User Tag List

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I woke up to a fire alarm going off some guest set someone’s apartment a blaze.

I finally got some answers from mental health as I had walked there in my pjs. Yves the supervisor said I would be getting a counsellor to deal with my PTSD and he said maybe a MRI quicker with my psychiatrist. He noted that I needed an appointment with my psychiatrist right away to discuss this. Then he also said that I needed to come back next week to see him at 10am. He said some lies that I caught him in I hate when people blatantly lie. He said I will have to wait a long time I was choked but I think I can go above his head on this to the CEO of mental health like I did the first time.

Before they allowed us to go back to our suites on second floor. But no one on 3rd or 4th was allowed back to their suites.

I am near my doctors office chilling before I have an appointment at waves coffee place. I ate a stale like muffin. I been jolted awake since 6:12am it’s now 12:23pm. I’m in a foul mood, I almost knocked out another tenant for being a mouthy towards me and the rest of the people outside threatened me. So I said “let’s throw down you big baby it’s all about you ain’t it. All you gotta say i hope that person’s alright not that your going to kill them. How I beat you now I bet yay I have more backing then you.” They instantly backed up as most of the building stood behind me and cops showed up but I didn’t care if I was going to beat their whinny little ass in front of them. I hate people who need to make it sound like they are better then everyone or promise to throw down and don’t back up their mouths.

I have half an hour to kill maybe I will walk around looking for something to do. I hate waiting plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Hey lilo0003,

I had a question I was wondering about for that staff discount... So, Loblaw/RCSS has no problem with your son using his staff card for your shopping? Just wondering because If I get the job and the staff card eventually, I would love to use it for my parents shops, as well as my close family friend. They would all be extatic If they could get that extra 10% off along with my extreme couponing for their shopping.
    I double and triple checked the terms and conditions as I did not want to use it if it was against the rules but it says "family purchases" or something like that. It was one of the cashiers that confirmed it when we where checking out after a shift and she asked him for his card. You need to be there 6 months at least in his role. He has only used it at his own store and I know he can't use it at Fortinos'.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Lean ground beef value packs are on sale for $2.88/lb at Walmart this week. Has anyone bought their lean ground been packs before? How was it?
    If they are the 2 lb packages that usually retail for $10, they are ok. It's often hard to find just 1lb beef packages that are regular at any given store. I've once bought a 2lb package and cooked the meat at once, then divided it into two portions for different taco meals.

I printed off Ricardo's One-Pot Burrito Casserole and am keen to buy beef for it. At least two stores have Unico canned beans on sale for 88 cents in the new flyers too!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I double and triple checked the terms and conditions as I did not want to use it if it was against the rules but it says "family purchases" or something like that. It was one of the cashiers that confirmed it when we where checking out after a shift and she asked him for his card. You need to be there 6 months at least in his role. He has only used it at his own store and I know he can't use it at Fortinos'.
    Thank you lilo0003 for the response. I will have to wait and see once I get my card. Hopefully it can be used at other RCSS' for my friends shopping (Whitby) and my parents (Newmarket).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley - Hero rep for you-at least you know how many stones have bothered you for so long. Bonus that your Dad came to be with you. One day at a time and now you can call in favours from others who you have often helped (think meals and grocery shopping (ahem, siblings) during your recovery. Yes, I know you'll likely peek in online at work when it's bearable for you to sit up for an hour or so, but don't rush to get there yet.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me - Backbone rep for you-it's good that you can stand your ground with whoever and that takes guts or just being fed up with any runaround. Was any kind of waiting area/emergency centre set up later to help residents have a place to sit indoors (given that it's been hot in your part of BC for a long time) and get refreshments?

Does your municipality offer a similar website like Vancouver's for what to do after a fire?
    https://vancouver.ca/home-property-d...-incident.aspx

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night felt clammy cold on my way to the book talk. It ended after an hour, so I had time for short visit to Westdale library by bus about 10min before my bus going to Ancaster came along. Brightly striped carpet tiles cover the floor and there is some rearrangement of the self-checkout terminals and computers.

Ms. Sunshine has been shining brightly most of today (golf fans are out in force and so too is the free HSR articulated shuttle for fans from Gore Park to the tournament). The early part of the day was clammy/foggy but then later warmed up. Humid-yes, it does seem like it! Some residents have turned their front yards into private parking lots but I hope bylaw or nearby police crack down. I heard a tale of a golf fan wanting to "donate" to a local place in order to park near the road by the golf course-nope!

Noticed the free beverage and hot dog coupons for Circle K in my local Moneysaver flyer (mailed). I decided today called for a medium Polar Pop (store has Coke fountain drinks and there's Coke Wild Cherry!!)-though the fine print on coupon states one any size pop, I followed the bold size text and stuck with Medium (79cent value in ON). Purchased a paper too.

I looked up the Laura store locations in Toronto and basically, any remaining stores are mid-town or in Etobicoke (flight from downtown). Guess the Mississauga stores will get Mom's and my attention on our next bus trip. I tried looking for a certain duster style open cardigan with the bell sleeves and ruffled hem/trim but have not found anything like it yet on at least six store websites. For fun, I checked Saks for the dress I like and the largest size is 12. The Bay carries some other apparel by Equipment but not the shirtdress with bow ties on the sleeves. Nordstrom also carries Equipment womenswear.

While on the Hudson Bay site, I signed in and notice my Mango shirt is on "clearance" then I looked at the other Mango items-some are on sale as well (all online orders only). I also changed some of my favourites on my wish list to update it. One relative has received about half of the items in her wedding registry, so that's a good start on new things for her home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If they are the 2 lb packages that usually retail for $10, they are ok. It's often hard to find just 1lb beef packages that are regular at any given store. I've once bought a 2lb package and cooked the meat at once, then divided it into two portions for different taco meals.

I printed off Ricardo's One-Pot Burrito Casserole and am keen to buy beef for it. At least two stores have Unico canned beans on sale for 88 cents in the new flyers too!

that recipie sounds good. !!!! i am going to try it this week thank you

sassy - hugs that is alot of stones. alot!!!

Greeentires... hugs
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Hey lilo0003,

I had a question I was wondering about for that staff discount... So, Loblaw/RCSS has no problem with your son using his staff card for your shopping? Just wondering because If I get the job and the staff card eventually, I would love to use it for my parents shops, as well as my close family friend. They would all be extatic If they could get that extra 10% off along with my extreme couponing for their shopping.
    @johnb56789 congrats . I am at RCSS too many times in the week and I know a few of the staff there that used there cards for there parents the have to be there with them to swipe there staff discount.
    So . I think once you are there with them it would be no problem

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario SCers-your McDonald's coupons for the meal deals or Flurries or salad entrees expire in two days (June 9*). I am toting the entree salad offer because I'd like to try the new Asian Cashew salad.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: * was off by one day on expiry dates-corrected

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you for the well wishes Giseledta.

Well the good news is I was not overly freaking out the day of surgery although I had high blood pressure and they could not find any veins. To my shock my Dad showed up and I thought he was just going to see me off to surgery but ended up staying the whole time which actually ended up taking the whole day.

I did not come out of anesthetic well, I did not want to wake up and then I was not feeling well so they gave me gravel which then put me back to sleep. There was a small complication in surgery, turns out I had over 50 stones in my gallbladder which cause some issues. This means my recovery time has now tripled and honestly this is going to be trying as I am now restricted for 3 weeks.

All and all things are good, I am actually not in as much pain as I expected which is nice but due to the complication moving and sleeping are difficult. My whole stomach below my belly button is bruise and swollen causing quite a bit of discomfort.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    @SassyAshley I am happy to hear that the surgery was successful. Remember you have to think of you and take as much time that you need for your recovery. You Dad sound like an awesome Dad I know that my DH would have done the same for my DDs.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just returned my shoes i bought today -not enough arch support ,i thibnk i will stick with the certain crocs i have ,maybe buy a new pair when they go on sale end of summer

after the return i went into bed bath and beyond got a bath mat (small one for outside the shower 11.99 reduced -20% coupon=$10.84 with tax not bad when its reg 28.99 -i love looking at their clerance sections i always find one or 2 items

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel it’s been hot of course it has but today it didn’t even reach 20C it was only 17C. There was restoration services here in my building mainly for the 3rd floor. There was lots of water damage throughout the building because the sprinklers didn’t just contain to one unit it was everywhere. It was suppose to rain today but I guess it decided it wasn’t going to.

They sent the whole 3rd floor to a hotel to stay several nights until the water damage was all cleaned up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Jun 6th, 2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy friday !!!

PD day here. i have either 3 or 5 kids. not sure yet... lol. we are going to the park, splash pad anda picnic.

2 bikes are being picked up today. and hopefully the bricks. get those out of the way. the side needs to be finished cleaning up.

it is also my youngests 17th birthday. sigh. 17. we will prob go out tonight for supper... not sure where.. but we will.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @Giseledta Happy Birthday to your youngest child .

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information