User Tag List

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Went to the big box land to return someone's lost member card & a second piece of id. Browsed Sobey's Extra Ancaster and noticed the BMO cash machine is now located outside of the eating area/classroom and nearby is a Coinstar machine (with note that receipts must be used the same day). Found no coupon pad in the holder by the Barilla pasta shelf but did pickup Cracker Barrel $1 off, 50 cents off Natrel whipped dip/spread 250g, Iogo nano $1 off cheese portions and $1 off Healthy Choice Power Bowl coupons today. All holders are located in front of the product shelves/fridge/freezer areas.
    Noticed the Clearance section endcap behind the Pharmacy-$3.99 Kelloggs Protein honey almond cereal, some energy bars on 50% reduction, some Mosaic plastic plates/cutlery/mini forks on sale. Everything is priced to expire by June 19.

Delighted that my Airism camisole is keeping me from feeling soggy overall while walking the hot sun today. Definitely want an Airism shirt or second camisole next month.

Reminder that GST credits land on July 5 (gee $1.50 increase for 2019 quarterly payments so $72.50) and OTB (new cycle) credits on July 10. I keep forgetting about the July GST credit because I keep thinking about the lump sum OTB and what ought to be the main purchases beyond new walking shoes and the computerized imaging for my eye exam.
    RE: HST- Thanks for the reminder! I will be watching for DS's cheque and put it with the other 2 I tucked away. He will appreciate them down the road
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Is there a charge for the old fridge to be taken away to the store's recycler? I know it cost my brother $20 per laundry appliance last year and they went to the store's contracted metal scrapper for recycling.
    No
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Tomorrow is market day in Ancaster! I will look at other produce vendors to see what's available and the prices. If I see celery, I'll report on the bunch price but it's still early for celery.

Forgot to state that Sobeys has YOP protein yogurt and smoothie yogurts on special for 4 for $5. If you still have the save $1 wub 2 of either of those varieties, you can do well! Coupon expires at end of June.
    Even better price on the Yop Protein and Smoothies for those willing... No Frills will have them on 3 for $2.88 in their upcoming flyer, as well, Food Basics will have the Smoothies $0.99 each in their "Got a Buck? Sale"... 2 for $0.92 is a pretty great price, even less than the regular sale price of Yop original!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama _yes, I know that there are some residents or landscapers that will collect scrap metal of all kinds at the curb for free, but sibling want things out and someone else to tote them up the stairs and out the door. I won't miss the wringer washer much but it was ok for laundering towels or work clothing, just no-spin option!

I cannot put scrap metal in the recycling box. So far both Mom and sibling won't make a trip to take the scrap to a dealer (the street happens to be under construction, as I saw on last week's bus ride in the area). Will see if things change for July or else get permission to give the items to a neighbour who will take them in and cash out whatever he gets.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@johnb56789 -wow, those are good deals on YOP and Food Basics is close to me, so score on Thursday! THANKS

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! It will be 26 degree in QC today so a nice and sunny day!!! Saved 3 pc offers for next week I will use!!! I hope to receive good offers!!! I am on the last day ofmy antibio=happy!!!! I am thinking to see a financial counsellor for my rest of heritance money because right now it dont fructify...will see...Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Happy to see the barilla coupon was found in the dollars and cent coupons thread!!!! If I acquire more coupons,I will donate pastas at my foodbank.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is beautifull sunny and hot I have the beds to wash.5 loads will go outside to dry...but darn the clothe line is so short so will see the space I find on the balcony.

EDIT DONE
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jun 19th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am doing 5 loads of laundry basically that’s all the money I have on my laundry card to do. 5 washes 5 drys. I waiting on the last wash then all the drys are 60mins each. I don’t mind it needs to be done I am so tired. I just want to fall asleep. Friends last night kept messaging me of course I woke up answered and fell back asleep Bahaha. Did I remember anything no. I came downstairs to do my laundry and my friend was like why didn’t you text me I was “sorrry I have other things on my agenda and texting you when I just woke up wasn’t in my priorities.”

I guess this not a frugal day if I used all my laundry credits up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Decided to cut grass in morning. No matter if I was in the sun or shade, those hungry flies found me and got some bites, even under my sunglasses. I'm definitely going to have to apply some kind of paste or topical ointment as the itchy and scratchy count increases daily. Ran some laundry loads in the early 5:30-7am time period, then did two more loads. Was super to have the lines cleaned before mowing, so when I was ready to hang laundry, it was go-go time. Discovery-my Airism camisole under a mediumweight cotton t-shirt got wet during mowing. Thus into the laundry it went when I finished grasscutting. Think the camisole works best for regular walking on a hot day provided an overlayer is lightweight. Still want a second top-maybe the t-shirt instead of another camisole. The camisole did dry within an hour on a lightly breezy day, so that is a laundry score (besides I have been wanting to test the camisole for mowing the grass, so a lighter shirt will be needed for a muggier day).

Ms Sunshine has been fading in and out this afternoon--I understand a thunderstorm is due later today. First batch of ice cubes will be made tonight, as I've gone through 11 of the frozen lemon zest or juice cubes. #12 cube will have to used in something today.

Anything cool or refreshing in the fridge or pantry has been out of stock due to warm evenings of late. Noticed in the Canadian Tire flyer (came by mail) that my tabletop fan is now $22.99 before taxes. Think it was three dollars cheaper in Sept/October when I bought it (for the hot days we were having and the old 3 speed oscillating fan was out of action at that point).

Was intending to put $1.30 into my account but brain screamed for cold Pepsi, so I obeyed and bought one. I still have salt cravings, despite having had garlic dill pickles and a tin of Rio Mare tuna for lunch. The Costco olives were finished off last night.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I popped into my local Value Village store, I saw an old Ibex flannelette sheet like I had in recent years and a Brooks Canada flannelette sheet set. Wow-those are gold in my books for bedding value! Must jot down summer sleep pants (or suitable fabric find) on my list if I go to Talize on Monday for the half-off sale. The flannel ones are too hot for wear now. Even the comforter is going to have to be put away when the nights are warm.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Went to get my pills at rexall and loaded an airmiles offer spent 25.00 get 50 airmiles -easy peasy,i spent 25.00 right on subtotal got 2 reduced hair conditioners3.74 maui and aveeno was 3.44 and dove hairspray was .99 plus a bit of snacks =53 airmiles

then popped into zarkys a local store -got buns and deli meat and a potatoe salad for supper tonight
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... For all those using the Carrot app with a paid subscription or not, they have completely shut down the app as of just a few hours ago... I've sent an email to them to get more info, and I am not 100% sure if it violates the Consumer Protection Act or not, but I will probably be messaging the Government to see if what they did breaks any laws.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since public health units are involved with the Carrot app, it would not surprise me if the program is affected by Ontario's budget cuts that many public health units have been chiming in over impacts to their populations. Could not find any Ontario news or News Releases about the app shutdown on the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term care site. Found something on the Carrot App Twitter account-2 posts:
    https://twitter.com/carrot_rewards/s...41973154406402
    https://twitter.com/carrot_rewards/s...42017626656771

The explanation-it was about running out of money. http://www.carrotapp.com/

@Angela_273 -not sure why I did not think of this bean recipe-have you heard of doubles? They are like a legume filled empanada/fried sandwich of Carribean origin. Might be worth a try on a cooler day when you have the time to make dough then the filling. Better than a bean salad yet again.
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...doubles-234097

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Since public health units are involved with the Carrot app, it would not surprise me if the program is affected by Ontario's budget cuts that many public health units have been chiming in over impacts to their populations. Could not find any Ontario news or News Releases about the app shutdown on the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term care site. Found something on the Carrot App Twitter account-2 posts:
    https://twitter.com/carrot_rewards/s...41973154406402
    https://twitter.com/carrot_rewards/s...42017626656771

The explanation-it was about running out of money. http://www.carrotapp.com/
    Well, from what we (the users) were told last year was that they did run out of government funding, so they were charging for the premium service (in my case 10X the points for $59.99/year, so 50 Scene points/day and 400Pts/5 days). I would assume there must be some kind of protection for this because it is separate from the cuts to government funding. We (me, my parents, and my friend) paid for a service that they are not providing despite paying for a service.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a fun yet productive day off.
    Have done laundry as i came and went.
    Dropped DS off at school then grabbed coffee and dropped one off to my bestie for a quick chat.
    Went to RCSS and GT. Grabbed tshirts, frozen fruit and raw almonds.
    Then spent some quality time with my guy. Made us smoothies. Did some thrift shopping and did well with $17 spent all on me! ( all like new condition-i won't buy otherwise. All very good name brands. I got a long skirt, sport capris, 2 tank tops and the cutest dressy/casual shorts. And they fit so well i love them!)
    Cut the grass ( my gym today)
    Cleaned kitchen.
    Drove DS to work.
    Put laundry away and just had a shower!
    Relaxing till i have to pick up DS.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jun 19th, 2019 at 05:45 PM.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information