User Tag List

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning @cath007 Thank you very much for that tip on the Barilla coupons I forget about that source didn’t realized the found them was able to make a trade last night..

Quiet day here my Aunt will be visiting me today. She is a senior and lived on a tight budget. So my DDs got a box ready for her with essential since I always get things cheap.
    Since I can’t help doing any thing my DH make sure the kitchen is cleaned and the floors are still cleaned since my DD give it a good mop.
    Laundry will be doing tonight after 7pm and I am sure it’s going into the dryer.

Enjoy your day all
    I am glad you where able to get some without losing an arm like me lol.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Fridge is clean,hot stove is clean,microwave is clean,counters are clean....I am exausted....
    Will do the decluter this afternoon with father,
    I think I will make a visible note in the entrance lobby for the neigbours,I dont want to talk to them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama the size on the coupon is 475 ml and the one selling at Giantiger and Walmart is 455 ml. Not sure what's going on with that coupon if there is that size sorry to be bearer of bad news
    I think that is just a typo since there seems to only be one size for that sauce. But will take a look today!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok... question for the hive mind.....

car repairs... have they gotten more expensive.. we really havnt had any major ones.. and now have one... and the cost.. both hubby and i are bolowen away wth the cost. could it just be that we are out of touch with prices..

we have struts that need replacing onteh journey... and with everything it is nearly 2000... i am in shock..

ok.. so thoughts... has maintaining a vehicle gotten .. expensive..
    A relative had an airbag issue with her driver's seat-car was under warranty so repair got done. But it would been $3000+ otherwise and she and DH would have let it go had the matter not been under warranty.

Think of the repair as necessary $$$$ for now (peace of mind) but think back if any roads or areas have been particularly hard to drive due to the snow/frost/melts of Feb or any spring weather that might have mucked up the mechanical parts. Check to see if you have any warranty coverage on the matter too, unless the warranty is over.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hi good morning everyone. It looks like it’s a beautiful day out.
    My DH did the bathrooms mats so the are outside to dry.
    Also He cleaned the kitchen so that’s one task done.
    Today my DDs will dust, sweep and mop the entire house.
    Bathrooms was done yesterday.

Did anyone find those Barilla $0.75 coupons good on any. If so do u have any for trade. Please let me know. My sister look at all the Sobeys and Metro in her area and nothing the are all gone
    When I was at Upper James Metro last Friday, there were no coupons for Barilla or any other product I could find, as I went up and down almost every aisle.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cleaned out DS's school bag and have his backpack in the washer right now. His school uniform is in the dryer. I have 8 uniform pieces to sell since he never wears them. The money will be put towards new shorts in Sept. Will put his binder etc back in clean backpack and hang in his closet ready for Sept. I feel so organized!
    That's wonderful way to wrap up the academic year! DS will be ahead of many peers because he'll know what's moved along and what he'll need for next year. You rock, @Frugalbigmama (and the kids get planning tips from you!)!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    When we changed from winter tires to all season tires, the all seasons rode rough and made a noise. The service guy said new tires were needed. Shopped tires and found a deal, but still didn't feel good about the sudden change in the tires. Last summer, these tires did not have such problems. The service guy did not write anything down. So, went back to the service guy and said we weren't happy. Asked

if there were any specials. Got an offer for new tires for just above cost. They want to keep us as customers. They beat Costco's prices. Now I'm happy.

If you don't ask, you don't get.
    Any clues as to what caused the noise or when it began to become a problem? You might want to search online if other customers noticed the same issue on certain vehicles using the same tires.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    That's wonderful way to wrap up the academic year! DS will be ahead of many peers because he'll know what's moved along and what he'll need for next year. You rock, @Frugalbigmama (and the kids get planning tips from you!)!
    Thank-you! I just know how quick September rolls around and don't want to be scrambling then.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning was up at 5.00 a.m this morning -had to get to my son's at 6.10 as i was getting ashlyn off to school at 8.00 a.m as i had her thermos filled with water and ice for today will be warm as she got on the bus ,tiny as she is for 5 i said bye ashlyn ,she said 'wait nana kiss' I was so touched-ahh they are not little forever so I enjoy it

Then popped into freshco for the chapmans ice cream got 2 blocks 2.00 each and 2 boxes of ice cream bars 2.00 each -4.00 cpn=free for the bars wanted to stock up before the heat comes
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just booked our camping trip. I wanted to do something with the youngest this summer. Since he is into photography I decided to use that to pick a spot to go in Ontario and he would be interested in it because of the opportunity to explore and take pictures. Tobermory/Bruce Peninsula National Park it is! We were going to just make it a day trip but since it is approx. 3 hours and 15mins each way and you have to reserve a time slot online to enter etc I figured it was just easier to camp overnight. (difference in cost is $23!!) And now we aren't rushed and can enjoy ourselves. His friend is coming with us too which will be nice for them. So now I will get a Rubbermaid bin and start packing the snacks! I have written out our need list and will have it all ready to go So happy to have all the summer plans in place
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama-oh tobermory is beautifull we went about 3 summers ago ,just so serene

hung one load this morning -just went to indigo and bought a book of short stories for when we go away $2.00 and got the grandkids 3 small little toys -I will wrap them and give to them the first night

Cant wait to go to great wolf lodge with the small ones ,we are getting one of the new cabins for all 9 of us
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am glad you where able to get some without losing an arm like me lol.
    @cath007 it's always easy to trade with that member and I remember receiving RAOK also from said person. Was just happy I had stuff on the wish list
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's room is next on the "completely empty and clean and organize" list. He can not find his collared shirt for work. So I needed to get him one today. Instead of going to Walmart/Mark's (our only 2 new choices) decided to try the one thrift store in town. Found him a brand new name brand shirt (it's really nice!!) for $3. ( I don't dare tell him where it is from. Learned my lesson long ago. What he doesn't know won't hurt him) And I found a like new tank top for $1.50 for me (reg price $3 but today tank tops are 50% off) What a score!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jun 26th, 2019 at 03:53 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@cath007 it's always easy to trade with that member and I remember receiving RAOK also from said person. Was just happy I had stuff on the wish list
    I could not be more agree!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and Cie PM Super C : Chapmans frozen yogurt 4,99$(I know it is expensive it come sometime at 4,00$) and I had no coupon
    but it is better than ice cream shop price and I will have some for many others treats!!!
    (needed after a long day of cleaning)

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information