her mistake. The Walmart had security crawling all over it. I was probably followed because I know what I wanted and I got out of there. Or maybe they are getting robbed lots. Who knows.

My bathroom smells like a bonfire burn. There’s no fan in the bathroom poor building job probably by a low bidder. There’s suppose to be AC in the suites but they haven’t figured out how to turn on the reverse air flow.

My glass items came I thought there was 7 in the box there is only 2. Which makes sense because I said one broke and send another one in case the other one breaks.

I guess I should write a shopping list for Wednesday.

Laters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went to foodland... cashed in 130 in airmiles. got 4 boxes of leadbetter burgers.. 5 hot dogs. 1 pkg hamburger buns, 1 pkg hotdog buns. and 7 plants for the garden. i have most of the back area filled in now. very very pleased.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Finally sitting on the deck with the fireplace and a glass of wine. It’s the 1st time this year. The weather has been so crappy. I did get to Costco today for my 6 pack of kale. That is such a money saver. Bought a few pots, I always go a little crazy with flowers for the deck and garden so this year I shall try to practice restraint
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a busy, scary, stressful, expensive while.

I’m still using my coupons, pm’ing, apps, points, AM, SCOPing, etc. Sometimes it only feels like a drop in the bucket. I’m with Giselle doing the daily Caddle survey, the new 500pts for PC Optimum, and Swagbucks.

I’ve taught 4 full days so far this month.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW where did this week go??????

Sunday I went out of town for work, I needed to cross train a staff member to work the retail side but he is our Driver in that location and the only day he does not drive in Mondays so we committed to getting all his training done in one. We got it done, but it was an insane day as we did some upgrades over the weekend and our printing went down, we were down for 2 1/2 days so my phone has been insane between between calls and emails.

I came back on Tuesday and feel like I have not stopped since I got back. We have some many things on the go at work and I am trying to make sure I get all of my parts done before my surgery so I do not leave other people waiting a week for me to get back. As well due to the printing issues we have had so many issues I have spent my days lapping our building and had my phone attached to my ear but with a few work arounds it looks like we are back up and running.

It has also been a rough week as I have not been feeling well, the gallbladder really has not been happy this week plus I get a shot every 3 months. To combine that appointment with my pre-op appointment I was late getting my shot and I really felt it. Which means I have not been getting much done around the house as it is taking everything I have just to work.

The goods news is although I had issues sleeping last night I woke up feeling pretty okay today and ready to go. I have started washing the bedding and will see if I can get all of the bedding and laundry done today. Not sure what else I am going to tackle today, I should get more done around the house but I am also tempted to work to try to get these projects done before my surgery.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information