User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes the only way to find out what will work is to seek out a free trial of a remedy that is considered safe. I hope that people who suffer fibromyalgia can benefit from this information.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Rexall PharmaPlus

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i suffer extremely badly from fribroymyalsia to the point of not being able to walk, bend my knees, use my hands or sleep on my back or sides..my doctors have tried all kinds of medications with me and none have worked..right now i am being tested for ms...i hope god does not give that to me i am only 51 years old and i have been going through this for the past 31 years i need help and no one is helping me..i am trying to try this new drug i hope it works...i will let everyone know if does or does not

sincerely
    dee

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Dee,

I too suffer with Fibromyalgia and have for about 9 or 10 years. It took almost that long to diagnose me although I can now say that after years of doctors insisting that it was all in my head that's it's almost under control at about 85% and sometimes more...depending on the weather. I don't know where you live but I am in Vancouver, BC. There is a Dr. Hyams in Maple Ridge, BC and he is my Fibromyalgia doctor. First he put me on Cymbalta, which is an anti depressant and a fibro pain killer. I suffer from major lower back pain and have for about 4 years. Every morning I have to crawl out of bed and get the heating pad on my back to give me flexibility. The morning after the very first pill I took the back pain was ENTIRELY gone! I was shocked! Well that was absolutely fabulous but...there was a catch. I felt really strung out like I was high on some mind altering drug. I tried to stick with it for 4 days but had to give it up...I couldn't speak to anyone even my own family that I live with, I just felt way too weird. So I was put on a few different anti depressants but they were always way too strong for me. Then we moved on to pain killers. I tried a few. A couple of them worked very well but only for a short period of time like 3 months. Lyrica was one of them. If your doctor puts you on pain meds always make sure that you are weaned from them or you WILL go through withdrawal, I did twice and it is most unpleasant. However, since the pills weren't working long term for me he put on a narcotic patch called BuTrans. It comes in different strengths starting at 5 and goes to 10. It WORKS! AND IT WORKS VERY WELL! You wear the patch on your upper body ie; upper arms, upper back, upper chest. I find that it stays put on my uppers arms. I switch arms each week. You wear the patch for 7 days straight and on the 7th day you put a new patch on the other arm and take off the old patch the morning after. This way you are never without a patch and the new patch has time to get into your system. I hope this info helps you because when all seems lost there is help...you just have to find it.

Take care,

Shaleen

Thread Information