User Tag List

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.... i am a tad ... peeved... took my mom to no frills... not one of the big town ones... a small town one. it a great store and honestly not to far from me...
    hey guess what.. all empty coupon pads.. totallly shelve cleared.... gone.. nadda.. zip zilch.... honestly.. i am not a fan of coupon clearers......

so that is my grump.

on the good note... i had spend 1.00 get 200 pts on fresh pork. and pork tenerloin was on sale.. so ... stock up. i got 4 pkgs, and 2 pkgs of bonless centr cut pork chops. that should do for a bit.
    i plan on bbqing quite a bit this summer.

used my coupon for a free bottle of oxiclean. laundry.

tonight my middle child and i are going to Circ du solie. it should be nice
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG...I am so pissed at myself right now..I missed a free beautiful male cat on famille et petits amours french fb group...I was too late...
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Giseledta we are both in the same boat. I have never taken all the coupons from a tear pad and usually get really upset when a new cycle starts and all the coupons are gone. I know lots of us like to trade but still we should be kind to all the other shoppers and people looking for coupons. My DD just got back from RCSS and there is not a coupon in site.

Hoping the rest of my family get better luck in finding some of the new ones that I am looking for these we are all in different city

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Happy Happy!!!! Finally made a trade for 0,75$ barilla coupons.She will give me 20$ of barilla coupon in exchange of a snuggle fpc and a silk fpc...yeah people want a leg and arm so no choice...I still in hunt of this coupon Have a good night everybody. The first person was slow to respond and I just ask her if she was interested and she block me..wow some people...I did not want to make the trade right now just to know to see if i waste my time or not and have a chance to get the coupons.So that is 27 coupons I think if I am correct.Love this group for the one and a half value of fpcs
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jun 15th, 2019 at 06:23 PM.
    wendymac, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My sister was lucky to find the Dove 3wub2 dove product so she took advantage of the Dove deal at No Frills . There is still the glitch so each pack works out to be $0.10 what a deal. She forget to PM some
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Happy Happy Happy!!!! Finally made a trade for 0,75$ barilla coupons.She will give me 20$ of barilla coupon in exchange of a snuggle fpc and a silk fpc...yeah people want a leg and arm so no choice...I still in hunt of this coupon Have a good night everybody. The first person was slow to respond and I just ask her if she was interested and she block me..wow some people...I did not want to make the trade right now just to know to see if i waste my time or not and have a chance to get the coupons.So that is 27 coupons I think if I am correct.Love this group for the one and a half value of fpcs
    Thats an awesome trade
    wendymac, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I have revived a practice that used to save me a lot of money. I now have an erasable poster with magnets on my fridge (got it for free along with lotsa pens for it), and I use it to register everything that is "in progress" within the fridge. I can't tell you how many times I've thrown away leftovers that were tucked behind something else for a bit too long. Now, at a glance, I know every single thing that needs to be used up before it goes bad. Don't you hate it when good foods go bad? No more...
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @wendymac great idea about the poster on the fridge. Yes I hate to be wasteful.
    Happy Fathers Day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @wendymac great idea about the poster on the fridge. Yes I hate to be wasteful.
    Happy Fathers Day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was not my best day. I definitely over did it, I thought I was taking enough breaks and did not take on too much but apparently I did as I was really feeling in late afternoon but still had to make dinner. Luckily most of it was prepped.

Then Mom phoned me on her way home with bad news. Her work has really been screwing her around lately but it looked like things were turning around well it turns out they were just using her to bridge the gap.

Mom was full time but they found a way to push her out of the full time position about a week after they did so they admitted they made a mistake and asked her to back to her old position but could not give her full time as they said the "position had not been approved by head office to be posted." But she was told if she did a number of things the full time job would be hers again.

She was then offered a position in another store that I was weary about but she was said she could make work. All went well until she had to sit down with District Manager as that meeting never came.

She then spoke to her store manager about needing more hours and really needing to be full time, her manager told her was kind of giving her mixed messages telling her how good she was at her job but then pointed out how she had the full time and stepped down. Mom reminded her that she was pushed out which she actually did admit was true. A few days later the Full Time position was posted which Mom applied for and a lot of comments were made about her being the front runner and the person to fill the position but they also kept making comments about not doing the interviews until after my surgery as her only being part time would be good well I recover.

Well Mom went back to work this week but her Manger was away until yesterday. Yesterday after her shift she sat down with the manager and asked when the interviews would be to be told they decided not to do interviews and someone else has already been given the position and the job posting is now closed. This person does not work in my department, is not trained to work in Mom department and add salt to the wound Mom gets to train her this week.

Now here is the part that really got me, the manager told her well now that we have filled the Full Time position there are going to be less hours for you. I am freaking out less hours, she only 13 1/2 hours last week and now there are less. But the part that really got me was the manager said I know you upset and you need to work full time so would you like to hand in your resignation? Which just says to me they are trying to push Mom out and they are going to pull what is typical for them, they are going to give her no hours until she quits.

I am not going to lie I was super upset last night between not feeling well after doing too much and feeling like I cannot do anything and the news with Mom's job I was practically in tears all night. Which then lead to us fighting because according to Mom I have nothing to be upset up it is not my life that sucks it is hers.

This is what pisses me off right now it is all about her which I get is her job but guess who gets to make up the difference when she has no money? Not to mention I know how this story goes, her life sucks which means we will now start to fight. She will get mad because she has no money and since I will be paying my bills, the house bills, her bills and buying groceries when I start saying we cannot afford things she will get mad and we will fight. Since Nanny passed and is not here to bail her out, it is now my job but my issue is we cannot keep living off my savings. Since Nanny passed I have had to bail her out a few times and my savings are still trying to recover. Don't get me wrong I make sure to put away some out of every pay but I have 2 savings account and the smaller one has pretty much been emptied and given to her, she was supposed to pay me back when she got full time last time but that only lasted a few months before she stopped paying me back and I came to terms with that and let it go, but here we are again.

As it is the atmosphere in our house sucks right now. She is supposed to be laundry before she goes to work because I cannot, I went to try to help her but got sent away as is in her "I hate my life mood and I am not going to get out of bed."

She keeps telling me don't worry she will get a new job but let's be real here the reason she has been at her current job so long and we have dealt with all of these ups and downs is because she cannot get another job. I have literally seen her send out 22 resumes/applications in 1 day and not get 1 call for a interview. The issue is she has been working in retail for I do not even know how many years probably 20 to 25 years but now with her health issues she cannot work retail. She is in the job she is now as she can sit on a stool to work as she cannot stand. Which now makes it that office jobs do not want her but she cannot work retail which leaves what?

I am so freaking and stressed right now but I have to pretend all is well or the fights will start and I just cannot handle that right now. Plus I cannot say anything to my family because Mom doesn't want bro to know so I kind of feel like I am on island all alone right now. I cannot say anything to Mom, I cannot talk to my family cause bro might find out so I wait for moments I am alone to fall apart.

Sorry for the long ranting post but I really needed to get it out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy: children of any age should not be financially responsible for their parents. You have carried her a long time and sound like before that your Nanny did it. I do not envy your position, it’s one thing to help family because you want to but when you have too, well I know I would feel the same as you.
    Its cloudy and overcast today but I am putting the clothes on the line as there is just a 20% chance of rain. I need to run out to RCSS as DS1 wants shrimp to add to the steak he is doing for lunch. I went to Freshco yesterday for the corn. Along with a big chocolate cake for dessert that is our dads day to celebration dinner.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning !!! Happy father day to all of the fathers and others in here!!! I am buying tea and relaxing stuff today because I am too much stressed about my future life in september(returning to school and others things) and I prefer that to sleeping pills*been there dont want that s(*)( anymore* Have a wonderful day!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

would love to have a no frills and dove coupons for the dove points glitch but no chance in qc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Well I am trying to take advantage of this Dove deal so I sent my sister to shop for me today. Would love to have some for the Christmas baskets for the woman’s Shelter or to do a donation at the Youth shelter it’s free. Will post and let you all know how it went
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There’s a food truck festival today i entered a contest to win poutine gift cards. Couple days ago and they were suppose to draw names yesterday but nowhere on fb talks about the winner. So I messaged them. I can’t afford to go until I hear about those gift cards.
    @SassyAshley - is your mom retirement age? That maybe why they are pushing her out it’s a form of discrimination in the workplace she could fight that by going to the labour board.

They did that to my dad when he was alive and working he thought to himself a bonus for retiring early he took retirement at 56. After they were squeezing him out I only found about it after reading documents after his death. I paid for most of his cremation because mom didn’t have the money and my sister was suppose to pay for some to but she was all tapped out.

I’m very tired I got up during the night to go the bathroom then again when I woke up at 8:30am.

Yesterday Staff said now they have to post 24hour advance notice when they are going to enter a suite. I got them in trouble it just first was me who complained i insisted everyone else do it to on my floor. So now I think the proposed job has pushed back by a couple weeks. We all know it’s a 3 month job not a 3 week job we’re not stupid but they are. It’s not a house it’s an apartment building under BC housing. I heard a knock at the door this morning but I was sleeping and didn’t bother by going to answer the door. Could have been my fridge knocking for all I know.

I don’t feel like I am in pain today but I been grumpy the last few days. Antibiotics must be working then. I need to eat something though to take one of the antibiotics. Maybe a jam and peanut butter sandwich I am so hungry I will make two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information