User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Rainy day here today so may as well be at work. Short week this and next because of the long weekend so that makes me happy
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

game to get pc points... points are added 2 weeks from date. not sure how long game will last. please share details if you have any

https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I did the Sobey's promo for buy $20+ UK cheese and get a free Walker shortbread & Twinings Leon & Ginger tea. At least at Sobey;s the shortbread was about $4.50 and the Twinings was about $5.25. The 3 cheeses I tried are all delicious--I will definitely watch for them on sale--the Walkers was the best shortbread I've tasted, and I have yet to try the Twinings...but I expect to really like it. I will probably drop by Foodland tomorrow because it is offering the same deal as Sobey's did, and I could easily go around one more time.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    game to get pc points... points are added 2 weeks from date. not sure how long game will last. please share details if you have any

https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/
    I won 500 pts...right off the bat. Looks like once a day play though i tried to play again it wouldn’t let me so make it count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Mon, May 13th, 2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

depending on how long it lasts 500 per day could add up. eitehr way . easy points.

we are waiting back from the drive way company... and i think we are going ahead with the driveway this year. I will need to save my side job money if we want to replace the doors forthe house. but that is doable. the fall should be pretty thrifty... the summer. .. well i am changing a few plans... and making it work.

hubby is now on meds for acid reflux. and diet changes are being made. i am not sure if he is pleased... but the hospital visit scared him alot. so... i am currently not getting any push back .

i am hoping the sun will come out... and i will take the kids to the park.
    if everyone is done when they should be.. i will take the dogs out.. and work on the yard more. it is going to take most of the summer i think to get it where i want. sigh. but it will be a work in progress.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I was in my underground parkade the floor to it is slippery cement. I was wearing flip flops I remember seeing a man hole cover wet and telling myself to Go around it then next thing I know my head hurts and I am laying on the cement now. I was down there with other couple tenants. Ambulance is called they put me on my feet and make me walk to the ambulance. I am dizzy, have vision problems, a massive headache and now tired. I am at the hospital they put me in RAZ (Rapid Access Zone). My right foot is now purple and cold. I am sent for X-rays of ankle and elbow. I come back not even mere minutes later the doctor sees me and gives me the news nothing is broken but I sprained my right ankle from the suppose fall and have a mild concussion. I feel like all i want to do is sleep but everything and I mean everything on my right side of the body is aching in pain. I had very little sleep and feel like crap this morning. I took ibuprofen this morning 1200mg and it hasn’t done a thing. There is a scratch/dried blood mark looks like on my right outside ankle bone. My right hip is starting to bruise and makes uncomfortable to lay or sleep on my back. The leg is very cold from the ankle to the knee. My shoulder feels like an elephant sat on it.

I am suppose to be going somewhere today to an energy healer. But I cannot think straight, I cannot focus I just want this vice grip headache to go away. I am light sensitive now so it’s like migraine but different. I feel like puking but nothing has happened.

They should have done a CT scan to check my head. They released me from the hospital and told me to walk home. So I phoned my building and asked with please could they pick me up. And because I said please they said they would. I thought that’s the least they could do because I it was in the buildings slippery underground parkade.

It’s raining outside...we went from +30C muggy hot to 15C and rain. Muggy hot is unbearable I don’t sweat because of a psych med I take so it makes life difficulties the summer.

I have to meet someone downstairs to talk about my internet password. I changed it because someone who likes her drugs more than her friends. I was sick of being called nasty names being lied to and most of all being taken for granted she did pay me for it. But I am not in the mood to pretend anymore. If because she only thought of herself then, I am thinking of myself as well what is good for me is good for the hive. I want people who care about me and care to be my friends not to call me names when it suits them when they are either high or drunk. Consequences are high thinking one must do before setting off pretending that everything is okay when their sober. I got a text message from them today asking why their internet is no more it’s been 2 1/2 days and counting without signal. I am not giving in i am not in the mood for a fight. I don’t do well with this stuff. But all they care about is getting money for their habit. They sold the password to 5 people on my floor and they told me oh so and so gave it to them. Where as these people told someone else that they had given it to them for exchange of money. Middle man my signal that’s not polite.

Anyway I guess I need to get dressed to go downstairs I think I will put on shoes and pants.

barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh no!! hope you feel better!! bad sprains are not good. take care of yourself.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentiresfme -hope you are taking it easy so sorry to hear about your fall

Well off I went this morning got $31.25 for my daughter from once upon a child ,then popped into talize got a sleep t-shirt for 3.99-50%=2.00 like new
    then returned a few items to old navy for daughter-in-law and popped into zarky's then home -a head of lettuce was 1.49 at zarky's I found the grocery stores a lot more last week 2.49-2.99 never mind the price of celery (I still am not buying it)

I cant wait til I am done these meds on Thursday ,as I wish to visit my brother in the hospital next week
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 14th, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Green 4tires -glad you got someone from the building to pick you up. The doctor is something else, to suggest you walk home-should you ever get another healthcare professional with that attitude, ask for their car or bus pass and see what s/he says.
    Maybe block the number of the person who sold your Internet password. That person will move on to someone else.
    You are right to want real friends, not persons who get what they want from you, then "forget" what you did for them.

Is there any possibility of getting a home care nurse to check on you daily? The cold leg bit is just one of many things to follow up on.

(((Hugs))) You've really too many challenges sent your way by the Universe lately. May there be a cooling centre or some other good thing for you this week.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Read the cookbook Cooking on a Bootstrap by Jack Monroe. Best for the 18+ plus bunch as there is some "sweary" phrasing here and there; also good for some humour if you want to laugh at night. Author has some meat, vegetarian and vegan recipes plus suggestions for pantry substitutions, or gluten-free tips.
    If you love mushrooms, there are several recipes using them. Author was vegan by the time she finished the book but had not started off that way when she began writing the book.
    She once had an opportunity to make fish cakes using sardines that were served to a hotel restaurant's diners who thought it was a menu item.

Best two things I took away from the book: 1) author is like Marie Kondo-food must spark joy for her or she won't eat it; 2: tea bourgnignon>author suggests using black tea (tannins) to substitute for red wine when one is abstaining from drink or cannot afford a bottle just to add a splash or two of wine to the beef bourgnignon (actually her recipe is a mushroom and tea version). Since my late father bought way too many boxes of black tea and they remain in the cupboard, I will now use the tea bags to make black tea as a wine substitute.

One of her chickpea recipes is called I Cannot Get Enough of This Five Minute Thing. There was a green ingredient too (kale or spinach-among the author's favourite frozen veg buys).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw yesterday that regular gas was $1.24/l at the full-service station. Waited until early afternoon today to get some gas for the portable can (used up one of the last two tanks of gas to cut grass in the drizzle this morning) and noticed the self-serve Esso price was $1.246 so I decided to get $7 worth and be done with it. Had done some grasscutting-think the plan will be to cut different lawn sections at 1-1/2 week intervals as I cannot physically cut all the grass on one day myself due to pain issues (yes, the pain has spread out from where the swelling was and my right mammary still feels like an orange half has been wedged under my skin and there's increasing strain). Sibling and Mom are still MIA in terms of helping out with lawncare despite my weekly comments about pain and the need for property tasks. So I'll pick and choose when to cut some grass and say no to the rest of it.

Someone has a woodchuck on their property and said critter has taken to eating grass on our property in the open lately. Kind of see that as a sign of what will happen when the survey work starts (no sign as yet) and the wildlife looks for any open area with trees and possible food.

Managed to get some of the food specials in the Shoppers flyer (actually read the flyer through today and told myself to get any remaining specials now and for the weekend, so I won't be short of anything) as well. Noticed the photo machine is back in use-hurrah! Intend to print a few prints tonight. Walmart's 4 machines-3 are gone with notices and the 4th one had a paper jam and a notice. One special showing on the Shoppers machine-35% off photo gifts until May 17 (not prints) so if you have a mug or book for someone to make, you might want to check out the offer on the screen or on the website. https://www.shoppersphoto.ca/

The Shoppers flyer is a 6-day one, so deals end on Thursday! Because of the long weekend...

Speaking of the long weekend--if you intend to visit garden centres this Sunday or Monday, find out the hours in advance. Walmart Ancaster garden centre will have 8am-4pm hours only for Sat-Monday. So don't assume all places will be open until 6pm on Monday.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    greentiresfme -hope you are taking it easy so sorry to hear about your fall

Well off I went this morning got $31.25 for my daughter from once upon a child ,then popped into talize got a sleep t-shirt for 3.99-50%=2.00 like new
    then returned a few items to old navy for daughter-in-law and popped into zarky's then home -a head of lettuce was 1.49 at zarky's I found the grocery stores a lot more last week 2.49-2.99 never mind the price of celery (I still am not buying it)

I cant wait til I am done these meds on Thursday ,as I wish to visit my brother in the hospital next week
    hope your brother feels better
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    lawn mower is fixed . hopefully lawn mowing can happen. my backyard is hysterically bad.

it is very nice and sunny out. plan is park and picnic. before that ... spotless the kitchen. and work on the one playroom.
    rain this afternoon. so that will be good for the gardens. and i hopefully will be able to finish off the bedroom.

i am trying to figure out where to shop for groceries this weekend. we are not going to need much, but will need fresh stuff. hmmm still looking at flyers.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I think I may do a SDM shop today because I think it will be worth it in the end with major PC pts coming my way Have to dig in my coupon bag and see if I can sweeten the deal .

I added $21 to my December stock up jar. This will help even more with my 2020 financial plan if I have the money ready to start the year off with a bang!

Tonight I will get at the laundry. I have a hamper ready to put away and tea towels in the dryer. I raked the front gardens before work this morning. I will do a bit now and again and get it all done.
    I have asked DS to empty the dishwasher and put the dry dishes on counter away. I cooked up a feast last night and they ate it all. (I pulled mystery packages out of freezer that turned out to be pork chops and boneless skinless chicken and a package of sausage.) I think I found a new way to cook up the sausage (its the ones I got for .99cents a package after sale and coupon) I sliced up the sausages and put in casserole dish and baked in the oven. I mixed in bbq sauce and put back in oven for last 10 mins. I hate sausage but it tasted really good! That was for the oldest kid. He ate it all.

Ok, lets get this work day over with so I can get stuff done at home!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m glad I don’t have to cut any lawns anymore my parents which is now only my mom. When I was younger we had a ride on lawn mower it was 1 1/2 acres of lawn since the house sat on the 1/2 an acre itself. It took me hours to cut the lawn. And filling it with premium gas was expensive. I mean it’s now more expensive for gas out here it’s been sitting between 161-165.9/Litre for the past two weeks. So 1.23$/litre isn’t that bad. My mom said she filled up and it cost her 100$ I said that’s not bad she drives a Toyota pathfinder, she flipped out on me. I thought to myself it could be worse, to me she drives a gas guzzling suv. It’s a freaking boat and I don’t know why she bought it. before she had a Mazada Van, and a Volvo station wagon before that. She has expensive tastes which she seems to buy vehicles that are uncomfortable to sit in and are difficult to park.

No one around seems to have money except I went to someone’s place and they had 200$ laying on their couch. But they have a habit and it’s an expensive habit.

This item I ordered from amazon came damaged last time well I saw it landed in Richmond yesterday. So I am thinking two days so possibly tomorrow I get it. I bought a 32GB micro SD card for $10 on amazon and it came on Monday, what a score...it’s Kensington.

I gave it to my friend I think she put it in her phone. I suggested a tablet but it’s hers she can do with it what she wants. She will pay me the money for it on pay day. She’s good about paying me money a little bit at a time.

Everyone is asking me about smokes. I don’t smoke so it’s little stupid to ask a non smoker if I have smokes. I do occasionally buy my smoker friends cigarettes. The cheapest i can get them is 11.60$ a pack next or pall mall or Johnny walkers. When I used to smoke I smoked accords I think. Or pall mall menthol. When your in the psych ward all you have to do is watch tv and smoke. I became I smoker there, which is so stupid. I liked the menthols because no one would bum a smoke then. I don’t miss smoking my lungs cannot handle smoking a cigarette. I didn’t mind weed it would open and relax your airways. But I cannot smoke weed anymore. I havent smoked a joint since legalization. Before that I was only smoking medical marijuana for 2 years. Edibles become legal this October 17. I liked my cbd honey I mix it in my tea. I wonder if they are going to have anything like that on the table?!?!?

Anyways I plan on going to no frills or Walmart and picking up some margarine I am all out. My mom yesterday bought me a chocolate cake and 4 flats of pure life water bottles. They were on sale at Walmart for 2.47$ and it’s about a 60 cents deposit per. The water in my town is saturated with lead. I mean that’s probably why there is a high diseases and physical disability children in wheelchairs here. My building is new but that doesn’t mean a thing when it’s brought to the building probably a high concentration of lead.

I am getting really annoyed because all night long and early morning the people above me are doing the nasty. And the bed scraps against the wall, banging, and the light above me rattles in its frame(it’s glass). I am not stupid I know that’s what they are doing like do it during the day I don’t mind but when I am trying to sleep knock it off. It’s a heavy metal framed bed I know I have one and it what the head board does to the wall behind, I have personal Knowledge.

I tried hamburger cheese pizza pops, guess what it tasted like cheese burger it was delicious. only problem now I shared the box with my friend Tracy so I am all out. I am craving pizza, simply because I have frozen pizza in my freezer I am thinking of making now I don’t care if it’s 6am it be delicious.

Last edited by greentires4me; Wed, May 15th, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information