User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do You Wash Your Hair Daily?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

pretty much the title..

just got out of the shower and kinda had a realization..i use alot of shampoo.my hair is chin length,and hubby has..well...no hair...he shaves it off...but yeah...i use alot...

my mom goes to costco once every 5 months and gets me shampoo in the huge pump bottle..salon grade...and it last me about 3 months..i put about a palm sized dollop on my hand..am i using too much?

some of my friends only wash their hair every 3 out of 7 days..ewww is what i think but i heard the oils actually can make your hair healthier and strong,i heard washing it daily isnt good for your scalp...

how often do you wash your hair?
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    improperganda likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i have super frizzy bad split end hair too so i use hello hydration

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Palm size? Like literally the size of your palm? If so, that's a lot lol. My hair is down past my bra strap and I use half a palm for first shampoo then half that for the second. Your shampoo might not lather as well as mine so that could be why you need to use more.

I dont wash my hair every day. If I do, it dries up. Max three times a week for me, like your friends. There's nothing "ewww" about it. I still shower, I just skip the shampoo.

We all have different hair. Some can wash everyday and others can't. You have to do what's right for you. Since I have long hair, I can wear it down one day, half up the next and ponytail the day after. You have short hair so it limits a bit what you can do so that's probably a part of the reason why you wash it everyday.
    Last edited by slayer_glade; Sat, Jan 14th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wash my hair, once a week... sometimes twice.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I wash mine 2-3 times a week.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

everyones hair is different. some are good washing every day others 1-2/3x a week.
    personally i wash every day. i use maybe 3-5 squirts of tresemme. I just 'wash' my hair then condition my scalp. then let it 'soak' in my towel once im out. then i blow dry on low (only in the winter) for a few minutes.. in the summer its all on its own.
    my hair is always soft and silky.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have curly long hair & if I don't wash it daily it looks crazay. Sometimes on the weekends I skip a day & just tie it back.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm a daily hair washer too. My hair is down to my shoulders, and is fine but I have lots of it. If I don't wash it daily, it gets greasy and gross.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have very coarse, thick, curly hair dont to mid back. I get it wet every day and use TONS on very thick conditionner every day, like 15 pumps or so. But I wash it with sahmpoo only once a week. Also, after I rince it, I add about a tablespoon of conditioner and leave it in. Works for me...
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I actually used to watch my hair every 5 days out of the week.. why? Because my hair is thick, curly and long. When I wash my hair everyday, I dry out my scalp and prevent natural oils from going through my hair. Those oils are what protect my hair from split ends and keep my curls looking gorgeous... nothing "eww" about that. People have different hair and different needs.

Hubby on the other hand has to wash his hair every other day.. his hair gets oily fast.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I think I am on day 3 of not washing my hair today and it is perfect LOL. Not greasy, manageable, and just looks nice.

If I were to wash my hair everyday or every other day it would be SO dry and would look awful. A little "grease" as they say is what makes my hair look nice.

But as for amount of shampoo I use, probably half a palm size. A whole palm of shampoo is a lot. I don't think there is any reason to be using that much.

I'd say tomorrow try out less and you will see that you don't actually need as much as you are using right now

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I use too much shampoo as well.I wash my hair every two days but by then its always so greasy. but I didn't think wshing it everyday was a good idea. Probably washing it everyday with a little bit of shampoo is good?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would use a quarter-sized on my palm shampoo and I wash it as needed. I found the one I brought are better than the ones sb brought like Nature's Gate I use Pantene, it is a great shampoo for winter (bc it's cream-based) than Herbal Essences which is a gel-based shampoo (which I learned from Dr. Oz from TV)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wash my hair every other day, and I use about a toonie-sized amount of shampoo (depends on the shampoo).
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have fine shoulder-length hair. If I don't wash it every day it feels greasy and I feel so dirty I can't concentrate on anything else. I don't think it's gross if other people don't have to wash theirs everyday though. They just have different hair than mine. I use about a tsp of shampoo and a little less conditioner.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information