User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Well, I believe in Spring, clearly. I cleaned out the hummingbird feeder by boiling it, bleaching it, and rinsing it repeatedly, and it is now hanging near a line of cedar near my front door. I hung the first basket of flowers from the soffet right outside the door, where I can see it through the window each time I pass. If the warnings of a frost in the next few days seem to be true, then I'll hoist it back inside for the night. I think it is going to be a short growing season this year.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well my meeting ran late, so working from home to catch up, it was a 2 hour meeting and I only had 37 emails when I came out.

Good news is Mom stopped on her way home and grabbed the few Not on Sale things we needed, yippee. I really did not want to stop.

Oh if only today were Friday I would be so happy. I am feeling very tired and next week will be another long week but hopefully the last one before my surgery. After this I am hoping to just clear things up and not take on anything new until after my surgery (I feel like I should be laughing but a girl can dream).

Well better get back to work for maybe I can get an hour to relax before bed. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning.

its friday. thank goodness.
    goal today.. put together the gift for mothers day. posibly go to the park.

supper is bbq burgers. i would like to get the kitchen spotless. hopefully fix the bathroom door.

plan i s 1 of th eplayrooms clean, bathroom spotless . kitchen spotless. mothers day gifs done . and money where money neds to go .
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Dropped the kid off at school then the dog off at the doggy spa She is way over due and will feel 50lbs lighter. Can't wait to see her this afternoon when I pick her up.

Dinner tonight for youngest is leftover pasta (ready to heat and eat at his pleasure) I have 2 containers of pasta sauce for the freezer for quick weeknight dinners over the next few weeks.

Off to see what my PC pts offers are

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Morning I have been to Walmart and no frills already.

I got some good news yesterday in more trauma counselling services being covered another 24-1hour sessions. I had asked the person who i was in contact with about 3 days prior before receiving the letter.

I went to no frills and picked up
    organic romaine hearts $3.97
    PC mixed mini potatoes $2.00
    4 pack of sweet peppers $2.97
    I got 400pts for potatoes.
    I paid $10 since I didn’t have change I got 1.05$ back.

At Walmart I got:
    GV chocolate bars 2 for $2
    Nestea powder mix $3.97
    Pepsi $4.97 deposit is 0.60$
    Dr Pepper cherry deposit is 0.60$
    Apparently Pepsi-coke is on for 2 for 8$ thats what it read on my receipt. I paid 15.70$ I got $0.05 back.

I wanted a 24 pack of Pepsi but they didn’t have them at Walmart.

I had a Cesar salad for breakfast. I took out some chicken thighs out of the freezer. Put them in the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stocked up on stuff I really needed at Shoppers yesterday and used my $10 card from the last seniors day promotion. I was so tempted to spend more but my mouth guard broke grrrrrr, and I need that replaced.

Was driving this morning and massaging my jaw as I had pain, and I got pulled over by the police who thought I was talking on my phone as I had my hand near my ear......I always keep my phone in my purse so I didn't get a ticket. Glad the police are cracking down on drivers using their phones but thought this was a little extreme.

Noticed that McDonald's will be serving fish and chips starting May 14th, and seniors (over 55) get 20% off any size coffee everyday.....didn't know but I will definitely ask for my discount next time! Sorry Tim Hortons but McDonald's is my go to now.....I have lost track how many times I have been ignored at tims waiting to order and the staff is busy chatting amongst themselves.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, May 10th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@barbis9 I'm with you, Barbis! McD all the way for me. Heck, they had me at 20% off.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So only three years until I get the discount, like Barb & Wendy McD's is my go to as well.
    I worked at home today and took an actual lunch to go to Costco. I had a return to do and last time I went I took one look and left, the line was like Christmas return crazy, but now I have the money back in my pocket and am the best mom ever as I brought a chicken home for diver.
    I paid to have my car detailed because the carpets needed a cleaning, its like a brand new car so it was worth it.
    its another busy weekend but I find working at home on Friday helps because I can get the weekend started at 4:30 instead of my usual 7PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis9-i never knew that seniors was 55 and up at mcdonalds -meanwhile my dear hubby gets coffee from them almost every day and we are 59 -gee we missed out on savings there from him getting coffee

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Early start to the day! Shopping done. Mothers day shopping done. Bought the paint for my bedroom with the plan to paint 2nd week in June. Kitchen cleaned up. Just showered and off to explore!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon ,son took us to breakfast with his 3 ladies in his life daughter-in-law ,cara and Ashlyn ,girls look so cute in dresses and I also got a small red watering can planter with Ashlyn and cara's hand print on it (daughter-in-law said to not leave it on my ourdoor table yet as she needs to coat it with some kind of spray )

Just treated myself to a new dress a midi hankerchif type at pharmasave 20.99-20% today =16.79 for summer and it fits lovely so nice and blue and it flows nicely plus I got a free gift bag for mom's has a sample of pain killer ,pharmasave hand crème and a face moisturizer plus 15% cpn good for next time of any makeup

oh and I have wanted a butter dish for ages now so bought one in bed bath and beyond 8.99-20%=7.19
    a reduced coffee mug .99 nice size beige flecks
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, May 11th, 2019 at 01:31 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Afternoon all.

grocery shopping is all done.
    Co 51 - 3.50 , caddle - 3.00
    Pc Points. 49 300 . this is combination of shoppers 20x , reg gr shopping, and 75.00 in joe fresh . i also got a free tote. the tote will be used for the daycare water bottles on our park trips.

used the gr reciepts on swagbucks.. got 15 sb. every little bit.

spent time made up a huge veggie tray for in the fridge. that will make suppers easy.
    supper tonight is natchos. we have a free movie we can watch so we will have a mini date night. hubby has to take midle child into town for a movie..
    i will work on my bedroom while he is gone. it is a mess.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Friday-Did some grasscutting yesterday then decided the run over leaves from last fall in one spot must be raked and bagged, so that the precious thin grass can grown. Noticed way too many future tree seedlings from nearby trees have rooted-I will have to mow them down or remove by hand (they are at least 3" high now). The overcast sky lent a cool effect to the rest of the lawn left to wave and glow sort of emerald green-almost could imagine I was in Ireland! Laundry was done and so was my supply of Pepsi Wild Cherry Pop.

Today-stayed home until early afternoon. Had a good long chat with cousin, ate turkey burgers for lunch and watched an old episode of Make It Right with Holmes (2014 season) on Global. Was fascinated to know of the AirRenew panels for attics and how a firewall is constructed and caulked (with red caulk). Want to see if I can find the episode name and show it to sibling and Mom because our house has an attic issue and the bathroom ceiling shows it.

Oh, I still have to make a chiffon cake today...time's running out for making a sweet for tomorrow. Will stop into Fortinos to see if there's anything I want in the produce section.
    @greentires4me -you have Dr. Pepper Cherry? Lucky! Still looking for some of the seasonal flavoured pops plus that Pepsi Throwback here in Ontario.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Today was stock me up on Dove body wash since it was on sale for $2.99, 20x the points, i had a personal offer and there was an instore offer of 1,000 pts per 3 and i had coupons. I bought 17 bottles. Paid $40.44 received 30,200 pts back. Not bad! Oh and a free bag
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, May 11th, 2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!

Had a shop at Loblaws for Ln Gr Beef. Had a personal of 10000 pts when I spend 30$ ending today. Also an offer of 200 pts / 1$ on Fresh Beef. Spent just over 32$ on Ln Gr Beef and got back just over 16000 pts. I can enjoy that!

Bye for now!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information