User Tag List

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I was unexpectedly without daycare kids, so I got some stuff done with our children.
    Bogo clothing sale at Salvation Army this morning. $2 for t-shirt for ds to grow into and another swim shirt.

Picked up kids prizes from police station.

Bought some groceries at the coop for $27, redeemed 2 rainchecks and about $8 in coupons.

Another $40 in gas to fill my van and get bonus PC Optimum points and used my new credit card.

2nd load of laundry is going now. It’s been a productive morning.

We bought 3 bikes at Salvation Army this morning. I brought Dh because he is handy and knows how much it will cost to do repairs and he knows what he can easily fix.
    $30 adult women’s bike - needs break & chain work, bent handle bars
    $40 adult men’s bike - needs new tire tube, chain work
    $10 little girl bike with training wheels - needs some air in back tire, otherwise great condition.

Second chance has a 50% off sale
    $0.50 - pink princess dress up shoes
    $2.25 - jeans for me

edit: All the bikes have been fixed up and we might take a family bike ride to the park tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 29th, 2019 at 09:59 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow..incredible heavy rain ,thunderstorms and big winds for this evening and now is on the menu forecast.If we dont loose power ,I think I will order some coupons .Have a good evening everyone!!!!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For finding a brand like new leather sofa at second hand store for 115$ delivery and pick up where included.
    Glad I did not paid 500-1000$
    The other tissue sofa was scrap so much needed.

This was last fall.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow..my jerk neigbours did not close is side of locker windows and it is pouring down very much so lots of water on the floor...so without words
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I written to 3 compagnies tonight.It is a small start!!!! I have a bunch of compagnies(18) to still writhe.In coupon mamzelle they put a french files just for that purpose!!!! I will continue tomorrow Morning and with my spare time.I want to rebuild my coupons for trading.But now I am exausted by the Week I had so good night!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Suffering insomnia again sigh......
    Ordered more coupons from 4 compagnies!!!
    I think I will do my grocery at metro online this week,I have a list of shopping and they offer 35$ of free summer products I can use,so why not? So piised right now...no delivery available in my area so no promo….so stupid
    Will try to sleep and order this morning.
    i won a coffee crisp chocolate bar at couche tard game
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jun 30th, 2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Good news, I do not have blood pressure issues, doc is pretty sure my body was just not happy to have surgery. Apparently my blood pressure is actually as he put it excellent.

I asked about how tired I am and he said I am still recovering and my doc know me way to well and suggested I may still be taking on too much. I really am trying to cut back, although the last 2 weeks are not good examples but the hours I work out outside of work have gone down with the exception of the last 2 weeks.

I am really trying to be more out going and actually attend things I am invited to. I have really discovered I have become quite the homebody. With that being said really wish I did not have event to attend this weekend, as I am so tired plus my house needs some serious attention but oh well.

With all of this being said nothing got done last night as I fell asleep on the couch after work and when I woke up I was still so tired I just watched some TV and went to bed early.

Alright well time to get back to work, see how many things I get off my on going to do list.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    You have to remember how limited you were before your surgery, so it will take time to get stronger and feeling better. I hope your pain is now gone. Have you tried walking to slowly build up your strength?
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Barbis, I am actually not bad with like walking or anything my issue is by 4 or 5 pm I am just exhausted and normally not someone who naps but this past week 3 out of 5 nights I fell asleep on the couch after dinner and was still able to sleep that night.

I think my doc is right and I am trying to only do 8 hour days and not work at home. But the downside is there is a ton to be done at home so it is a catch 22, if I am not working then I want to work on my house. But I am trying to remind myself to rest and relax and just sitting down watching TV is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    You have to remember how limited you were before your surgery, so it will take time to get stronger and feeling better. I hope your pain is now gone. Have you tried walking to slowly build up your strength?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohhh no relaxing today -daughter her family are coming any minute now as my son-in-law's mother is in hospital ,so we will watch Sebastian for them ,tonight BBQ got .15 corn at sobeys and nice steaks on sale with fingerling potatoes -yummm and grilled veggies
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    All I can say is GRRRRRRRRRR

My mom's friend got married yesterday and Mom agreed to do the cake, this alone made me worried. The last time she did a wedding cake I had to take her to the ER at 3 am as she had a panic attack and then guess who had to try to finish the cake with her trying to instruct me on what to do. I admit I love to bake, but I do not decorate, I do not pipe frosting or use fondant type of baker. Most of my dishes are bake cut and eat, the most fancy I got was a Peanut Butter Pie that was topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Drizzle and the Whipped Cream was not pipes it was just spread on top.

Well then they decided they only wanted a cake to cut but instead wanted cupcakes for everyone. So now Mom needed to make a "small" cake and 80 cupcakes. Since Thursday I have been hearing how am I going to get this all done and all I could say was do not look at me, I am working.

As well I was concerned at how much this was going to cost, I was told do not worry it will not cost that much. Well I discovered Friday when I got home from work why it would not cost that much. She used our stockpile.

Needless to say it was a gong show, we missed the ceremony because she was still working on the cake and we were also late the reception. It is her friend and I was her plus one so I could help her but I hate being late so I was just stressed the whole day. Not to mention there were items we did not have on hand so well I should have been getting ready for the wedding I was running around town grocery shopping. To get what she needed I ended up going to 3 stores.

Needless to say I was not in best the mood, plus for some reason below my belly button was seriously bugging me yesterday (will ask the surgeon this week about that).

The good news is, it is over but my kitchen looks like a bomb went off. All of the counters are covered, the stove is piled high, there is even boxes and bags of stuff all over the floor. So that needs to be taken care of.

Also the even better news is she said she is never making another Wedding and if she says she is I will remind her she said no more. As well if she does agree again I may just book myself out of town for work LOL
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Metro QC:
    Chapmans frozen yogurt 2l strawberries x2 cherries x1 @3,94$(sadly no coupons but still a great price) and cheaper than buying small container and a ton of haggen dazs lol

Simply Orange juice 2,63l @5,99$ x3
    Casal Domingo @1,25$ each x12(I dont like 1 variety in the pack case so at the end no waste is cheaper)
    Gatorade 6x591 ml (sadly no coupons)@4,99$ x2 cheaper than buying at the unity in machine.
    Vachon Cake 3,89$ minus fpc =free
    spend 68$ 5$ in darn taxes
    and got 23 items

oh and my dad treated my to free breakfast at Subway because I did a lots of cleaning this Week,I thanked him

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and pick up the metro flyer to pm this Week others things at maxi like the cherries and strawberries
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Walmart highlights from my favourite deals today.
    I SCOPed 5 varieties of Jack’s Links beef jerky.
    $3.97 Aveeno lotion - $3 coup
    $0.97 FPC wet cat food
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$475.61 - June total savings

Garden
    $5

Coupons redeemed
    $149.81

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $8.54

CO51
    $25.30

Caddle
    $20.04

Air Miles
    $70

PCO - No Frills
    $30

Canadian Tire gift card - VISA points
    $25

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $95

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $41.82

Gift cards received
    $5 Sobeys gc - Maple Leaf promo

Found Money
    $0.10
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 30th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

we had a wonderfull bbq at 6.00 pm ,steak I bought on sale at sobeys for daughter and her hubby (as she has had us countless times )hubby and I had hamburgers plus roasted potatoes and grilled zucchini and peppers plus corn on cob

My dear daughter bought dessert from a bakery different cookies and bars -she is so thoughtfull like that

Today I shopped joe fresh spent 60.00 not really as daughter-in-law wanted 2 tank tops so she will pay me $22.00 when it comes in I bought myself a summer tye dye long skirt $14.00 hope I like it ,plus sleep shorts ,I got Sebastian underwear for his birthday in sept and Ashlyn 2 undershirts for her birthday plus I got 10,000 p.c points added to my account 3-4 days after its shipped plus ebates was 10% so all in all nice shopping

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information