User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Lizzie thank you I am really working on trying to take care of me and I will admit I have been fighting a bit of anger with those who are trying to push me. I had someone say "well since you have 3 days off and will be stuck at home why don't you commit to completing this for us." I will admit this angered me as I am like this is my recovery but even on the flip side, if I had just taken 3 days off, this is my time off. The good news is it not management pushing me and I know they are behind me taking the recovery time I need.

Also I have been negotiating which my leadership coach suggested. So I have been working on counter offering, I cannot take this on as it is due well I am off for surgery but I will take on this because the due date is 2 weeks past surgery. So I am not, not helping with the projects but taking on the tasks that fit within my surgery schedule. I am also hoping to use some of these skills after surgery so I do not end up over loaded but instead keep my work load reasonable, a girl can dream.

Not much else going on, I worked from home as they needed my office today (a perk to sharing your office with the Boardroom) and I had online meetings so I needed a quiet place to work so figured home was my best option. As well I do find a get more done when I work from home as I find it easier to focus. There are not as many distractions when I work from home.

Tonight I need to write a grocery list and see what we need to buy next week. Most people have told me within about a week of surgery I should be eating normally but there seems to be some differing information on what I can eat right after surgery. Some have said liquids only, some have said soft foods. Really wish they had of given me some post op instructions not just pre op. I would like to get what I need pre surgery so I don't have to worry post surgery.

Hope everyone has a great night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well hubby and i rode off to niagara on the lake at noon ,he got a bit lost even with GPS-lol but we had a lovely late lunch 2.30 at caroline wine cellor ,very resonably priced 30.00 for the both of us not including tip which i put on table and we bought 2 bottles of their cherry wine 12.50 each ,so yummy

Daughter is coming in at 1.00 p.m with Sebastian on sat as her hubby went fishing with a few friends,his brothers and his dad

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Yet another rainy day here. I had hoped to take some garbage and recycling out but will wait for the rain to stop and hopefully things to dry up a little as our sidewalks are currently flooded.

Mom needed something to take for dinner tonight and I have noticed with my Gallbladder issues I find by dinner time I am so tired it is hard to cook. So this morning I went ahead and made tonight's dinner. I made marinated veggies with Chicken Chunks which will be served over Rice. We had leftover Rice in the fridge to use up, as well as Zucchini, Peppers and a Portobello Mushroom that needed to be used up. To add more to the dish so we would have leftovers I also added some Asparagus and Button Mushrooms.

I currently have laundry going, now I need to empty the dishwasher and reload. The kitchen was clean until I made dinner, there are also a few dishes I will need to wash by hand. I am pretty sure that will be me for the day. I had another rough night last night, I seem be stuck in the constant nightly attacks. As much as after surgery scares me, I am at a point I am ready for surgery and to get back to a normal life were I do not have to worry about ever meal I eat and can hopefully sleep though a night without waking up in pain.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    went to the mall, used a gc, got my phone screen protector fixed, and did something for me.
    my wedding ring does not fit. so i got it resized. personaly a tad expensive. but honestly... totally worth it .
    then went to costco ... did shop. replaced my dogs bed. sigh. bought one of their chicken stuffed wth feta and spinach. really wanted one of the stuffed salmons... but the price was nutso .

came home refillled my veggie tray so that is good for a few days.

plan is housework. so much to get done.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Well, this is my second weekend of yardsaling...and it was nowhere near as profitable as the first one. Nowhere near. For one thing, the morning was full of thunder and downpours, which made about 1/2 the yard sales self-cancel. The first one we went to was a large indoor assembly of several sellers, however. It was OK. We got a new desk fan for $3, which we were prepared to buy for about $23 (with taxes) and a nice long throw rug to replace an unnice one in our foyer for $2. The next yard sale: I bought two Pyrex baking dishes for .25 each. DH bought a new stake and 8 ft length of cabled chain for our dog. We let her run free on our farm whenever the other dog is not out, but we chain her when he is because they run all over the county together. We don't want to be bad neighbors. DH paid $4.50 for the stake and chain. He paid about $25 for an identical set last fall. The other sales we had expected to visit were canceled. So...a light weekend. Last week spoiled me.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This morning's weather-I felt like a biological pressure sponge being manipulated by unseen hands. And instead of my head pain radiating from the side of my right cheekbone (like earlier in the week for two mornings), today's headache pain was narrowly focussed on my right temple). After getting the third wash load into the machine, I went back into bed to try to lose some of the pain. Then the air in the house got so humid. I even ate a package of seaweed snacks in case the magnesium managed to kick some pain around.

Contributed 50 cents in containers to the Beer Store bottle drive today. Glad I have been giving some cash (from can walks) during the week so I did not have to wait for today only to contribute. There actually was a beer can floating in the water on the street during the rains, so I made sure it got contributed. Then went to Shoppers for two limited edition Pepsi bottles (mango one actually is pleasant, Pepsi with a peach syrup or sweet ripe mango flavour followed by a tart mango note--or like having a Mambo fruit chew; berry one has a plaeasnt and definite raspberry/blackberry note, so not quite as sweet Kool-Aid tasting like Pepsi Blue from the 90s).

Sky has darkened again after 3pm. Think late lunch will involved a smoothie or random cold veggies (celery, carrots and whatever else is in the crisper, maybe some apple) with salad dressing-am appreciating getting groceries a couple of days ago. Will not seek Internet tomorrow-body is taking long walks personally and making recovery a longer process. Sometimes it feels like I have inflicted splints on my forearms or legs (thanks, hormonal drops) or I feel the heated oil sensation in the two spots where it seemed I was sitting on pencil erasers. 50 is just peachy...

Reading finds yesterday-June issue of Martha Stewart Living and May issue of Food Network (someone had removed the 50 dips booklet-not nice). There is a jicama/mango/cuke salad on a page that will go into my recipe notebooks to try later. Also have some issues of The Economist to read--usually find some topics that explain headlines in the newspapers or list some books to chase at the library.

As monument (headstone) research has become topical at home, I spent some time exploring websites for Hamilton-area businesses. They must all have the same machines as their galleries show some custom work and also different ethnic/cultural monuments. We'll be discussing budget and reviewing the City cemetery rules-the cemetery manager has to approve designs, so plot-holders are advised to not to finalize purchases before getting permission. There was a handout included with my parents' plot purchase and I have it out on the table for everyone to read. Mom and sibling were intending to go around today to check out monuments but seems a step too early without discussing styles and stones and lettering/content first at home.

Oooh, Ms. Sunshine just popped out warily in the sky just now. Wish I could visit the Len's Mill fashion fabric outlet and do Doors Open Toronto but body says no. To those of you out in Toronto and visiting Doors Open, have fun!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spent an hour at night trying to figure where it'd be best trying to chase at least 13 Air Miles from Sobeys or Metro so I can get my 95 points to redeem for an HBC $10 e-gift certificate. I probably will go to Sobeys for the 40 bonus AM from General Mills for buying 6 items. That way, I can try using those $1 off YOP protein or smoothie drink coupons too.

Metro has given me a bonus 10AM wus $10 or more offer but I'd have to use my bus fare if I want it today. Just not keen to ride a bus on a humid day. The other attractive bonus AM offer there is for 25 bonus AM wub 2 Coke pop or non-pop cases. Plus I have never found the Metro insulated tote with the flap over the zipper at the Upper James store. I want that souvenir of the store.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -found this Mayo Clinic link related to eating after surgery:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/faq-20057813
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

our power just flickered... storm number 2 coming in....
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    We have had a few small storms roll through but nothing to serious, mostly just a steady stream of rain.

I am happy with what I accomplished today. Laundry is almost done, just 1 more load to fold. I emptied the Dishwasher and reloaded. I also did the hand dishes including a bin of dishes that was put in the Dinning Room. This kind of annoys me, Mom always complains we do not have enough counter space so if there are dishes and she doesn't want to wash them she will put them in a bin the dinning room. Issue is out of sight out of mind. Had it not of been for the fact I emptied the dishwasher and had to put the plates away in the dinning room I would have forgotten they were there.

Now I am done for the day (except for that 1 load I need to fold). Think I might treat myself to some fresh fruit and Ice Cream and then binge some Netflix.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sounds good. what is good on netflix....
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Another long day of lacrosse so I am snuggled in bed because we start early on Sunday. Had a great bbq with my mom and brother and his family tonight. The rain cleared by dinner and it’s crazy how much warmer London was compared to home today so I did not even mind being here for lacrosse. At least we have sun and warm.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilio it ws hot in this area last night.

ok. sunday. i have some people coming to hopefully take apart the side deck.. in prep for driveway stuff. so i am staying home...
    Hubby is taking my mom to costco . i will be doing a mountian of housework while waiting for them . so much to get done. but that is ok. i will be starting with laundry.. and the dc rooms....

i need to sit down and do some banking as well. should be easy. but needs to be done.

ok.. dc rooms
    kitchen - should be fast.
    hallway - vacume..
    family room....
    master bedroom....

mountian of laundry... and put away said mountain.....

oy. a friend refers to housework as house slave stuff... i can see why...
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Good morning Smart Canuckers!

There is a coupon Swap Meet coming up at my church next Saturday. I would like to post the event to this website but I don't know how. Does it go under the events tab?

I look forward to hearing from somebody soon about this event
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I am glad it is not management pushing you to take on extra work-and for the rest of the folks a polite "no thank you" should suffice. You owe them no reason-as you say weekends and time off for any reason are your time. If you have been doing more than your fair share for a long time it will take other people time to adjust-but adjust they will.

All the best with your surgery-it sounds like you are well prepared. I once had a very wise friend who told me she worked to live rather than living to work-very sage advice for me at that time. All the other hospital managers were knocking themselves out -I worked really hard each day but when I left at 4:30 that was my family time- free of replying to work emails etc. There was also always a manager on call to deal with urgent situations. I knew there would still be work for the next morning but felt I would be better refreshed to tackle it.

Spur of the moment, hubs and I just quickly planted some potatoes and carrots. We are away for a lot of the summer so hopefully they will just grow on their own. Anyway, if not-no big deal. Now off for a bike ride as it is not pouring like yesterday.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, May 26th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information