User Tag List

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. this week just got busier.. the driveway people may be here thursday to remove the old driveway!!1 fingers crossed it should go well.

just cashed out for another 10.00 gc via sb the deal is a good one. hope it stays around for a bit
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home on my lunch break and cleaned! I feel so much better now. Now I can go home and continue on laundry then have a nice shower!
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I filmed the fireworks
    Fun to see the local fireworks, @cath007 ! Bonne fete!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Whoa, this week could be a hot one with humidity in Southern Ontario. Grateful for the cool breeze today. I am nursing a 36+h pulsing headache. Thought something I ate or the heat set it off but I remembered on Sat. night I cleaned off white and blue-green fuzzies that grew on a wooden tray table left (by another family member) in the humid cellar for some weeks...I might have inhaled some spores and got the headache as a result. Need to get some bleach to do a bleach rinse on the table, as I used my water/rubbing alcohol solution with tissues to wipe down as much as I could. Left the table out in the sunshine before I came the library.

Had to get a 6pk of water for Mom in small bottles yesterday and she's agreed to save the bottles for use during summer. Evian 330mlx6 btls is $6.99 at Longos vs $7.99 at Shoppers and the caps are deep ones. I washed out an empty bottle for use today and added some pink sea salt to the water to see if it eases off the disco pulsing upstairs in my head. I also bought some refreshments on the weekend-they'll likely last until Wednesday morning, when banking needs to be done.

Since no torrential rains seem to have come down this morning or afternoon, I'll hang the washed kitchen linens on the line when I go home soon. Might as well get that fresh air scent (provided no distant resident mucked out a livestock barn, because then the smell travels EVERYWHERE) while the sun comes out now and then.

As for garden weeding, I got maybe 1/3 done Saturday night and have to lift the floating cover, as the pea plants are about 10 inches high and some mesclun lettuces are nearing 5 inches in height. There's a local rabbit usually in the yard so the cover still has to in place but elevated and secured at edges to prevent "free salad bar" noshing by that critter or the other big one nearby. Mom's cucumber plants have half-dry leaves and likely need watering but Ii've not seen her in her section lately. Will remind her today. My no-show seeds include lavender, tomato, oriental poppy and herbs but I have one radish growing. Plan to pick some seeds out of the minibarn and reseed some sections with different veg and see what happens. The hydroponically grown lettuce root ball was removed as the stump did not green up nor sprout new leaves ( and I have not watered daily). Alyssum stalks are growing daily and a baby arugula salad might be possible this week-big leaves...

Two of four seedless cucumbers Mom purchased are consumed and I have a little red leaf lettuce remaining in the fridge from the purchase made about two weeks ago. Have to see if I'll get some produce at the store or at the Wed market, weather and funds permitting. Breakfast issue today was discovering only black currant jam in the fridge; when late Dad was alive, he always had strawberry and one other kind of jam on hand but Mom usually sticks to one variety and she does not realize it. I want a berry or peach or apricot jam and when I buy jams, I try to get a different kind each time to mix things up a little for toast or English muffins.

I last checked Walmart Supercentre on Saturday for the Live Better magazine-nothing yet!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Forgot to tell you how hard it's to find white paper doilies in dollar stores (one sold out) and Walmart (none-I looked in six different dept: cards, crafts, picnic supplies, baking pans (cupcake liners only), seasonal display and baking ingredients aisle) on Saturday! Managed to find last two packages at Dollarama. Had Mom told me a week ago, I'd have tried Party City first.
    https://www.partycity.com/ca/search?...ies&lang=en_CA

As it is, this time of June is peak bridal shower, graduation and prom party time! Be forewarned!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am always my friends saving grace for some reason I have to make rice for 15 people and have to find something to put with it. Hopefully what I am planning works. So far it’s peas and broccoli and eggs with rice and teriyaki sauce. Just waiting on my rice cooker.

I slept from 9:30pm to 11:50am. And I just want to go back to sleep I was rudely awoken to some a-hole pounding at my door. Maybe I will get more sleep when my friend leaves with the food. Because I am always to the rescue when it involves food and pot lucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok... question for the hive mind.....

car repairs... have they gotten more expensive.. we really havnt had any major ones.. and now have one... and the cost.. both hubby and i are bolowen away wth the cost. could it just be that we are out of touch with prices..

we have struts that need replacing onteh journey... and with everything it is nearly 2000... i am in shock..

ok.. so thoughts... has maintaining a vehicle gotten .. expensive..
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

car repairs... have they gotten more expensive.. we really havnt had any major ones.. and now have one... and the cost.. both hubby and i are bolowen away wth the cost. could it just be that we are out of touch with prices..

we have struts that need replacing onteh journey... and with everything it is nearly 2000... i am in shock..

yes, prices have gone up on parts, labour, etc. but with any major repair, always get a second opinion. I find private garages are more reasonable than dealerships and chain stores.

I was told I needed new suspension parts and when I went for a second opinion I was told not necessary, some bolts were loose (dealer vs small garage). My friend had her car in for a airbag recall notice and the Acura dealer charged her a $225 diagnostic fee as her a/c was acting up; whereas her regular mechanic wouldn't have charged her to check it, had she brought it in for her regular oil change.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gave my cleaning lady some items I got from the Chick Advisor yearly clearance sale that I don't use. Also paid for the person behind me at the drive thru at McDonald's today.

I popped into Fortinos and they had Ontario strawberries on for $3.44 ❤️ They taste so good and I have put them in cereal, yogurt, salad, etc. I ordered some Clinique items online as the site has 25% off and Ebates rebate is 8% - so 33% off in total, with free shipping.

Rain warning for our area......again :-(

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giselta-yes it is getting more expensive cars are ,my hubby doesnt go to dealers but local ones .We need front brakes in time ,may try to see if son's friend will do it for cash ,as he has a garage

Well had 2 filling refilled (they were cracked and old -lol)with the silver taken out ,man oh man I am still frozen 3 hours later but the cost was $91.00 after hubby's dental plan so not as bad as I thought.I think I will try to go to bed at 9.00 and sleep it off

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post

Agreed, car maintenance can be crazy for cost. I personally go to Canadian Tire (Although I have heard horror stories from others), and use Triangle rewards, combine with coupons and I am able to get my costs to be a little more reasonable. For example, I need an oil change soon and I shouldn't pay for it ($39.99 - $20.00 coupon - Triangle Rewards redeem). And for those times that the work is a little more, I can use the Triangle MC Financing (Equal Payment Plan for up to 24 months) which has saved me at times. From what I understand and have seen, they can be a little more pricey and upsell, but you just have to know what you are comfortable doing yourself, or what can wait/doesn't need to be done (I am always bringing my paperwork with me now to make sure I don't opt into something they think I need that I already had done)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I decided not to buy a swiffer and go simply with a dry mop as I have the kit already and it will be cheaper to buy a mop and m net product.As for the aspirator I will simply avoid to purchase it and use a broom more frequently.That will be frugal because I want to put my money on much needed clothes essential and shoes and sport shoes because I only have 1 pair of old used sport shoes who still..well fit me.

I accomplished less than tought today but steady win the race I repeat myself.Tomorrow is another day and I cannot wait to friday to receive my new fridge.Alright time to relaxing bath and then sleeping I hope good,I am exausted.Have a wonderfull evening everyone!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My sister and my mother go to mr lube for oil changes. My sisters friend works there and does a discount for them both. There was a tire place here in town that just recently closed down the wife ran up until her husband died recently she was 91. Like woah it was a staple in town.

I’m waiting for a suite inspection to happen hope they hurry up and my friend comes back with my granny wagon. I cleaned my suite yesterday and took all the cardboard, glass jars, tin cans, newspaper, plastics and garbage down to the recycling bins and dumpster room. I did all the dishes, swept and mopped the floor, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned my dining room table. I cleaned it for myself because I didn’t have anymore plates or cutlery left to use I asked my friend to return back all dishes and mugs and glasses. Which means she is going to have to do clean and stop relying on me to give her dishes and cutlery and drink holders for her to use.

I just had my suite inspection and they were impressed at how much I did. And reminded me about tomorrow’s appointment time with her to talk.

I’m really sore my hip is bothering me. Must mean thunderstorm or something else is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked on reebee the qc flyers.A few decent deals without coupons.QC strawberrries are coming miam.OMG I am so tired of my insomnia right now...before I was sleeping 9 hours a night now I barrely sleep 4 hours interrupted.I hope it is temporary.Will take some fresh air on the balcony and return to bed after.I am tired of thinking too much and i refuse to take sleeping pills.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks guys. , .. we use a small repair shop. he has excellent service , and no BS. equally hubby can get a loaner car from him. we are having him do a top to bottom inspection on the vehicle to see if we are looking at any other repairs.

ok tuesday. should be a good day. plan is splash pad park picnic. tomorrow is rain. and thursday is driveway friday .. well.... thats just a friday...lol.

supper will be something easy.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information