User Tag List

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I barely sat down yesterday. Ran my daycare before/after teaching a full day at ds’ school. Ran to Sobeys after daycare kids were picked up for the day. Quickly cooked supper. Then attended a meeting for a group that I volunteer with. 7-10pm, last meeting until September. I’ve volunteered to help with some events and fundraisers between now and then.

Yesterday at Sobeys
    $56.xx oop
    $26.97 in coupons
    $8.54 10% off Tuesday
    Earned 14AM
    redeemed 1 rain check
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Darn it-hung the clothing out nice and early this morning as it was sunny called for rain later so I was thinking 4.00 ,nope its currently pouring and was raining when I left at noon for dentist -uggg

Spent $23 in Dollarama -gee they have some nice things and bargains too ,got my daughter-in-law a 10.00 gift card to throw in with her gift as its her birthday end of this month

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well. Today was my fourth interview for my first job with my university degree. I'm starting off small, but will eventually work my way up once I have more work experience (Currently, I only have my two months of Census work under my belt)...

The interview was with RCSS 4th Ave here in St.Kitts, and I feel that It went really well. The position is for Night Replenishment Clerk, so long night shifts, but I will adjust If I get the job. Pay starts at $15/hr + Benefits and Staff Discount card after 3/6 months. From what the Manager told me, they love to hire, and hire often, Brock Students and Alumni. He also asked If I was available on Sunday for Paid Orientation and I feel that is a really good sign. Just need to pass the Background Check that I know I will... It is a start and I could potentially work my way up their Corporate Ladder with my Business Degree!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, those rains in Hamilton have been steady and super-soaking once I got to the library this afternoon! My laundry has been downstairs and I dried the bedding I had laundered this morning. Mom's nursery plants got watered well-she intends to plant them today. I have not had to water my seeds yet since Friday due to temperatures of late and today's bountiful rains.

Yesterday, I did some laundry before Mom and I went to Toronto (so loud, so many broken sidewalks along Yonge St) and aside from my Airism camisole (finally own one!) and sleeveless dress buys at Uniqlo, we really enjoyed lunch at Burger King. The Eaton Centre no longer has the Laura store (Mom was disappointed!) and we visited Saks, the Bay, and a little of Nordstroms. Could not believe how many east-west streets had construction pylons visible or active construction in the downtown area. Our GO bus back to Hamilton detoured up Hwy 427 so we saw some planes on the way back. Lunch time was busy on the sales floor at the Bay (also it was Senior's Day-Mom found two dresses but one size was not big enough (next size up was not available) and other dress was too short)! We may venture to Square One on a similarly cool-warm day like yesterday (comfortable for walking and carrying a shopping tote with brollies and water bottles) next month as Laura has a presence in Square One. We went to Lime Ridge Mall after we got into Hamilton and still did not find dresses but dinner in the food court was still fun! Taco Bell, in case you wondered... Btw, I struck out at the Yellow Pages boxes seeking the June 2019 OneToronto phone directory. I never got down to the box by Queen's Quay. Maybe on a return visit, I'll find a copy!

After breakfast, I washed/spun/tore remaining lettuce for the fridge (super-handy having it ready when I'm hungry) and realized I will need to do a light grocery shop at Fortinos (and buy a basil seed packet) on my way home from the library.

Monday night, I went through my late father's many maps and most got binned for the recycling box except for about 10-some old ones of his home country, more recent Hamilton/Burlington ones for the living room and one 80s map book that shows more of Ancaster's rural roads than any other local map I can recall. Since I often pick up maps at tourism offices and on my jaunts into Burlington/Mississauga/Toronto, I can get more current area maps (esp. if they are transit-related). We still have some books of Dad's to go through but Mom will have to decide which ones to keep and which ones to let go.

Kind of surprised at today's humidity after the rains--that means I can put the new camisole to the test soon and see if it really cools/absorbs moisture, etc.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Beautiful and sunny sunshine in qc today not to hot it is perfect!!!! I talked to a person who ordered the juicy couture from shoppers drug mart and juicy couture and she had received it 2 weeks ago in a white enveloppe so why I dont receive mine???No good offers to save for next week on pc optimun.I hope I will have good offers next week!!! Spend 40$ for a 3 days grocery for 2 father and I.Tomorrow I want to buy Casal Domingo coolers because it is handy to drink the week end when I had 1 friend last week end and maybe 1 this week end ,feel good to see old friends...and I dont like beer lol.I will also use my 5$ purina coupon for eve tomorrow for buying proplan cat dry food and my 2 x4,00$ tropicana coupons acquired in a trade for 2,63l big jug of orange juice at 4,99$ will pm superc at maxi.Eve is doing pretty good compared to the last weeks.Have a great evening everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jun 5th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I so need to get motivated on trading and order some coupons from 10 compagnies.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jun 5th, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well. Today was my fourth interview for my first job with my university degree. I'm starting off small, but will eventually work my way up once I have more work experience (Currently, I only have my two months of Census work under my belt)...

The interview was with RCSS 4th Ave here in St.Kitts, and I feel that It went really well. The position is for Night Replenishment Clerk, so long night shifts, but I will adjust If I get the job. Pay starts at $15/hr + Benefits and Staff Discount card after 3/6 months. From what the Manager told me, they love to hire, and hire often, Brock Students and Alumni. He also asked If I was available on Sunday for Paid Orientation and I feel that is a really good sign. Just need to pass the Background Check that I know I will... It is a start and I could potentially work my way up their Corporate Ladder with my Business Degree!
    fingers crossed!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post

GL getting the job. If you do, try not to scoop all the good deals in the back before the public has a chance at them. ;p
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@johnb56789 my older son has worked at our local RCSS part time for almost 3 years. Its been a great experience (he is a deli clerk) and the discount is nice because if he shops with me I can use it and it was very appreciated when DH was out of work to save 10% off everything. Even now if he wants something expensive for a recipe he does the shopping with me and I still take advantage of it.
    As for the cost of celery I only noticed it after @coupongirl pointed it out. Too fancy for my budget.
    Older son made dinner tonight so it was nice to come home to dinner about to go on the table. Doing laundry now with the hopes it can be lined dried on Thursday (fingers crossed).
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.

ok, thursday.
    looks cloudy and overcast.. but forcast is sun.. and 24 c. should be a fabbo day.
    posting a few more items to get rid of stuff.
    hopefully tonight i can finish off a bit of gardening.
    à
    hubby stopped by m and m meat s last night for thier chicken chunks.. they were on sale.. might do those with potato wedges and veggie sticks for supper. easy peasy.

all in all should be a good day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sunny here this morning. Not sure if it will last or not.

Did absolutely nothing last night. Tonight will be a fun night too. I also have to help my BIL out and take some pictures of a house for him in my town that needs an appraisal done. I do this for him now and again.

Youngest is on a school field trip... Good thing he remembered as I was dropping him off to ask for more money for lunch. Lucky I had cash in my wallet!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @johnb56789 my older son has worked at our local RCSS part time for almost 3 years. Its been a great experience (he is a deli clerk) and the discount is nice because if he shops with me I can use it and it was very appreciated when DH was out of work to save 10% off everything. Even now if he wants something expensive for a recipe he does the shopping with me and I still take advantage of it.
    As for the cost of celery I only noticed it after @coupongirl pointed it out. Too fancy for my budget.
    Older son made dinner tonight so it was nice to come home to dinner about to go on the table. Doing laundry now with the hopes it can be lined dried on Thursday (fingers crossed).
    Hey lilo0003,

I had a question I was wondering about for that staff discount... So, Loblaw/RCSS has no problem with your son using his staff card for your shopping? Just wondering because If I get the job and the staff card eventually, I would love to use it for my parents shops, as well as my close family friend. They would all be extatic If they could get that extra 10% off along with my extreme couponing for their shopping.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you for the well wishes Giseledta.

Well the good news is I was not overly freaking out the day of surgery although I had high blood pressure and they could not find any veins. To my shock my Dad showed up and I thought he was just going to see me off to surgery but ended up staying the whole time which actually ended up taking the whole day.

I did not come out of anesthetic well, I did not want to wake up and then I was not feeling well so they gave me gravel which then put me back to sleep. There was a small complication in surgery, turns out I had over 50 stones in my gallbladder which cause some issues. This means my recovery time has now tripled and honestly this is going to be trying as I am now restricted for 3 weeks.

All and all things are good, I am actually not in as much pain as I expected which is nice but due to the complication moving and sleeping are difficult. My whole stomach below my belly button is bruise and swollen causing quite a bit of discomfort.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lean ground beef value packs are on sale for $2.88/lb at Walmart this week. Has anyone bought their lean ground been packs before? How was it?
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -so good everything has gone well to be expected ,take care and rest now hon .

I went out today and spent a bit first stop shoe company
    pair of crocs for me nice shoes their black flip flop ones are cute and comfy got 1,000 extra points from there so next time I have a 10.00 discount

then on to pharmasave they are discountinuing this line called vasanti t 40% off so I got
    very moist tinted lip balm 13.20
    foundation 15.00- 5.00 in pharmasave points=$26.87

then gas 1.15 (right after I paid for it the sign outside changed to 1.12,little ticked )spent 23.00

then on to shoppers spent $27 got a 2litre chocolate milk for .79 after seniors discount and managers sticker of 2.00,milk 20% off plus ,yes I got my 20 times the points back this week on my milk that made my day

On Friday I am having Ashlyn for the day as she is off on a p.a day and a sleep over ,my daughter-in-law's mother is taking baby cara for the day .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information