User Tag List

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    A doctor recent prescribed two migraine preventative medications. He also wants me to eat no meat for the next two months and take up yoga. In two month’s time I can start introducing one meat at a time and see how my body responds to it. So I’m now suddenly and temporarily vegetarian. I’m trying to figure out what to cook and eat. I have to limit eggs due to own food sensitivity. The rest of my family is still eating meat. Dh keeps reminding me that it’s only 2 months, but he doesn’t want to join me, so I’ve told him not to tell me it’s only 2 months. Hopefully this will help my chronic migraines.
    can you eat chicken or fish/seafood? would plant based burgers be ok? Nuts have high protein and pasta with veggies is delicious. I find when I'm told not to eat something, I seem to crave it.
    Giseledta, wendymac, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

That suck ….Hair dresser and thrift stores are closed the monday...oh well plan b cleaning the fridge much overdue.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m getting a little sick of this dehumidifier in my house I walked into it last night going to the bathroom. I never felt so much pain in my life. I have bruises and my left foot hurts. I think it was shock because when your sleep walking to use the can how would you not remember there is something large and in charge in your hallway?!?! Well I found out the hard way. My legs hurt so does my right knee. I don’t know what smashed first my knee or the foot. It needs to go.

I tried these things from Walmart called marie calendars meals they are actually pretty good for microwave meals. I think next Wednesday I will get some more. My usual destination for groceries is superstore but I like these meals. And I need to go to Walmart anyways which is usual destination on pay days. I will just go to the one in POCO over the Pitt River bridge. The one closet to my house doesn’t have selection that I need or want.

It smells like fresh cut grass and gasoline mixed together. Through my AC I think someone’s cutting the grass outside.

I guess today I will get up and join the world. After that early morning bathroom instance I need to talk with management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@SassyAshley Thankfully I can still have all my dairy options. I bought some different canned beans yesterday. They are on sale at the CO-OP. I do not have a good processor. My sister had suggested some recipes, but many want a food processor. Maybe I can find one at a garage sale? I’ve borrowed a small one from a fried a few years ago. I used it to make black bean brownies. They were pretty good our 3.5yr old son enjoyed them at the time. Yes, I like mushrooms too. I’m updating my coupon wish list to Maybe get some FPCs for meat alternatives.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    can you eat chicken or fish/seafood? would plant based burgers be ok? Nuts have high protein and pasta with veggies is delicious. I find when I'm told not to eat something, I seem to crave it.
    No chicken, fish, pork, beef, etc. I didn’t ask, but I’m pretty sure seafood would be included on the no list too.
    I’ve been feeling quite hungry.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    That suck ….Hair dresser and thrift stores are closed the monday...oh well plan b cleaning the fridge much overdue.
    Next Monday, most businesses will be closed for the holiday in QC, @cath007 , so that will make the week's beginning feel like a long weekend.

Fridges-do you have any appliance outlet stores near you by Corbeil, Brault et Martinault or Leons? Maybe there's a fridge for you close to the budget you have in mind. Or a freezer!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... finally had my first shift at RCSS and surprisingly it wasn't nearly as bad (at least for now) than I thought it would be. It also helped that apparently Sundays aren't too bad in terms of number of skids to get out onto the shelfs. And Friday isn't horrible either as I've been told by the veterans at RCSS. I still don't have my staff punch-in number, so that was a bit of a pain to deal with, but I got it all sorted out. Honestly, the 8 hour shift felt like closer to only 2 or 3 hours or actual work which was nice. AND I should get my first paycheque this Thursday, so it will only be orientation and one shift on it, but eventually I will work the size of those cheques up. Just can't wait till my six months for all my staff discounts, then hopefully keep working my way up to pay increases and the health and dental benefits... That will be nice.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -see if plain fish fillets with light spices or citrus and a little veg in parchment paper tastes ok and does not set off headaches for you. Or if you can manage plain or flavoured canned tuna in some dishes because going meat-free is a difficult protein change for a meat-eater. I do recommend having cooked quinoa on hand to mix with veggies, dried cherries and more but again, the faster something cooks, the better for your schedule. Also hemp seeds on salads and such give you protein or can be used in baked goods.
    See if you can get coconut almond milk 946ml tetras on sale at your grocery store--it tastes ok on Weetabix, Mini Wheats or Shredded wheat cereals but not on puffed rice or flake cereals. If I get just almond milk, I find it rather tastes watery on its own for cereal but the coco-almond blend seems more like "milk fat" in mouth feel.
    You may find inspiration from any cookbooks that offer Lenten meal ideas as meat won't be needed.
    @SassyAshley - what happened to any union rep at the store? You have a valid point about a new manager trying to change staff if there is a perceived conflict or manager preferences. Your Mom is basically back to employment law issues that she had before she had the FT job hours of recent months. She should see an employment lawyer for free (30min) to discuss options.
    I think you might have to sit Mom and bro down together to break the news to him. Would he be willing to have Mom live with him on his tab and would she go? But for now, rally your own resources and if there is a push for money from you, ask her to see what her car will sell for. Sometimes you have to provoke the anger that causes a parent to focus on the issue.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel No fish allowed for 2 months. No meats of any kind.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Holding off until late Saturday to go to the library paid off, literally! The used book sale, in its last hour, was $1 fill a bag time. I was in the process of buying a $2 dvd when I got $1 change and told of the offer. So I added about 6 softcover and 1 hardcover book to my little pile and was delighted! I could not find enough books to make me want to fill a shopping bag (had a tote for my finds).
    Ran down my cash-purchased needed personal care item, mini Snickers (my brain all day was screaming for chocolate-caramel something), LaCroix water (on sale at Longos) and a bunch of radishes. 35 cents left until I found that quarter this morning...
    Sunday was stay-at-home and enjoy having the place to myself for about half the day. Pure Joy. Made carrot and radish slaw in the afternoon and it was gone by bedtime.
    Convinced Mom to write a utility payment to put into this morning's post (victory, as it's due soon) and got some heavy items to the curb ready for tomorrow's collection.
    White peonies have fallen apart during the last week's rains, purple peonies on one bed are in glorious bloom and there are other peonies not yet open (kind of late now). Will give my garden seedlings a quick look today to see if a new plant has sprouted over the weekend.

Have to determine what's for lunch/dinner and plan out the week ahead in terms of what needs to be completed. There are humid days in the forecast too, so I need prepped salad and chilled sparkling water to get through them (and wear my Airism camisole).

Next Monday, I'd love to be at the 50% off Talize sale. Shopping goals for June continue-happy frugal ways, SCers!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Angela - So lots of beans and nuts for protein. How about peanut butter and jam sandwiches? I know it’s not at first filling. But have fun with it. You might come up with some interesting dishes you can make yourself. Too bad your hubby wasn’t more willing to jump on the bandwagon.
    There is always ground round by yves. My friends don’t like it but I do I have to add lots of seasonings to it can pass in things like chilli or pasta. And that company if you write to them or call them I think several years back sent me coupons.

They are starting to fill the yellow bin in the backyard with people’s things from 3rd floor. Everything is spongey and smells bad. If we go through the bin we can be evicted. Yet I saw some of the workers looking through some of the drawers of dresser in the bin I got a little concerned. I haven’t said anything about what I saw until I see them actually taking something then I will say something. There young dudes I was surprised none of them were older who looked like to be in charge. Martin my manager said they would know by today if they would take out the giant dehumidifier that I walked into. He seems be more into the process of things then he was before. So it is true that the guest was cooking marijuana oil on the stove and that tenant has been moved to the modulars permanently. And also found out that the guest has been charged with arson of the suite.

Another note I got a Chapman’s straw in the mail. It comes in plastic box. This is what it looks like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/fr-ca/produit...errer=PLP_Reco

I am thinking of buying this one.It is 500 $ promo in flyer ….but that is kind of expensive.They can do pick up and deliver free.I am not decided yet...I will have more infos tomorrow Morning if they have it in stock or not

Finished the cleaning of the fridge .Now to do the freezer …..What a job it is jam packed….Maybe it is the problem of the freeze and the leaks in the fridge???
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still no new of what is going on with my trade...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Last fall I changed the sofa.I paid 115$ for a beautiful black leather usaged sofa in a second hand store .Look like brand new.But for a fridge,I want a knew one,not the same thing...
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

greentiresfme -love the marie calender meat pies -I have had them -yummy

Well its turning into not a frugal month ,need a new toilet ,on sale at lowes so hubby will buy on Tuesday after I get in from dentist ,hydro bill is $17 more this month (some of that could be the continuous running after the fact of the main toilet ,that has some leak in one of the hoses ),taxes have gone up $19.67 more a month in july …...just gonna have to cut down on my online shopping and I haven't shopped since may24 online which is a good thing

Plus hubby needs to get his car sticker before middle of july his birthday
    On a not so great note I have to rechaulk the shower stall as some of it is bubbling on the track where the enclosed door closes ,guess I didn't do that great of a job ….ahhhh
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information