User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    We celebrated Mother's Day today as I double booked myself for tomorrow so Mom said let's do Mother's Day Saturday. We met bro and his gf at Mandarin for Lunch which scared me, I felt like I was on an edge of an attack and scared to eat. I found a few things I could eat but afraid to try anything that might have been deep fried or had a sauce as I did not know what was in the sauce.

Before we went to Lunch we went to Costco and grabbed a few things, I did pick up a few things we did not necessarily need right now but wanted to make sure we would not need it right after my surgery. SO we got:
    Dishwasher Tabs
    Downy
    Calcium Magnesium
    Chicken Broth
    **Everything above was on sale
    Cheese Slices
    Romaine Lettuce (Since I live on Salad)
    Portobello Mushrooms
    Pretzel Crackers (A Snack I can have)
    Bacon
    Chicken Breast (Since I am living off Chicken we are going through it at a rapid rate)
    We can in right where I expected to be with our Costco Bill so that made me happy.

After Costco we went to Superstore as they had Ground Beef and Mom had a Beef offer so we grabbed 2 Family Packs. Well we were there we also grabbed 4 Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays as it is Mom's Fav BBQ and we have gone through a bit of lately as it get protein with all my Salad I have been making BBQ Chicken Chunks.

On the way home we also went to No Frills as I realized I did not grab any Bananas and we were running low on Apples and they have naturally Imperfect 6 lb bag for $4.97 plus we had a PC Point offer for both. Well I was there I also grabbed myself some Rye Bread and Dish Soap since it was on sale.

I have had some ups and down the last couple of days as more learn I am getting my gallbladder out. One co worker told me his wife recently had hers out and is having huge issues and pretty much can no longer eat vegetables especially anything green which freaked me out. But then today I learned Bro's gf has hers out 5 years ago and was very reassuring that it was the best thing she ever did. I think after surgery scares me the most right now.

I am supposed to be getting some work today but when I came home I laid on the couch for a bit to try to relieve some pain and it did seem to work. Now I am trying to talk myself into getting some work done but I really am having issues finding my focus.

Laundry is going right now and should be done soon so that is one household items off my to do list which is nice as I feel nothing is getting done around the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - the surgery is very scary. ... but personally.. best thing ever. and only food thing is brocoli.... that could be a age thing.. broc doesnt like me anymore. thats ok.. i can eat every other veggie.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks Giseledta
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mom took me over to her house (I take medication that doesn’t allow me to sweat) so I am feeling the effects from the heat which is dizziness, lightheaded, and tired. I made her take me home my apartment is just roasting when I got home. I turned on the AC it registered 76F in my room. I think it’s 32C it feels like outside. Good thing I am laying on my bed I don’t want to go anywhere right now. I found my laptop. Array of computers even my dads tower all dismantled I was pissed off my dad’s tower was functioning up and running when I was there last. It’s a 2 TB hard drive he built himself before having the stroke 2 years before he passed away in 2015. I searched around for anything of his that’s of value everything destroyed by my mother and her need for the space back in her wake of hoarder heaven.

What people don’t know is that my mother is a hoarder room to room it can be somewhat passable but the front door which she calls side door. Is overflowing with stuff. It’s also the den where it seems computers go there to be stacked. Remnants of the past and a can of my dad’s ashes. The laundry room is next off the den this is add on to the house. She keeps her prize collection of her cookie jars above. Below is the only basement. It is floor to ceiling tall filled with boxes. She has boxes upon boxes of “shoe box kids items” every year she sends only 30 shoe boxes but has enough stuff for over 300 boxes. And continues to accumulate stuff. It’s her obsession i did 20 shoe boxes myself one year and went through her boxes to find things that I had given her to give to my aunt Elaine whose a school teacher. I was little peeved. Now if I ever get stuff it’s given directly to that person.

I bought my friend a fan it’s more powerful then the lame tower fan she has. I asked her if it was okay she said yeah she loved me for thinking of her.

Well I am going to have a nap or something laters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all
    all 3 of my kids are asleep under the same roof. omg. prob the last mothers day this is ever happening. we droppedoff a mothers day gift to my mom yesterday. will drop one off at mil later.

Laundry needs to get done. and kitchen cleaned . i am not sure what the kids plans are. i know youngest works at 230 . oldest worked a boy scout camp yesterday an is sore. middles hung ut with friends last night..

Rain is due shortly. so.. thre goes my plans of playing in the garden . oh well... there is always tomorrow

Happy Mothers day everyone!!!
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms Here and anyone else who take on the roll of a Mom. Hoping you all have an awesome day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy mother's day to every mom -i was sleeping in this morning and the door bell rang at 8.15 a.m it was son-in-law and sebastian stopping in for a visit before returning to toronto ,so i gave sebastian ceral and toast and we painted then they were on their way home after an hour and a half

Just doing laundry and just finished my puzzle oh and watched "if beale street could talk" nice movie

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Ditto - Happy Mother's Day
    A frugal prediction: the Mother's Day items in stores will be 50% off this time next week

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i found a gift card last week on a walk ,from pizza pizza $2.53 on it so ordered a pizza for hubby and I tonight -walk in special

My daughter called to wish me a happy mother's day she was riding home in a uber on her way back from Chicago .She had 3 great days with a girlfriend ,not the nicest weather the last 2 days she said ,well same here I told her .I am glad she had a great time ,it was a much needed vacation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    We celebrated Mother's Day today as I double booked myself for tomorrow so Mom said let's do Mother's Day Saturday. We met bro and his gf at Mandarin for Lunch which scared me, I felt like I was on an edge of an attack and scared to eat. I found a few things I could eat but afraid to try anything that might have been deep fried or had a sauce as I did not know what was in the sauce.

Before we went to Lunch we went to Costco and grabbed a few things, I did pick up a few things we did not necessarily need right now but wanted to make sure we would not need it right after my surgery. SO we got:
    Dishwasher Tabs
    Downy
    Calcium Magnesium
    Chicken Broth
    **Everything above was on sale
    Cheese Slices
    Romaine Lettuce (Since I live on Salad)
    Portobello Mushrooms
    Pretzel Crackers (A Snack I can have)
    Bacon
    Chicken Breast (Since I am living off Chicken we are going through it at a rapid rate)
    We can in right where I expected to be with our Costco Bill so that made me happy.

After Costco we went to Superstore as they had Ground Beef and Mom had a Beef offer so we grabbed 2 Family Packs. Well we were there we also grabbed 4 Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays as it is Mom's Fav BBQ and we have gone through a bit of lately as it get protein with all my Salad I have been making BBQ Chicken Chunks.

On the way home we also went to No Frills as I realized I did not grab any Bananas and we were running low on Apples and they have naturally Imperfect 6 lb bag for $4.97 plus we had a PC Point offer for both. Well I was there I also grabbed myself some Rye Bread and Dish Soap since it was on sale.

I have had some ups and down the last couple of days as more learn I am getting my gallbladder out. One co worker told me his wife recently had hers out and is having huge issues and pretty much can no longer eat vegetables especially anything green which freaked me out. But then today I learned Bro's gf has hers out 5 years ago and was very reassuring that it was the best thing she ever did. I think after surgery scares me the most right now.

I am supposed to be getting some work today but when I came home I laid on the couch for a bit to try to relieve some pain and it did seem to work. Now I am trying to talk myself into getting some work done but I really am having issues finding my focus.

Laundry is going right now and should be done soon so that is one household items off my to do list which is nice as I feel nothing is getting done around the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    Don't be scared about the surgery or afterwards - very safe arthroscopic procedure. Recovery is faster than in the old days when they used to open you up and that would take a longer recovery of 6 weeks.

You will be so happy when the painful attacks are gone. The only issue I had afterwards is sometimes high fatty rich food would go through my system quickly but zero pain. Please stay positive and don't listen to the horror stories. Just remember "pain relief".
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

As a mother of kittens, I treated myself to a beautiful fragrant hyacinth plant today. Once it stops flowering, I will keep the bulb and plant it in my garden in the fall, for next year.

Returned mouldy raspberries that hubby bought at Fortinos and cashed in a scratch lottery ticket. Also remembered to ask for my senior coffee at McDonald's drive thru - $1.35 for a medium and a free sticker as always.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

what a cold crappy day. I wanted to get some yard work done because we are busy next weekend but that's not happening. Younger son has lacrosse today, I took him to the 1st game and DH has just taken him to the second game. We did our Mothers Day dinner last night because of this and the fact the older son works Sunday nights. I think I will bake a brownie so they have a warm treat to return too.
    Happy Mothers day to everyone regardless of who calls you mom, including the four legged kids.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -I agree with barbis9 I had my gallbladder out when my daughter was 2 /half -so 30 some odd years ago was in the hospital a week ,larger cut than nowadays ,infact doctor wanted it out before I wanted anymore children he said -oh the pain ,it was sooo painfull when I had the attacks .

After just need to watch the high fatty rich foods.So please don't listen to other's stories that are not positive ,take it easy hon til you get the surgery try not to overdo yourself .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Barbis, I am trying to stay calm and yes I am looking forward to pain relief.

This week has been bad, the full on attack is over but I am not if it is because of the "constant" attack but it feels like I cannot get the pain to totally leave. I have had back pain all week and today I can feel it in my side even though I have not had anything that should have set it off.

I am really feeling the effects in the fact I always feel tired, so exhausted right now. I have no ambition because I am always so tired. As well I am not eating well due to constant ache, my appetite if not there. As well I know I am lacking patients right now, I can feel that I want to go off on little things but have been able to control it so far.

Although I will admit Mom is really pushing my buttons. I thought she has been through this she would have been a little more supportive but the little side comments are really getting to me. Like she keeps telling me how over chicken she is, so I am like then eat Beef I will cook myself chicken, but she then is like no, we aren't making 2 meals. Also she is all over me about not eating enough and mostly only eating Salad but Salad is safe so yes I eat it. This morning I lost it a little and asked if she thought I was enjoying the fact that I cannot just grab something and eat it and yes some of our go to dishes are off limits right now.

I think right now I really need her to get more shifts at work so I can find some alone time, cause last week she had all of 4 hours and it was well I was at work. What can I say I grew up with a single Mom working retail, I am used to having some alone time and mix in no alone time with being in pain and not feeling well and I am feeling a little on edge. Plus does not help that my work is insane and I am working long hours again to get things done before my surgery. I think I need a me day where I can do whatever I want with no one around.

Sorry for the rant.

Well I am going to go to bed and curl up with netflix and if I fall asleep before 8 pm so be it. Have a good night everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. I a m waiting on my early morning child.

i have a small roast out for beef dip sandwiches for supper. add veggie tray and done. i slept horribly last night.

hubby is off today.. we spent 4 hours at emerg last night .. acid reflux.. and a perscription. he needs to change the ppop poweraid ect . he isnot going to like me very much. but it needs to be done.

2 loads towels put away.
    today the only spending should be posibly getting the lawn mower fixed. hopefully.

hugs to all.

sassy - do the surgery. iit is scry to think of doing it. but recovery and after was sweet.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information