User Tag List

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Busy today ,I line dryed 2 loads ,then hubby went to cut the front and our sears 25-27 age lawnmower went and it had a few rusty cracks and a hole starting anyway ,so off to buy a lawnmower settled on rona as they were on sale ,(yes got the airmiles should be a nice amount)comes ina week unless we wanted to drive to Grimsby -nope will wait a week

Not a frugal month that's for sure ,I have a dentist appt Thursday

We went to visit my brother this afternoon and hubby's sister they are in same hospital
    My brother has the treack tube taken out and is eating soft foods and talking lots ,he really felt like a diet 7-up ,so I bought him a diet sprite which he enjoyed

then went to visit hubby's sister as she is having a test study done on her this week in hospital
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jun 10th, 2019 at 05:54 AM.
    Giseledta, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did not get the laundry out early enough so the last load a few towels needed the dryer as its rain again on Monday. Working at home because I have a dentist appointment and I am so happy to not be in Toronto on the day if the Raptors game. Union Station is a nut house under normal circumstances. Paid DS tuition today and that reminded me I had deferred his RESP last year so I need to follow-up to start releasing funds. I was able to pay with credit card so that’s a nice chunk of points.
    Lol, I am now watching another neighbour uses his gas powered blower on his roof, seriously what is wrong with people.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Jun 9th, 2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Busy today ,I line dryed 2 loads ,then hubby went to cut the front and our sears 25-27 age lawnmower went and it had a few rusty cracks and a hole starting anyway ,so off to buy a lawnmower settled on rona as they were on sale ,comes ina week unless we wanted to drive to Grimsby -nope will wait a week

Not a frugal month that's for sure ,I have a dentist appt Thursday

We went to visit my brother this afternoon and hubby's sister they are in same hospital
    My brother has the treack tube taken out and is eating soft foods and talking lots ,he really felt like a diet 7-up ,so I bought him a diet sprite which he enjoyed

then went to visit hubby's sister as she is having a test study done on her this week in hospital
    @coupon girl , did you get air miles on your lawn mower purchase at Rona?
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shwa girl-yes I did get my airmiles ,mine are the dream miles I wish they would let you change over to cash miles but no,so its taken me years to get to 3,000 some odd points and then not a lot of items .I wish they didn't get rid of a lot of gift cards but they did a few years back .I think I am aiming for a hand held dyson vacuum ,we will see .

lilo -I missed getting the towels out also ,as we had to go buy a lawnmower and visit 2 family members in the hospital when I got home at 5.30 it was too late so in the dryer went the towels .

My son /his family went on a walkathon yesterday at Bayfront park for their friend,s son who is 2 years old he has juvenile diabetes and they have to give the little guy shots,ahhhh.The girls stayed in the wagon the whole time ,which is amazing as cara moves around so much always on the go that little one is .

Off to babysit cara today don't have to be there til 7.30 which is nice ,so I am doing a load of laundry now when it is cheaper
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all... it seems like the rain is going right around us...
    i am thinking of sticking close to the house no matter what....
    we do have lots to get done in the daycare rooms today... so .. we will have a hear day.

laundry got started at 530 am .. i will finish off at 7 pm. did a sink of dishes at 530 as well. i will finish off the kichen shortly...
    hubby is off today.. he has stuff to get done....
    hopefully someone is picking up the bricks.... get those gone..

if the rain is gone by supper time.. i am bbqing...

any hoo.. that is the day. hugs to all
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know I've been out of the loop for awhile, but my SDM has been telling me that no more points are given out for buying SDM gift cards. Is that true?

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl : Can you use the Air Miles on trips and outings? You could spend some on tickets to the Toronto Zoo for your grandchildren or other attractions. Those are what I empty my dream miles into. Somehow, spending dream miles on items seem to work out better if I buy on sale at the store.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Slight confession, I haven't updated my budget or tracked expenses since October 2018! Time to get back on the bandwagon....

Today, I was in the Walmart pharmacy picking up a behind counter item. It scanned for $1 more, but they said SCOP doesn't apply because it's a pharmacy purchase. The CS manager agreed. I didn't see any exception like that on the website. Hmm. This warrants looking into.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Raining hard here this morning. Great for the grass! Hopefully the dried out hanging baskets at my No Frills get lots of water and revive. I wanted one but not for reg. price all dried out.

Lots of leftovers in the fridge for dinner tonight. ( I cooked up boneless chicken thighs- 3.5 LBS worth that were purchased for $2 LB) green beans and rice. I made up the last of the brussel sprouts and have them with the chicken and rice for my lunch today) So no cooking for me! DS heated up his plate really late last night (he worked then went longboarding with a friend) he came in my room to thank me very much for the nice dinner

I decided to do SDM 20x the points yesterday. I really didn't want/need much but figured good to load my points up? I purchased 3 boxes of the leadbetter burger patties. Figured they cost $4LB which in fairness isn't bad when I don't have to do anything and they are pretty simple burgers (not much added to them) By the time I purchase the beef, have to deal with it, add stuff, use wax paper and freezer bags etc and get PC pts on them it works out best for me at this time. Now I can decide on the fly it is burger night and just grab buns. I also bought eggs, milk, nescafe instant coffee (for hockey tournaments! I can make in room and put in thermos! Will save me money and time (time especially since arena coffee is usually garbage and I don't like Tim Hortons at all) 3 x 2pk toothpaste on for $2.99 a pk and I used $1 coupons on each. At No Frills I bought a bunch of bananas and a can of black beans. I am making black bean burger patties (these I find expensive so wanting to try making them )

Have a great day everyone!
    ROMEO, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I thought I had 20x the pts for the milk but didn't get it. Checked my account and could see the offer still so messaged and they added my points a few mins later. I really have no complaints with PC Optimum! I'm at 763,956 on my main card now and 35,425 on my 2nd card. I am itching for a redemption so I need to get my 2nd card over $40 ASAP!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! It is a hot day in qc ,30 degres and we are only 10:33 am...lol...I cannot wait to the ac to be installated!!!! Sleep was bad yesterday because of the heat.Glad I have some refreshments,I am not going anywhere today.I chatted with pc because points did not enter and they owned me 4600 points.Just more 500 points and I will have 10$!!!! Have to make an appointment with doctor because my body and mental health are not very good since a few months.... Have to get my hair cut this week,.I want short hair for the summer.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jun 10th, 2019 at 10:40 AM.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

May go to thrift store this week all the clothes and things are 1$ for the summer!!!!
    ROMEO, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!!! It is a hot day in qc ,30 degres and we are only 10:33 am...lol...I cannot wait to the ac to be installated!!!! Sleep was bad yesterday because of the heat.Glad I have some refreshments,I am not going anywhere today.I chatted with pc because points did not enter and they owned me 4600 points.Just more 500 points and I will have 10$!!!! Have to make an appointment with doctor because my body and mental health are not very good since a few months.... Have to get my hair cut this week,.I want short hair for the summer.
    It was a hot weekend in our neck of the woods too and the 2nd floor of house was hot but I refused to put the AC on yet. DS has asked for a fan for his nightstand (we have ceiling fans) but he likes it right in his face lol. I saw lots at RCSS so will pick him up one there. I opened the windows yesterday afternoon and there was a nice breeze on the main floor.
    ROMEO, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It was a hot weekend in our neck of the woods too and the 2nd floor of house was hot but I refused to put the AC on yet. DS has asked for a fan for his nightstand (we have ceiling fans) but he likes it right in his face lol. I saw lots at RCSS so will pick him up one there. I opened the windows yesterday afternoon and there was a nice breeze on the main floor.
    Yes we opened the Windows too to have a breeze the evening and night but in a appt in a 3 floor it is still hot...
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah our 2 story house was hot upstairs. And we sleep with bedroom doors closed so no airflow at night (I have to shut window at night the 5am birds wake me up!)
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information