User Tag List

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Never saw the color of my bowdarious juicy couture perfume sample….extremely deceived…
    My La Senza underward parcel should come tomorrow-will see-
    I am setting a list of goals to accomplish and they are much needed.
    1-Clean the laundry basket
    2- Clean the cupboards and the counters
    3-Clean dad car
    4-Settiing questions for my next appointement at walk in clinic the july 3
    5-Do some cleaning and purging in the spare room
    6-Clean the balcony floor
    7-Put my coupons in order ,eliminated the old expired ones
    8-Finish to clean the fridge for the new one to come between 19-26 june
    9-Order some compagnies coupons

Alright have a great evening everyone!!!!
    I think that is what it is on my mind at the moment
    5-
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Working at home for the next two days as the boys start exams. I like to be here to make their lives a bit easier. Pancakes for breakfast is a tradition on their 1st day. The other days I just have a late start so I know they are on their way. DS1 graduates next Tuesday, I am glad this chapter is done for him. He made great friends and they have all stayed in touch once they left home. But high school was not his passion.
    Our Anniversary was lovely. Lots of well wishes it was only today we realized this is a silver anniversary. That just always seemed like you were married forever when I was a kid. If you like theatre I highly recommend Come from Away. It was amazing. You will be proud to be Canadian.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just continued on laundry. Folded the dry stuff. Kitchen is spotless. Pineapples cut. Containers in fridge ready to eat and a few bags in freezer for smoothies.
    2 loaves of bread put in freezer so they dont get mouldy. Will make sure to use up before i buy more. Had eggs and rye toast for dinner. Then a bowl of fresh fruit cut up. The peaches are so good!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I won a free small slush on the couche tard contest rock paper cisor happy!!!
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Cloudy and rainy so a perfect day for some cleaning and purging!!! No attractive pc offers this week...I am deceived Wishing everyone an awesome day!!!
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a small shop at Walmart and previewed the clothing section (one navy jacket I like remains at $35 but I have a longer version from Winners). Still no Live Better magazine in-store and every staffer I've ever asked does not know about the item nor delivery date.

Managed to get the two YOP smoothies for the Food Basics flyer price of 99 cents each, but the shelf pricing cards were still showing regular prices of $1.79 (the regular YOP drinkable yogurts had the 99 cents shelf pricing cards). I checked with cashier if the regular prices applied and they scanned at 99 cents. Used my coupon. $1.24 total for two (bought one mixed berry and one mango).

Then off to Fortinos for a flyer item, reduced price bread and no success in finding a particular apple variety. Went home and I found out I could have substituted another cooking apple kind, so I'll get apples on the way home.

Light drizzle in Ancaster. Seems that I have lots of green things (some lettuces, pea plants (will need to remove floating cover) but mostly weeds) in the garden--the alyssum plants are about one inch high so I'm expecting a carpet of colour next month or by early August. Most other herb and veg seeds don't seem to be sprouting (mix of seeds bought this year as well as prior years). Seeds could be miffed that I did not water daily--to be continued. Hoping for a heavier rain of 10min duration just to drench the garden well.

Saw all the electronics in the new Shoppers flyer and will look up ports and cameras on tablets and phones. Tablet won't be a laptop but for portability, a cameraphone with wi-fi capability and inexpensive too will suit immediate needs. Sibling's Cool Pix camera won't charge and we are 9 months after last use of said device. I'd like to take some summer photos without having to use an old 35mm point and shoot camera. There's a Fuji disposable camera stashed in a box somewhere-last resort for picture taking if I can get the film to advance. Also, there have been occasions concerning products and receipts where a camera would be really handy or I've been daytripping somewhere and saw a building or garden that was inspirational but I only have memories to remind me.

Tomorrow's plan is to visit Mapleview Mall and expect that Mom will find a garment or two on sales racks. Else I will be tasked with altering an existing skirt hem with a flounce that will complicate matters using my sewing machine's inferior serging feature. Yes, I already jotted down two accessory feet I'd like for my machine, as it will be four years old next month and I have not added any bells and whistles to it (nor had a service visit but I try to keep on top of dusting and oiling).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi guys!!

been a busy few days. i had my over night kids for 2 days. i have them again on friday. so that will help the budget alot.

youngest bought a car. omg. hubby took care of most of it.. it will be home soon.

we still have not heard from teh driveway company... i am getting peeved.

weather is overcast today, so it is playroom cleaning day... nope kids are not impressed. but we are takingloads of fun breaks.

yesterday atthe park... my feelings got a bit.. hurt? not sure if that is the right way phrase it. how about.... i have no patience for people who are my very very best friend ( on fb..) when they need something ( childcare.......) .. but hey... in public pretend they dont know me. ... seriously.. fun times. next time i wont be so quick to offer help. ... avctually i will just not offer any help.. .. prob over sensitve..

ok today... housework. relax time with hubby . we have a few things to figure out.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Working at home for the next two days as the boys start exams. I like to be here to make their lives a bit easier. Pancakes for breakfast is a tradition on their 1st day. The other days I just have a late start so I know they are on their way. DS1 graduates next Tuesday, I am glad this chapter is done for him. He made great friends and they have all stayed in touch once they left home. But high school was not his passion.
    Our Anniversary was lovely. Lots of well wishes it was only today we realized this is a silver anniversary. That just always seemed like you were married forever when I was a kid. If you like theatre I highly recommend Come from Away. It was amazing. You will be proud to be Canadian.
    Silver anniversary is impressive, congratulations! And thank you for the recommendation re Come from Away.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update:my la senza order came in
    Fridge will be delivered on june 28!!!
    I went to hair dresser and decided to shave my hairs and donate them to the leucan for the cancer.
    Now I am exausted but happy lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did running around this morning. DS's banking. No frills bought $22 in the .88lb chicken received bonus PC pts and stocked for chicken fried rice etc.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a return to make to lowes today and got canadian tire gas cheaper today only save 5 cents a litre paid 1.08 a litre and it came to 22.99 nope hubby used his Canadian tire gift card

then bought 2 harveys shakes on the way home 4.20-as they are on sale for 2 .00 all summer long got my 1 scene point-lol
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have doctors today hopefully he is on time because last week my appointment was 1:20 and I didn’t get to see him till 1:50 and I left there around 2:15 just in Time to catch the 2:20 bus.

I don’t need a slushie, I have jumbo freezies in my freezer. Or ice cream cones.

I did it I asked MH for my health care worker back and I want a ride to my doctors office. I started to cry on the phone on his voicemail because I never like asking for things like this because I am afraid of “no”. I already got the “no” answer from my mother. People always say patience is a virtue truly I don’t have patience truly I wait in fear.

I chopped up 3 heads
    Of lettuce and put a damp paper towel on top in each bag. I got 2 bananas, 2 tomatoes, 2 oranges and 2 apples and 2 cucumbers. If I had more room in my fridge I go downstairs and get more heads of Romaine lettuce. This is all free we get it a week before pay day usually.

I am selling a tube of poligrip for $5. I usually buy fixodent in 2s at Walmart but I guess this is all I have. I usually sell it for $5 a tube. To all friends with false teeth. Yesterday i sold a bag of cheap dollar store lighters the whole bag of 10 lighters for $5.

Anyway going to check the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

Haven't popped by here to post in a while because we are not shopping beyond bare essentials. Husband is just too wiped out after a day at work to cook, so we try to choose relatively healthy and less expensive takeout options. We do cook on weekends, though.

I am doing okay - had a bum ankle for a while which really slowed my progress down, but I am back walking more metres at time to rebuild my endurance. There was a problem with ligaments in my right ankle, which a fabulous physiotherapist has set right.
    My knees are just coming back into pain, the cortisone shots are wearing off. I see my rheumatologist next week, so hopefully she will do them then.

Hope you are all doing well!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    It feels like it has taken me all week to post. I went back to work on Monday and although I am feeling good just going to work pretty much does me in. By the time I get home I am so tired. I had to laugh (or I might have cried lol), Monday I texted Mom as she was working and said "I am done, all I accomplished tonight was a 30 minute nap on the couch, I then tried to empty the dishwasher but after about 10 items I was done, so I am going to bed."

I really really wanted to find a day to work as I have had some discomfort, not pain and am feeling quite tired all of the time but my week quickly filled up so I have had to be in the office every day. I think a big part of my discomfort is that I am getting the feeling back in my lower stomach, it no longer feels numb.

A little frustrated, Mom hurt her knee at work and after talking to her manager they decided she would take 3 days off work. Mom actually had hours this week and then gave up half of them. She keeps acting like everything is fine and she will find another job but I am stressing. She says she has applied to a number of jobs but so far nothing. I am super worried about money at this point.

On that note we need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I wanted to go tonight after work but after looking at what we need realized I cannot go alone, as I am still restricted on lifting. I am really torn, do we go and get what we need or do I already clamp down on the budget now as we do not know how long this will last. Sadly due to my health my stockpile is not where I would it to be, normally we would be able to last a few months off the stockpile with just some fresh stuff tossed in. But with the way I was feeling before surgery there were a lot of weeks we did not shop and only grabbed what we needed so there are some pretty big holes in my stockpile.

Honestly part of me does not want to think about or deal with this right now. I am still not 100% back to my normal self (this recovery is taking a lot longer than I thought), part of me just wants it to be the weekend so I can relax. Issue here is they originally told me a week to recover so for the next 3 weekends I have events to attend. This weekend I am off to my cousin's gender reveal party, the good news is I am going with bro and his fiance as cousin lives about 2 1/2 hours away and not sure I am up to making that drive yet. As much as I am looking forward to the party and supporting them I do kind of wish I had nothing this weekend and could just relax.

Alright got a couple more things for work I need to get off plate and then I can relax.

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information