User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like I figured out why I kept getting logged out of SC and I finally fixed it. I guess I’ll be posting here more often again.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Andit, it is so great to hear from you! Sorry for all your troubles and RIP Lily dog . I am so happy that your new doggie found her way into your life and heart.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, lilo - I got to the Fashion Outlets and also a Goodwill- I have to head back over to finish mailing my package. Think I will take in the Kohl's.

I got a London Fog winter jacket with a removable inner jacket for less than $13.

I'm on my way out for supper and a little more shopping.

Take care!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.. it should rain later today. rather overcast currently.

plan is to take teh kids to the park early, and let them run. back.. work on the room rearrange.

middle should be working on the family room... aka .. thier stuff... i am hoping it gets done soon.

thinking ham and perogies for supper. something simple.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Dont think I checked in here for a while. Was very busy with lots of family commitment.
    Hope you all are doing great.
    will catch up with everyone post later

For those who can PM Walmart with the Asian stores Bestco has Becel margarine on sale 1.36 KG for 2/$3.00. Not a very easy PM I did get to PM it but after manager approve it. Regular price at Walmart is $10.48

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! It's going to rain here too. So dark and gray!

Finished DS's laundry so he can pack it up today since he is going away for a bit. Tonight I will do a load of white towels.

Left the house with a clean kitchen. I took out boneless skinless chicken breasts to spice up and bake in oven. I think I will attempt to make a small pasta/ham/cheese bake for DS and see if he likes it. I have frozen peas for chicken fried rice that I will toss some in.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I scored big time today in the clearance section of shoppers drug mart...

I bought 8 of them they have a $1 off coupon of tampons that ends June 30, 2019.

I also bought several boxes of plastic cutlery 48 items per box for $1.64 regular 5.34. I found some probiotics that I can take for $5.64 regular $12.95. I made the first purchase with 20x the points offer on my offers. Then she forgot to add the Apple headset I needed for my phone so I had spend $40 and receive 10,000pts. It says I now have $40 to spend in points I wonder if they added my points from that game on there or something. Who knows right?

I share the points with someone else in my building I was saving them until I needed groceries then guess what I didn’t put to just save them they spent all my points I was fing livid then they didnt happen to tell me I had to find out on my own. I tried to take their cards off the system but it doesn’t allow it so I was even more choked. I think I threw a tantrum in front of everyone. I didn’t point fingers until I heard that person ing about their points being missing and not understanding why. Well heck I earn them and they spent them they know darn well we share. I made it so they just earn the points because the drama is horrid. So anyone use Tampax pearl I have a heck a lot of the boxes?

Anyways gotta go retrieve money from people who use my internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to sobeys today to return my cereal I just bought "honey nut cherrios" well I guess hubby cant eat it anymore as it causes cramps and upset belly and I don't like them ,so I donated 2 boxes to the food hamper I had at home

Off to giant tiger got 3 boxes of rice krispies 2.88 on sale plus a few other items spent $26
    Also went into the small goodwill store there (st.vincent's) and I got a Denver hays relaxed t-shirt navy blue for 3.00 and its pretty new looking ,so happy over that deal

Stopped at mcdonalds for a freecoffee for hubby as my card was filled and bought a cpn booklet for 3.00 good til august

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening All,
    Kind of frugal, we did not grocery shop this round of flyers. I was going to go tonight after work but just did not have shopping in me.

Not sure if my body is fighting something off (let's hope not as surgery is quickly approaching) or if it is just my body's reaction to everything going on but I am exhausted. Most nights I am in bed by 8 pm and when I wake up my first thought is how long until I can go back to bed. I am really hoping after surgery my sleep becomes more regular and also I am not so tired ALL the time.

Pretty sure work is not helping as things are getting more insane the closer I get to my surgery. More and more things are getting added to my to complete before surgery pile including the addition of meetings which can really throw your day off. I am hopeful I can get most done and just keep reminding everyone I am out for almost a week and that I am not committing to getting anything done in my time off until I see how I feel (and also how many pain meds I am on).

I will look at the upcoming No Frills flyer tonight and stop there on my way home tomorrow to grab a few things we need to get through the weekend. We will for sure have to shop next week but will see if there is a day we can both go as I feel next week's shop will be on the large side.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -Yes, I remember Pepsi Blue and its very short selling season! I had my first sample in downtown Toronto near or on Bloor St. and did not like the flavour. Today, I was eyeing the limited edition Pepsi flavours and noticed that Fortinos had no price cards in front of them, unlike the other Pepsi flavours with $3.99 sale signs. So despite wanting a Pepsi Stuff code, I did not buy a case as I want cane sugar pop (though I did buy Pepsi at Shoppers last week and two Diet Pepsis at Dollarama at $1 each for codes). Thanks for the Pepsi Berry review!

I did get the Mexican Coke or Coca de Mexico 4pk today at Fortinos ($5.49)-it's sibling's birthday but he declined to enjoy the pop as it's not made in Canada. I told him that Pepsi Throwback is not available this year...I forgot to check the cane sugar Pepsi 4pk packaging for indications of where its made. It was $4.99 on sale at Fortinos.

Yesterday, I was at Value Village looking for some things and in the end, I decided to snap up two $1.99 greeting card bundles, one had 4 large cards and the other an assortment of note cards/envelopes, perfect as my note cards are about gone! I tossed out the 6 cards with glitter because glitter keeps on coating things and I learned from my glitter Xmas cards in the past. Then popped into Walmart for the 97 cent CL flavoured tuna and got three cans. Since I had $3 in coins, I was happy to have 5 cents left! Before heading to the stores, I put in about an hour of time digging up dirt from the garden into my pail and filling in some of the most annoying lawn holes. Felt good but I need another hour to get more done tomorrow. Yes, there was pain so I listened when my chest said no more.

Today, decided to get some produce at Fortinos plus the pop, the sale Heinz ketchup (using 50 cent off coupon), and salad dressing. Then later in the day, went into Food Basics and picked up 3x $1.29 reduced produce items (happily a small bunch of celery was found) and a 99 cent Snickers bar. Could not find a store that carries the Jack Links Beef Steak Strip product-only the big bagged jerky or Shoppers carrying the Teriyaki snacks at front cash. Hmm, a mystery....I picked up more of the strip coupons (B1G1 free) at the Beer Store because I know this item will be great for hot weather/no cooking days! Walmart only carries the brand's pepperoni sticks at front cash areas.

Happily tonight, I found some magazine issues with recipes (baking!) that interest me. Really want to make some baked things.

I need to solve the early morning wakeups-today felt like I was a headbanger-had a side headache, my body ached and my period started. Went to bed around 6am and stayed in until 11am. Maybe more almond-coconut milk and some hemp seeds might help. Want my sleep cycle back on track or else...unhappy Ciel will growl more.

Have What Men Want DVD at home-plan to watch it soon. This calls for popcorn! Have a marvellous evening, SCers!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... I have more or less graduated from University now (Official ceremony is in June, but I have everything completed, just have to get that piece of paper that says I know stuff!)

I've been working for Uber Eats for the past few days (Managed to earn about $350 so far) and been applying to any job for now just to get some money coming in (Applied to about 20 so far). But I have had an interview with my NUMBER ONE PICK!!!.... Community Care of St.Catharines & Thorold! They are looking for Client Intake/Services for the summer, but hopefully it may lead to something more in the future... It is a guaranteed 35 hours per week at $16.00 per hour, so not too bad for a first job AND in something I will love doing. I had the interview today and I think it went well, I will hear back by Monday with a Yes or No. And I also have another interview on Monday with Canadian Tire, but I am hoping with everything that I get the job at Community Care!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m so tired I have my AC going I had to change into shorts after getting home from superstore it icky muggy outside apparently 25C felt like 29C today on what the forecast said. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment that i have to take a bus to, because I asked my one too many times.

I phoned mental health yesterday and left a voicemail with the overseeing manager. It’s been literally like 5-6 weeks since I heard anything.

I cannot believe I went shopping shopping with my mom dragging her everywhere in this heat. We were both over dressed. My sister comes down next week again to grab her bed and the rest of things from her room back up to Vernon I suppose.

On the news it says there is currently 31 wild fires of that number 26 were human caused here in B.C.

My friend left to Kelowna today. I feel sad but another friend came back from detox. I am happy to see them they detoxed off of alcohol.

I am going to sleep now I been awake since 5am. It’s now 9:11pm and my AC hasn’t even gone to start regulating yet as in the preferred temperature. It still says it’s 70F in my room it must been really hot in here when I turned it on my preferred temperature is 68F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Johnb56789- i am so happy for you!!!!!! fingers crossed you get your job!!!!
    Greentires4me- the mental health situation in Canada needs to be fixed. we pay out of pocket for my youngest. yes this is our choice. ,.... i am lucky that i was able to max my job the way i am.. and we "found" the money. we made cuts. big ones. but after waiting 8 months for a refferal ... and even then not getting personal attentin, getting group only..... we simply did it. not everyoneis as luck as we are.

ok Thursday. rain day, i am waiting for it to come. need to make my lists, gr ect.
    hubby is stopping on the way home... my butterflys are in..... so much fun !! the kids love to hatch them
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Darn it I forgot to move a few offers over from p.c offers one I had been saving for a few times now

Fun day for me hubby and I are having a date day -going to a winery in Niagara on the lake for lunch and a nice country drive ,need to start doing things for us or me (not always the grown kids and grandkids -lol)

Next week plan to go see my brother in hospital since I was on meds for 10 days in may ,then a cold (that's cleared up)and I still have a bit of cough ,I haven't seen him in a month ,so that's on the list for next week

Getting my haircut on Friday ,wanted to try and put it off til june but I have shoulder length and layers so it really needs cut ,just got my caddle check in so that covers my haircut -great timing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Darn it I forgot to move a few offers over from p.c offers one I had been saving for a few times now

Fun day for me hubby and I are having a date day -going to a winery in Niagara on the lake for lunch and a nice country drive ,need to start doing things for us or me (not always the grown kids and grandkids -lol)

Next week plan to go see my brother in hospital since I was on meds for 10 days in may ,then a cold (that's cleared up)and I still have a bit of cough ,I haven't seen him in a month ,so that's on the list for next week

Getting my haircut on Friday ,wanted to try and put it off til june but I have shoulder length and layers so it really needs cut ,just got my caddle check in so that covers my haircut -great timing
    Yes you do need to do more for yourself! Enjoy your fun day!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information