User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: May 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (throw an extra portion on the bbq)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well we had a great day with seeing all 3 grandkids yesterday Sebastian was happy to play with the girls ,my son has a bouncy castle so he blew that up,then at 5.30 the grown kids all decided on 5 guys so we all paid our for our own meals and brought it back to my house then the downpour and wind my goodness branches everywhere

My daughter and Sebastian and I went to a 3 garage sales on my street this morning I bought 2 plastic trucks 1.00 and Thomas the train and small push pull thomas the train 1.00 for both train ,so I spent 2.00 on Sebastian awesome deals

My daughter just left at noon to go to an open house in Toronto ,yes they are looking to buy and get out of their one bedroom condo

Just doing laundry and chilling on the back patio

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the people who came to take the side deck just left. Hubby gave them the ladder we hd stored under it. I cleaned up as best as i could it actually doesnt look to bad......

i need to work on some more laundry.. but i am taking it easy for a bit... my back is killingme.

ok.. stillto do tonight... fold and put away aundry, wash more.. have blankets ready for line tomoorow... make supper. vacume dc rooms..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I feel like I crammed a weekend into the past 7 hours, but I managed to get a load of laundry on the line, I did 4 loads and one will go on the line Monday and two went into the dryer. A quick trip to Costco to get some plants and one garden planted. The other will have to wait as this week is busy again.
    Need to paint the boys rooms so they can move back into them. I have requested Thursday and Friday as vacation. I can’t wait, will get a load of house jobs done. Older son was home for the weekend so he took steak out for dinner and did the dinner prep. I am so grateful this kids likes cooking.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Yesterday was so nice here. We spent most of the day outside. Didn't get much house work done but hope to power thru it tonight.

I had taken out BLSL chicken to cook last night but was invited for dinner else where so I have that in the slow cooker today. I will slice it up and make pitas/wraps with it for DS for his lunch the next few days and quesidias for dinner tomorrow night.

Tomorrow is garbage day and I plan to move some junk from the basement to the bins since we don't have much to put out this week. I have so many shelving units that I want to clean off and use to organize.

Groceries- I went to Food Basics Saturday morning to pick up a few things. They had a display with Extra lean ground chicken on for $1.49 Reg. $4.99. I thought great deal so I grabbed 3. They rang up at $4.99 so I got one for free . I went straight home and used 2 to make 10 chicken burgers and cooked them up right away. (I added onion and peppers etc to them) and decided to just make it and put cheese /lettuce on it and give to DS and see what he said. Well he gave me a thumbs up and said they were really good. I had one and it was really good! He ate the rest yesterday (2 patties left that I will freeze and pull out one night when he needs a quick bite before work).

The plan this week: House work. Laundry. Meal prep/plan. ( no meals out)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. !! what a nice day. went to the park . so fun .. 2 hours. so nice.
    quick lunch on the front porch withthe kdis. and we are back on track.. spent a extra half hour at the park. totally worth it.

youngest has a dr appointment tonight. i am hoping everyone is on time.. and iwill pull the bricks at the side of the house. someone w ill come and pick them up .
    3 loads of laundry out....
    a chicken is going in the oven this afternoon. so that will be nice.

tonight is folding laundry.
    i am hoping my coupon trade comes today. with rain forecast for tomorrow... i may have time tomoorrow night to do some coupon sorting.....
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I received portion of an amazon order I made last week there both red not my favourite colour but it stands out. I got a splitter for my iphone it charges while I can answer my phone and listen to music. I am over joyed that it works I have hit and miss with stuff like that even Apple them selves sending me faulty cords. Then I got me some (2) anker micro USB braided 6ft cords also red.
    Comes with its own tie to keep it together when not in use. I have other anker cords for my tablet/Bluetooth speaker in my house.

Mail must have come early today around 9:30-10am.

As usual Monday’s are non existent I do want to go to the grocery store to cruise the store shelves on Friday I had a friend follow me around the store on her scooter. She criticized me it was annoying I didn’t get to do a full shop at all. Because she was there distracting me.

Hopefully it’s not that hot outside. Laters peeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since I didn't cook dinner last night or prep I had no lunch today. So I was good and went home and made 2 eggs and toasted an English muffin. I brought blueberries back to the office for later this afternoon. I also washed up the sink full of dishes and they are drying on the counter. Then I will be able to wash the crock pot as soon as I get home and the kitchen will be tidy

On Saturday morning I was invited for breakfast so I offered to pick up coffee for us. I took a different street to get where I was going and noticed a kitchen cart on the curb (cutting board top with wire baskets etc. It was pouring rain so I just looked at it quick and it looked ok so popped it in the back of the SUV. Had DS bring it in house after work and it is perfect! Top bin is housing our bread products so far!

I went to a few garage sales last weekend since I was up early. Spent $3 total on a spatula (brand new) hot air popcorn popper (brand new as well) and a picture for my bedroom. I have used the popcorn popper many times and it works great!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 27th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Perfect day to do yard work and dry laundry (did both)! Actually had some garden soil turned over. Plan is to be done before Friday and sow seeds on Friday. Cannot believe June is 5 days away.

Did a shop at Walmart for a few items and treated myself to a cola at Dollar Tree (Coke products only so no Pepsi Stuff bottles). Checked to see if Walmart carries those Jack Links Beef Steak Strips-no. Only the bagged Jerky products are on the snack shelf opposite the beer shelves. Question: are the steak strips only sold in convenience stores? If yes, which ones: Circle K, Avondale, Mac's/Couche Tard? I actually like my sample and want more.

Stopped in at the Dollarama store for a Pepsi regular and a Diet Pepsi with the contest banners (am striking out on finding a store with Pepsi Zero-will visit Fortino's to see if it might be amongst the $2.55 offerings). Found a DVD of A Star is Born so I can see what the movie is all about (I've read so many reviews and articles...).

E-mail in my inbox-Value Village will have 50% off books/magazines on Tuesday/Wednesday for Super Savers.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Joy of chatting with people on my street-I saw a scaled down spade and asked where it's from. Canadian Tire! I want one as using the full-sized one with long handle is tiring in the garden. Keen on getting smaller, lighter tools when I can. Will have to add the tool to my Pinterest board (that is an occasional thing for me in 2019).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not posting to much (nothing exciting) but I am still lurking on this thread so no worries
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I really hope the messages isssues and trades will be resolve soon because I want to make trades,I so need coupons….Need news coupons ,need to writhe to compagnies….
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I really hope the messages isssues and trades will be resolve soon because I want to make trades,I so need coupons….Need news coupons ,need to writhe to compagnies….
    @cath007 I know what you mean I am.loosing out on lots of trades . I did manage to get 1 done today
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s currently 8:15pm and it’s 25C outside. I have a fan circulating my AC and I turned it down to 66F from its temperature of 69F. I want it cold.

I cannot believe I listened to the garbage my next door neighbour talked about shutting it off a night not to wake up her neighbours because it is noisy. She just got one but thinks this heat is nothing compared to what temperature it actually gets to on a normal day which is possibly like 42C outside and like 50C inside because our windows don’t open enough for the air flow. I hope she roasts with her nonsense statement.

I am starting to feel a difference already.

I went to no frills and bought a pizza with 6 cheeses on it which includes blue cheese which I didn’t want until I read it all when I got home but $3 is a good price.

I got a box of baby wipes they were on sale for $2. Pc Cesar dressing $1.88
    Stouffers 2x $2=$4
    V8 cocktail 2x $2=4.60$ includes deposit
    No name Parmesan = $6
    Pasta sauce 2x $1.27 =2.54
    Parmesan no name =800pts
    $24.25 after taxes I used $20 in points and paid 4.25$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

coupon wise... i am hoping to organaze myself a bit better..... once i do , i will start some trades. if anyone is looking for something in particular... message me .. i may have it... i know i hace some of the palmolive coupons, those seem to be popular.

ok. today. rain day. middle is not going to my moms to help her. oldest is home. not sure about supper .. leaning towards salsbuy steak and noodles. easy . huge salad with it for me.

i have a lacing activity set up for the kids. and will declutter 2 small areas of the playroom... 1 will take 5 min, one will take a few min longer. but not to long,

garbage and recyles out tonight.. that will help declutter the side alot!!!

i am feeling like my house is so cluttery... and just needs... time and effort... ugh hate that feeling.

all in all, it will be good to have a rain day. get things done. kids will like it .
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Rainy day here too. Brought all my food so I will work through my lunch so I can be home early to feed and get DS off to work. His pants are in the dryer and I hung his shirt up to dry so he will be all spiffy clean Happy to have that chicken cooked and ready in the fridge to whip him up dinner. The breasts cooked better then I was expecting in the slow cooker. Will do so again when I just need the chicken for wraps etc.
    I will take out a bag of wings tonight and throw them in the slow cooker in the morning. Then when I get home I will make a salad and put fries in the oven and sauce up the wings and put them in the oven too. That should take care of my boys for a day and a half at least I hope. And use up the wings.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information