User Tag List

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine has been weakly shining this morning and the sky is showing that periwinkle blue that means rain is lurking somewhere. Noticed the new RBC Open banners in the village core saying Summer's Open (yikes, still kind of a cold spring so far) as the golf tournament is 15 days away and some businesses are making their lots look more attractive in the meantime.

Yesterday after the grasscutting (just one section), there was laundry, a limited period of line-drying until the scent of horse manure wafted in the air, then same laundry got 10min to dry in the dryer. Off to Longos for groceries and those tempting $1.99 Chapmans ice cream novelties (for TYR cardholders otherwise you'll pay $2.99). Made turkey wraps for lunch today and made two fruit platzes. The first batch-batter came out decently baked but the defrosted peach slices varied in appearance. The second batch-batter came out underbaked but not too brown at the edges; however the fresh apricots (yup, they were pricey so only bought 6) tasted fine. Plan is to have tea/coffee with the wraps and sweets when a visitor is over today.

When I did a walk to Fortinos last night, I returned a beer can to the beer store and noticed a new Jack Links Buy 1 Get 1 free beef steak strip coupon. On commenting on the new coupon, I told the employee how I had not purchased the product promoted over a year ago. I was handed a steak strip sample freebie-thanks to the employee-so there must have been a demo in-store earlier in the day. It was tasty!

Will see how the afternoon weather turns out. Think Monday will be the day to putter in the garden that is covered with Mother Nature's own green plants plus the randomly distributed bulbils (some stalks are over 30cm high already). I have some DVDs to help pass the time without Internet on Sunday and Monday.

Victoria Day weekend is like Ontario's sign that summer is on its way--somewhere, somehow. Or at least someone in a neighbourhood is keen on fun as fireworks have been launched (at least last night someone did just that for a few minutes). I wish each SCer some downtime to just enjoy the outdoors in an unrushed manner without any technology--grab your quiet time when it appears or make the time!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I found this at shoppers...

Anyone remember blue Pepsi from the 90s? This is what that tastes like. I didn’t have to pay deposit or environmental fee either. What a score for 4.50$ for a case of 12, And couple of points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks for teh reminder Angela , i just did the Hauler game.

ok, took my mom to nofrills and the garden store. then bought her some soil and brought that back for her and filled her garden beds.
    spent 3 hours playing in the garden . very helpful . just started sb.
    had a good shower with lush products.

homemade subs for supper. and hopefully hubby found a good movie to watch
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent the morning cleaning the garage and then took a load of stuff to the dump, seems like everyone else had the same plan. There was a line up but it felt good to get rid of stuff. Then stop at TERRA for plants. I bought some vegetable starts for the garden but will wait a few days to see if we are consistently over freezing at night. DH tried to set up the new bbq but the new one has a different sized hose so we need a gas fitter. So I need a new plan for dinner.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had fun today shopping at Kohl's near Spokane. They had a lot on sale plus gave me a 30% off code plus waived the 8+% state tax as I come from a tax free province! On the drive down, through Banff and Kootenay National Parks hubs and I spotted lots of wildlife including a bear and a cougar-never seen one of those crossing the road before.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I had fun today shopping at Kohl's near Spokane. They had a lot on sale plus gave me a 30% off code plus waived the 8+% state tax as I come from a tax free province! On the drive down, through Banff and Kootenay National Parks hubs and I spotted lots of wildlife including a bear and a cougar-never seen one of those crossing the road before.
    I love Kohl’s. The wildlife would freak me out. I am from southern Ontario. We have racoons and skunks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes we have skunks and on Friday night I was sound asleep at 10.30 when the neighbours dog woke me barking ,then about 2 minutes later I could smell the skunk sprayed out back
    I swear when we came home from Toronto last night I could still smell a lingering of skunk as I came in the house

Had fun watching Sebastian he has asked my daughter for 3 days now "nana ,papa go to the zoo " so we will go to the zoo at some point with them
    We took him to the playground it was still a bit chilly ,plus I brought him a new dinosaur and book .Mastermind had 60% off in their store a few items online and in store I got 3 books and a dinosaur for 22 dollars -one book was 3.49 for a hard board toddler book that was an awesome price putting 2 other books away one for cara and the other , may use for a new baby to give . My daughter /her hubby bought us burgers and fries I brought the corn from sobeys .50 each

My daughter had just gotten a nice new shorter haircut (like a bob ) and dressed up for their date night she had a blouse and nice long skirt on ,they had fun .So even thou I wasn't feeling up to par ,I am still glad we went .

I have all week to relax as I don't watch cara til next Friday I think

Just started my towels as its going to be a glorious day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupongirl... i still have a area of my yard that smells like skunk..... stilll........

ok. early enough.. heading outside... going to garden for several hours till it gets to hot. ...
    i have a insane amount of stufff to get done out there. honesty, all my own fault . i did not get enough done last year. then my dad got sick... and i did nothing . seriousl y peeps. fall cleanup it just makes life easier.

ok. plan for the day... yard work. . then chill. rain forescast at 6 pm.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

A work day. But I've taken off time for a walk with DH and the dogs during which we encountered horses. Fortunately we take leads with us so we clipped the little darlings (!!!) onto a short leash and the horses escaped everything but massive barking. It has been a relaxed day so far, with no surprises. Only work, cooking, cleaning, and dogs. DH is napping now. Good.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

found out the skunk sprayed my side of shed and neighbours ,so sprayed it down with vinegar

hubby is edging around our front shrubs and day lilies

bbq -steak I got from fortinos with points a few weeks back and a few potatoes and fresh corn on cob

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    found out the skunk sprayed my side of shed and neighbours ,so sprayed it down with vinegar

hubby is edging around our front shrubs and day lilies

bbq -steak I got from fortinos with points a few weeks back and a few potatoes and fresh corn on cob
    if the vinager does not work.. Lysol Laundry additive... just spray it on....
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

5 hours outside. my dogs are tired!!!!
    both are sound asleep.

i feel very very good about my progress. i will do hopefully another 3 hours tomorrow. for now... i just poped a bunch of random frozen items in the oven. and i am waiting on the rain. hope it comes soon
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hubby and i worked out front all afternoon bought 10 bags of soil and i am making my own planter again this year -and it looks so lovely ,nice curb appeal
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am really going to start watching SDM with 20x the points. Its amazing when you can use coupons to bring the total down amd still get the points. I went in for milk and eggs. Saw display of Dove shampoo with bonus conditioner for $2.99. I had $1.50 coupons!! So i paid $40.03 OOP for 10 2pks of Dove, 2 x eggs, 4L milk, almond butter amd 2x butter 12pk for lime tonic for summer drinks. Received over 21,000 pts ( had bonus pts for the butter and received Dove pts which was a surprise.
    So shampoo/conditioner is stocked up now!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, May 19th, 2019 at 07:31 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son had lacrosse all day so nothing was accomplished here and next weekend it’s a 3 day tournament in @gisel dta’s area. Staying with gramma saves a boatload of money and we can pair it with a bbq at my brothers as my nephew turns 21. So tired after sitting outside all day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information