User Tag List

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When you cannot acces your familly doctor because he is overwelmed with patients...that suck
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath007 my hubby was told last month he had to wait 3 weeks to see his family doctor ,so he went to a walk in clinic instead
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Had a really bad day yesterday, Mom went back to work, I am still working from home. I was feeling quite good and was thinking it might be time for me to head back to office as well, just one more day at home. Well things did not go well, I had some pain, nothing to serious, not enough to make me take something but still annoying. As well I discovered I am not as healed as I thought, it literally took me all day in 2 minute sections to cut up 2 head of lettuce as I could not stand for an extended period of time.

By the time got home I was in quite a foul mood as I was annoyed. I do not handle not being able to do things well.

With that being said I have to admit I do feel great, last night was first night in a month a slept through the whole night. Also I can eat again and not worry. So far nothing has bothered me and I do not worry about every little thing I eat which is nice. I am hoping to feel a little better by the weekend so I can do some meal prep for next week, now that I can eat normally again I want to get back into a healthier eating routine. I have been consuming a TON of carbs as they were safe foods.

Not much else going on, there are a million things to be done around the house but I still cannot bend over and cannot lift anything over 10 lbs so needless to say I pretty much cannot do anything. I feel bad that Mom has had to take on everything I normally do especially the things I do because it hurts her to do but right now I just cannot do them. Also does not help that Mom hurt back at work yesterday, someone left a piece of plastic on the floor she did not see and she stepped on it and went sliding along the floor jarring her back.

I have been getting quite a bit of work done as that I can do sitting on the couch. So at least I feel productive there.

I need to text bro and his fiance and see if they are going to cousin's next weekend as I had RSVP yes originally thinking my recovery time was a week but now that it is 3 weeks I do not think I should travel to cousin's alone. So far other bro and sis are just maybe's on attending and pretty sure they will say coming to get me is out of their way. Hopefully bro and his fiance are going and I can go with them. It is cousin's wife bday so we have been asked to come celebrate her birthday and find out the gender of baby # 3. I really hope I can make it as I feel bad, a large portion of our family is unable to attend due to prior commitments.

Alright well I guess I will get back to work and try to feel productive. Have a wonderful evening everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

SassyAshley take it slow!!!!

ok. dc kids are gone. hubby took middle child to oakville. fingers crossed. more on that later. Oldest is at work.. and youngest is out with friends.
    justme and the puppies... we had a small bone fire.. and burned allteh stuff i needed to burn.. cleaned up the driveway area.
    had leftovers for supper.. with ice c ream.... as i am a adult.. and thats what i did.
    my order from amazon came in.. i am returning it...

going to take a shower.., do up the dishes from my lonely supper. and no sure what else for the rest of the night. i should fold 2 baskets of laundry... maybe.....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    cath007 my hubby was told last month he had to wait 3 weeks to see his family doctor ,so he went to a walk in clinic instead
    Mine have a waiting of 3 months ...so I went to a walk in clinic too.
    wendymac, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Definately not a good day for my budget.... Spend some money to renew my medication,and a few needed intimate things...Now I need things and my budget dont follow...
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my middle has found a place to live for the next school year!!!!! i am very happy.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good morning..

i am sending deposit this am for middle childs housing . very very pleased. finding Safe and accepting housing for a openly LGTBQ child... was a bit of a challange. be it is done. and under budget.

youngest has a dr appt tonight. should be fast. fingers crossed.
    i need to do a quick fridge clean .. and figure out supper.

makethe gr list for sat.

rain forecast forthe day. my tea is strong.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@SassyAshley Take care of yourself, please! @Giseledta Good news about your middle and housing.

Nothing much but work for me today. I will be eating and sleeping when I'm not working so as to get ahead and be able to spend an entire day or three outside when the weather finally is nice enough. Oh...I'll douse myself in bug repellent first, of course, because the wet weather means many, many mosquitoes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!! Raining here. The grass should be thankful!

Last night I was on the laundry. Put away all clean stuff. Hung to dry all our good shirts etc. I like to hang most of my gym wear so happy to have all that clean and will be dry and ready to put away tonight.
    I have one load in the dry that will need to be put away tonight. Kitchen is clean and the dishwasher can be run after 7pm tonight. I am thinking bacon/eggs/hashbrowns/toast for dinner. Easy peasy and uses up stuff (lots of eggs to use up!)

We have an appt. at the bank for DS to open a second savings account but we are going to cancel it. Seems crazy to have to make an appointment and bring all ID when he already has an account there. No sense in having his eggs all in one basket. We will check out the other offers.

Stay frugal my friends!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just loaded my PC pts (which I couldn't get into my account and had to re-set the password about 5 times!!)

I had saved the 200pts per $1 spent on pork. And I also have a 2nd offer of 100 pts per $1 spent on pork.
    Same with Dove products- 2 offers! Hopefully I find some deals to try out these offers-even though I shouldn't buy anymore Dove but....
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s 20x hot last night the workers without my knowledge moved a humidifier into my room with a fan so my bathroom is million degrees and I didn’t get no sleep at all. I’m not impressed.

I have to go and water a garden this morning. AL the worker planted them I don’t want them, I don’t care if they die. I wanted seeds I didn’t want pre-grown herbs. I might get a small light for room and grow some herbs myself inside. They would last longer and I wouldn’t need to water them too much.

We have unpredictable heat lately yesterday broke records it was 36C in my home town old record was 29C in 1995 I would have been 11. Yesterday we went to Canadian tire my mom bought a 5 burner bbq for $299. She paid 315$ after taxes and environmental fees. The regular price was 499$. She she saved what $200?!?!? We went to Walmart afterwards where she bought me steak which I ate for dinner it was delish. I also have frozen beef and broccoli and scalloped potatoes sitting in my freezer with some creamsicles. I am going to use the left over sausages to make stuff for pasta, today.

I need more water diffusers I might have to break down and use the money for some.

I just b*t*hed to management about the dehumidifiers sitting in my room and how I didn’t get no sleep last night. After the maintenance guy said there’s nothing I can do about it bs. They need to keep the workers working so instead of clearing out the stuff on 3rd where the damage is they are drying out second which makes no sense. They need a better system and I am sick of this bs i cannot live an oven they trying to kill me?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Jun 13th, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -well dentist appt was cancelled this morning ,so they rebooked it for tuesday

so off I may go to no frills and use some of my points

On a good note last night my sister-in-law called my dear brother who is still in hospital took 5 steps ,he is having the dye test today to see where he has any blockages and they want to know why his heart stopped .Mind you he still has a long go of it,plus my sister-in-law said he has some short and long term memory loss ,their plan is to fix his heart problems if their is a blockage and then when a bed comes available send him to a rehabilitation hospital for more therapy .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rain, rain go away...well, it's not a Pepsi shirt at the post office but a returned parcel. I've sent the mail service a complaint about the lack of information on the slip. I have to pay more (fuel surcharge on top of postage) to get the parcel released to me. Will have to make a second visit as I did not have enough cash for the payment. That cash was intended for something else, but will have to make do.

$1.10 in can refunds today. I found an international coin on my evening walk yesterday, so it's gone to someone coin collection of interesting things.

I've been having bread and butter for supper at least nights in a row, plus celery sticks with leftover salsa and random veggies or salad. The green Granny Smith apples that Mom bought seem rather tough and not so tasty. I've finished my assortment of mixed fruit from the reduced produce purchase and eating Mom's bananas (no quick loaves were made as bananas are eaten by the day).

Think today will need a couple cups of tea with sugar and milk before supper can be considered. Very pleased I have a good umbrella for the day! Enjoy Thursday, everyone, to the best you can!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed to get out of the office at lunch so took a walk around No Frills (and to get peaches for DS)

Wow! Really noticed the prices going up and up and up! So important to shop the sales and promos!

I did buy 2 Fahita kits for $2.47 each after sale and coupon. The seasoning pouch alone was selling for $1.47 each. Glad to have in the cupboard for a quick meal idea ( we always have meat in the freezer and peppers/onions/cheese/sour cream on hand!)

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information