User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Flashfood rolled out in many areas of ON

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree regarding the pricing... Hopefully they will realize they need to be more aggressive with pricing if they want things to sell faster... I think it should be at least 75% off... or at least if they made it so that the discount becomes higher each day that it gets closer to the expiry date, up to 90% off to get it sold...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    I just downloaded the app, and see that RCSS here in Kitchener is now participating. There are maybe 12-15 offerings, mostly meat; however, I'm not seeing the kind of discounts mentioned earlier in this thread. Everything shows up as 50% off with pretty much all the Best Before dates being the next day.

The problem is that overpriced Strip Loin steaks, at say, reg. $16lb would work out to $8 lb at 50% discount.
    Why would I buy this, when RCSS regularly has super specials like $4.77lb (recent) - $5.xx lb on fresh AAA strip loins.

Also, I've never used my mobile device to pay for anything; frankly, I'm paranoid about it. I believe Paypal would be an option ? But how secure would that be, linking a bank account to it, in order to fund your PP account ? Just a little skittish.... Comments ?
    Pointsman likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I just downloaded the app, and see that RCSS here in Kitchener is now participating. There are maybe 12-15 offerings, mostly meat; however, I'm not seeing the kind of discounts mentioned earlier in this thread. Everything shows up as 50% off with pretty much all the Best Before dates being the next day.
    For me at least, the statements about Flashfood offering exceptional discounts would be much more credible if they weren't all from one person whose signature is a solicitation to use his/her referral link, and if this individual had provided actual, current examples.

It would be great to see prices that aren't mostly just 50% off, but I've had the app for a few months and while I don't check it every day, I have never seen any outstanding deals in my area, either during the test at the Oakville RCSS or in any of my local stores where the program rolled out a couple of weeks ago.
    Pointsman likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm intrigued by the mystery fruit/veggie boxes. There is an RCSS in Scarborough but it isn't close enough to me to warrant a trip.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

The problem is that overpriced Strip Loin steaks, at say, reg. $16lb would work out to $8 lb at 50% discount.
    Why would I buy this, when RCSS regularly has super specials like $4.77lb (recent) - $5.xx lb on fresh AAA strip loins.

Also, I've never used my mobile device to pay for anything; frankly, I'm paranoid about it. I believe Paypal would be an option ? But how secure would that be, linking a bank account to it, in order to fund your PP account ? Just a little skittish.... Comments ?
    I have my MasterCard attached to this and I have been using this app for the last year or so. Some things are not a good deal I agree... but u do have to keep checking as it may start out at 50% off and then will keep getting marked down. I don't know the rhyme or reason on how they price things... I just know u have to check it all the time
    Pointsman likes this.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Fwiw, the four locations closest to me have these offers atm that are below 50% off their regular prices:

Loblaws
    Yves spicy Italian sausage reg. 5.29 now 0.99 best before Jul 26

RCSS
    Antoine pepper pate 6.00 1.00 Jun 22

RCSS #2
    nothing

RCSS #3
    PC original cashew dip 4.48 1.00 Jun 22
    Bari ricotta light 7.48 2.00 Jun 25

@Pointsman Kitchener has one:
    World of Flavours Korean-style pork sirloin kebabs 6.00 1.00 Jun 22

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Yves spicy Italian sausage are awesome!!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

All three Loblaws stores in Mississauga are now live on the app, so I assume others are too or soon will be.
    Miss Molly likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Flash food buys today

2 X FF boneless leg of lamb regular between 27.00 and 29.00 each for 7.99 each
    7 X Maple Lodge split chicken wings regular 10.00 each for 2.00 each (works out to be about 1.50 a lb)
    Last edited by Thatdone; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Miss Molly and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Flash food buys today

2 X FF boneless leg of lamb regular between 27.00 and 29.00 each for 7.99 each
    7 X Maple Lodge split chicken wings regular 10.00 each for 2.00 each (works out to be about 1.50 a lb)
    for whatever reason the lamb always seems to be the meat with the best price reduction at my location.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to those who weighed-in on my original comments above ... I think I'm ok with using a low credit limit Visa account I have, especially, as was pointed out to me, banks will always back their credit cards, if one falls victim to fraud.

I'm still not seeing much at our RCSS that is better than 50% off, and no way to determine from the pictures what the meat cost is per lb.
    However, as the day goes on these offering seem to disappear, so obviously someone thinks they're a good deal.

I'm sure I'll take the plunge sometime soon, but want to talk to a CS rep at the store first to get a feel for the true cost per pound, so I can compare it to the periodic "Fill the Freezer" super sale prices, as I described earlier, in my original post.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm still not seeing much at our RCSS that is better than 50% off, and no way to determine from the pictures what the meat cost is per lb.
    However, as the day goes on these offering seem to disappear, so obviously someone thinks they're a good deal.

I'm sure I'll take the plunge sometime soon, but want to talk to a CS rep at the store first to get a feel for the true cost per pound, so I can compare it to the periodic "Fill the Freezer" super sale prices, as I described earlier, in my original post.
    From what I've seen, maybe around half the meat photos are clear enough to get the price per kg. For the rest, if you know what the usual per kg price is, applying Flashfood's % off (usually half) to that will give you a decent estimate of their per kg price. If you don't know the regular price, you can try looking it up on the RCSS site.
    Pointsman likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If you buy something and when you get there it doesn't look fresh, can you cancel? I get that expiry dates are on some things like yogurt where you can assume it's ok but if the meat is turning brown, can you say you don't want it? Same goes with the mystery fruits and veggies.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    If you buy something and when you get there it doesn't look fresh, can you cancel? I get that expiry dates are on some things like yogurt where you can assume it's ok but if the meat is turning brown, can you say you don't want it? Same goes with the mystery fruits and veggies.

So far everything I have purchased has been completely bang on. One time I bought two of four of a item and when I got there to pick up the purchase the person that bought the other two had not picked up their two so the girl said I could choose which two I wanted. I have not purchased any of the fruit/vegetable boxes yes but I would assume the quality would be the same as you would normally get from the cart they have in the store with the same kind of items on. I have not read anywhere there is no returns so I would imagine they would have to give you the money back so long as you have your phone with you and show them your payment from the app.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My Loblaws and a few more in east Toronto have joined in the fun!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like the Zehrs in Bradford is onboard with flashffood now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information