User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshley - hugs. hope your day gets better
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Dinner last night was the bomb! I butterflied the chicken breasts and spiced up and cooked in oven on pizza stone. I made rice and fresh asparagus and mushrooms.
    Made dinner plates for those not home. Made up a container for my lunch today. Leftover chicken, mushrooms and rice are in the fridge.

This morning I put a beef roast in the slow cooker. Will make up green beans and French fries when I get home. (youngest doesn't love mashed potatoes so I'm not going to bother since it is just him and I home for dinner. Will make up plates for anyone who wants them later.
    Wed night- Quesidias with meat leftovers.

I have one load of towels in the dryer to put away. I am really caught up on laundry. I will do a load of darks tomorrow night to keep up on it. I even washed DS's duvet and it was hung up to dry.

The clementines from Food Basics have been a hit with my oldest. Will buy 3 x 2bs at least tonight on way home. Awesome price and they are nice.

Have a great day everyone!
    Giseledta, wendymac, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The back of my SUV is empty. I am going to open it up and tell youngest DS to come down to the basement with me and I will hand him stuff to bring out and put in it. The plan is to fill it and get it out of the house. Then I can go to dump or Sally Ann which ever is needed! Will do this as soon as we finish dinner tonight.
    Giseledta, wendymac, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy hope you are feeling better ,you too giselta

I went to a walk in clinic and I am on meds ,he said my tonsils were so large for an adult or inflamed
    then went to rexall to get my meds looked at clearance got a old spice deodorant for hubby 2.34 after 1.00 peelie -I notice men's deodorant is sooo expensive so I like to have at least 3 or 4 stocked up for hubby
    airwick candle for me 3.66 after 2.00 peelie

then on to sobeys to get my raincheck item filled ,I scopped an liberte organic yogurt tub save 3.50 plus got 4 usa cobs of corn 2.50 last time they were so nice

supper tonight hubby wants pasta and rolls -I agree as it hurts to swallow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My No Frills had Pillar hams in a bunker for $2LB. Grabbed one for $5.31. Will be perfect for dinner one night of toasted Westerns with fries/salad. And then a toasted Western for breakfast on the weekend!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@SassyAshley @gisel ta @coupon girl GET WELL, LADIES! I want my Smartcanuck friends to be feisty and brimming with health. Get better, please.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning after taking 4 pills already -it doesnt kill me to swallow ,still feel not up to par so staying in again today.Last night I feel asleep watching t.v for 40 minutes -lol

I have to wait til I am all done my meds to visit my older brother in hospital,he is saying a few words(my wife) now so slowly coming along

My dear son asked us out on sunday for breakfast at a restarant ,he wants to treat us for mother's day .My daughter will be in Chicago on a personal trip with a girlfriend for 3 days .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Benylin all in one.. for the win currently.. every 6 hours... it is helping.

this morning is shaping up much better then yesterdays.

garbage and recyles are out. everything from dump day was picked up. so that is fabbo.

plan today is park a bit later.. after we work on mothers day gift bags.
    Middle is on lawn mowning detail.

h helper for supper... from stash of food that came back with middle child.
    goal is to fold 2 or 3 dare i say baskets of laundry.
    if it drys up i might.. finish off the front flower bed.
    rain again tomorrow.. but not till th e afternoon.

my non frugal.. i turned on the heat for a hour this am... it was 16 in my house... its off again, i just used it to warm up the house.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sunny day here right now. Not sure if we are expecting rain or not. I'm living in the moment.

DS has a school trip today....to the Martyr Shrine Church in Midland lol. Catholic school fun and they didn't have to wear their uniforms which I found weird. Best part is they supply lunch!

Dinner was a hit yesterday. I have a yummy lunch today. No leftovers from last night (except oldest has plate of food in fridge for tonight) so dinner tonight will be using up the chicken from the other night with rice. I will cook up the rest of the fries for DS and make him quesidias with the chicken.

Off to save my PC pts for tomorrow. Oh and loving this program still. I didn't receive points on the ham I bought yesterday so messaged them and they credited my account 1000 points very quickly. And now I get to save the pork points for next week

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed to do a bit of running around on my lunch break.

Went to Food Basics- Decided to stock up on more pasta sauce and beans since at .88 each and expiry dates into 2021/2022.
    Also found the VH coupons (again) Buy 2 save $1. They are on for $1.99 and same long expiry dates. Going to stock us up as well.
    Then popped into SDM. DS needs allergy meds. Clearance bin had a few packages on for $2 expiry date December 2020! Score!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Thank you for the well wishes and hope everyone under the weather feels better soon.

I am back to being okay during the day but night is still an issue, I am waking up in the middle night every night with pain. To combat this I have been in bed before 8 pm the past 2 nights which is helping as I am getting more sleep but sucks in the fact that I literally come home from work, shower, eat dinner and go to bed. So nothing is getting done around my house.

Mom has been offered an opportunity that I do not want to say too much on right now as there are still a lot of details that have not fallen into place. Not sure yet if this is good opportunity or not, we need more details. Hopefully in the next week or so we should have more answers.

Work is still insane, we have a lot on the go and this ticking clock of my surgery is not helping as I am not sure when I will be 100% back to work including travel so planning is hard. Found out today Dad did not know I needed surgery, I figured my step mom told him cause I spoke to her for almost an hour about it. Was funny because at the end I am like look at your calendar because just this morning his assistant put it in her calendar and added it to his as well. With that being said, Dad said to not worry about travel right now, so that helps.

Also found out today one of my sibs has ended it with their significant other, this will sound bad but honestly I am so happy for them. It was not a good relationship and I hope they see how much better things can be for them now as this person was very controlling.

Not much else going on here, had to do some work, after work because I needed everyone logged out so I left a little early today. Now I find out we have a late afternoon meeting out of town tomorrow I will be home late tomorrow now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Came home to make the dinner i planned and the leftover cooked chicken was gone. So pulled bread from freezer and made grilled cheese. I also grabbed a package of ground beef from freezer and made pasta sauce. So now i just have to cook fresh pasta when i get home tomorrow.
    My bestie and i have a girls day planned tomorrow. Massages and hot baths at Scandinavia spa in Collingwood then a late lunch at a local restaurant. You have to book months in advance so we are happy the day is finally here. So excited l!
    I cleaned out the top drawer of my dresser and tossed tons of junk. Happy i found youngests birth certificate etc because he needs his passport renewed so now i dont have to worry about it being lost. Phew!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 8th, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok... middle child came back from school with a few cans of chick peas... and a can of black beans...
    i sadly have never used either...

any ideas....
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok... middle child came back from school with a few cans of chick peas... and a can of black beans...
    i sadly have never used either...

any ideas....
    @Giseledta I make hummus with chick peas , you can sauté it up in olive oil Onions and other seasoning and used at as a side ,it also make a great salad. With black beans in my house we use them to make tacos to replace the meat, also soup, put them in chilli in place of the meat, and we make veggie burgers with them. Have a vegetarian in my house ( youngest DD)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

today was do nothing day...besides sit in front of the AC. While everyone else was melting in my building I was freezing. It crazy humidity out here. 24C felt like 27C currently sits at 22C outside. Most of my province sits with a category 2 fire ban. And there is watering ban in effect as well as we can only water once a week. I must check on my small black bucket to see if need to dump the water. I wanted this bigger blue bucket from Home Depot but it veto by my mother yesterday. So I have this small black bucket from dollar tree.

Well take care to all you that feel like crap-ola.

Anyways I must see how much water I collected laters for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information