User Tag List

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    2 loadsof laundry done. 3 trades.... hopefully done. i am sure it will be fine. i am just never sure about trading . i figure it will take time for me to get good at it. lol.

supper was bacon and tomoato sandwiches. yummy!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went back to maxi after supper to see if they have restocked in flamingo chicken wings garlic and honey and nope....

But scored those
    1$ kraft bbq sauce chicken and back ribs x2 minus 2$ wub 2 coupon zone -=free!!!
    was impressed to find cushion for outdoords in clearance reg :10$ will never paid that clearance 3,94$ (might go for more tomorrow morning but I doubt they will be any left in this motif.will fit beautifuly with my sofa
    they are black and white(paid with my 10 000 pc points because was darn taxes)
    No name black pitted olives @1,00$ will buy more
    chicken Boneless and skinless @9,64$ for 5 piece might go for more as I want some frozen and some in bbq and dijonnaise
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I so hope to get my trade of mccain and kraft coupons this week..the person received her part 3 days ago so I dont understand...and coupons and samples this week

May go next Week end to a familly bleuetiere to pick up fresh blueberries.

Otherwhise Nothing planning for this Week will maybe go see friends and familly

Have a good evening and night everyone.

Didi not rain long today,so still hot.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

After days of useless price like joker and rockstar (I dont drink that) and gaz rebate(we dont fuel there) and no prices I won 1 bag of candy on couche tard app!!! Yay!!!
    ( I think that make a difference on what hour you play)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    i had a very productive weekend. and i feel ready to tackle the week. being organised really does help me alot

all 3 trades are done. and i am very happy with them .
    saved a tonne with coupons this weekend. i am so happy with that.
    my freezer is full of on sale icecream, my fridge is full of lots of veggies and fruits. and all the laundry is done.
    and i cashed out on another 10.00 0n swagbucks. the swaggo board is up for anyone that wants to know.

today.. swimming lessons. and hopefully a bit of garden time after work. i need to get it done like really need to work on it.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!!

Had a great weekend! Late nights but that is what summer is all about. Bonfires and music and food .

I did one load of laundry yesterday and hung most of it to dry (delicates) Once DS cleans his room and sorts his laundry I will have a load of darks and load of whites to do.

I had the boys move the white cabinet upstairs (the one I found on side of road that is perfect ) Deciding where I am going to put it but decided I will put my "stuff" in it. make-up, hair stuff etc. for now. It may fit in the closet so that is an option too.

Was going to pick up something for dinner last night but decided to pull the burger patties from freezer since we had buns and that was dinner.

Put away the dishes that were drying on the counter and washed the one cup that was in the sink...geez...it never ends!! Kitchen is clean. Fridge was cleaned out and stuff to eat up (grapes/cherries etc) I will buy more cherries on Wed (last day of $1.66Lb sale)

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On Thurs or Fri when I went to No Frills (I can't remember what day!) I purchased 2 cartons of the NN Lemonade since the sign said $1. rang in at $1.47 so one free
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy monday!!! Where did the week end goes lol??? Dishes are clean and in their places,I hope the qc flyers will have good deals to use with coupons this week,today is more cold.a good thing.Have a fabulous day!!! May do a liitle bit of cleaning this week in the kitchen,bathroon and spare room as my leg is now ok Enjoyed some fresh fruits for breakfest,great way to start the day,Cherries are down to 0,94$ lb at my maxi so cheap but I have already some,but may go for more at that price lol
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jul 22nd, 2019 at 09:59 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Where do you guys cherries come from ours in BC come from the okanagan. Did I tell you that my sister lives on fruit orchard in Vernon?

I grew up in farm land My family used to grow blueberries, massive rhubarb, carrots, potatoes, strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, radish, cucumber, zucchini, watermelon one year, 3 kinds of squash, pumpkins, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, onion and my mom had a herb garden growing off the side of the deck in planters. In herb gardens was chives, mint, basil, dill, thyme, rosemary, and sage. My parents have two acres of land And it’s in the ALR (arigcultural land reserve) better known as farm land. They have the view of the golden ears mountains.

So when we decide to grow things out back I was up for the challenge but because this time around he bought me herbs already growing I washed my hands of it. I was out back yesterday and because he split perfectly good plots in two most people planted 8 items. The tomatoes are over growing the rest of everything which figures. Each 1/2 should only grow up to 3 items because overcrowding will happen. Where the herb garden is happening there is no over growing because each won’t spread out which is good in some sense. Oh well they live and learn. It’s not my problem and what I know no one wanted to listen to me so I washed my hands of it all. Only know they want to listen to me by knocking at my door and ask me things. I told them it’s simple just 3 in the plot and no over crowding also feed them plant food and they will start to grow like weeds. I said that gardening is waiting game of patience and hard work just because it looks little does mean mean anything. I said the tops may look little but it’s coming along underneath. There’s no way to tell right now until they slowly progress and because they planted late in the season it’s harder to tell if there will be any crop at all.

Anyways I have two appointments today one at 11:30am and the other at 3pm. I am planning on staying in the mall where it is cool in between. Today is suppose to be up to 27C. Yesterday it got up to 33C. I have 15$ to my name maybe I can find something interesting to buy somewhere in the mall.

I get paid on Wednesday which is okay I gotta make a list of what I need. And what my friend Tracy needs she only makes welfare wage of $310 or something like that. And I am on disability and mak e like 810.42$ big difference after our rent goes directly to my landlord. Tracy does pay me money but I don’t expect a lot. Because she only gets 310$ a month to spend I sorta just help her along in the month with food, feminine products, and personal care products. I don’t mind because we both are poor and sometimes we need helping hands along the way. And it’s survival instincts go into play when you live on basically nothing to spend for the whole month. We both do other things on the side to make some money during the month for things. It would be easier if I didn’t live in the most expensive province in Canada. But this is where family is and I don’t feel right now to get up and move to a different province to start over. I wish some days that I was elsewhere, but I think everyone does that.

It’s my birthday in August I will be 35. Halfway to 70. My mom will be 67 this year. And my sister just turned 29.

Anyway now that I am awake I am going to make some toast because that is what I crave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Got coupons I was waiting for dont know if i want to trade them anymore.Sill no news of my trade but I will see the video of mailing tonight and we are only monday so...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Answer to @cath007 's QOTD yesterday: about 8 out of 10 times, I have a list for groceries (either a separate list or items jotted down on my things to do for the day). Coupons-I don't often have coupons for what I buy but I do recheck flyers to make sure I verify sale prices on items I'd like to get. 2 out of 10 times, I either know what is needed but sometimes just browse and buy something extra or I remember there's a 2nd or 3rd item to also buy and I try to get them on that shopping trip.
    Most frustrating thing for me is that I don't always carry a spare shopping bag or PC tote along with my library bag. So I can get some heavy groceries and either have to spend money on bags or try to fit the heaviest item in a bag with library items, umbrella, water bottle etc and carry anything else in my other hand. But I am making a point to use my shopping cart when I buy pop in cases or mineral water (bottles or cans) so I don't get too hot and tired carrying them by hand.

Yesterday, I was able to get the last plain Perrier in slim cans for $3.99 at Shoppers (only pink grapefruit flavour was left) but the full-size San Pellegrino 6pk was not on sale for $3.99 so I bought 3 x Diet Cokes for $5 (to get the contest caps).

Product news-while I was waiting to redeem my free Polar Pop coupon at Circle K, I finally saw the JackLinks beef steak strips in the cardboard bin with the bagged jerky. I don't know the price of the strips but I highly doubt the store would accept the B1G1 free coupons. Have other members spotted the strips at Avondale, Macs/Couche Tard or 7-11? Maybe the convenience stores are the only vendors of the steak strips.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rain was generous-9:30 pm downpour on Sat night, another shorter one after 8:30am Sun morning, then a lighter rain after 1am today. Decided to finish mowing small areas that got missed by the other two family members on Saturday then did a lot of branch/shrub cutting. Likely will have 13 yard bags at the curb by dusk. For some reason while snipping branches, I thought of the excessive branches like unlimited internet-seems great until you have to spend your time/energy dealing with too much growth in tight spaces. One other tree is a contender for likely to fall over near the mini barn one fine day. I pulled many dead wood sections from shrubs. Just want some spaces to open up for wildlife or cats but keep enough shrub height to act like a fence along the property line. Still cannot wrap my mind over how extensive the vines are in the trees along that line-it's like the Canadian version of the Amazonian jungle-the vines keep wrapping and winding and reaching everywhere. Tried to cut vines where I could reach them. Intention is deal with branches now to minimize any more trims or fall leaves later.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday...
    Family bike ride yesterday afternoon. Bought 2 cat toys at Dollar Tree for our kids to use while playing with the cats. DQ is in the same parking lot, so we redeemed 3 coupons for the kids. The coupons came from the free safety bike rodeo last month. 2 dilly bars and an icecream sandwich, had my water bottle with us to share.

I bought $140 in Groceries at Sobeys. Redeemed 3 rain checks, used $12.99 in coupons, earned 156AM. I bought 3 things of yogurt and got a box of chocolate cereal for free.

This morning we picked a little container full of peas for snack time. The mosquitoes are bad...they hang out in the pea patch and in the shade. Some of the kids already have several new mosquito bites, even while wearing some bug spray. I bought after itch for kids, it works some. My sister just recommended an Aveeno anti-itch cream...I didn’t know they made an anti-it h cream.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I looked at the ingredients for After-Bite in Walmart earlier in the month and was surprised to see eucalyptus and tea tree oil listed on one of the versions. Last thing I'd want is either of those strong scents on me after a bug bite. I may try the baking soda paste later today on my forearms (morning nibbles for the bugs!). This morning so many bugs landed bites on my back through my t-shirt--it was awful. Thanks for mentioning Aveeno-will check on it at Fortinos on my walk home.

Or I'll munch on a clove of garlic before I resume bagging the branches in the afternoon.

I did a little fridge clearing yesterday -one of my bags of salad got pitched (I failed to noticed two small holes in the bag when I put it into the fridge several days ago so one shelf got wet and I did not know why...), the arugula too; today, I pitched the second bag of salad. I did try eating the oak leaf lettuce and mesclun but the stalks are rather woody (not as bad as garlic scapes) and I gave up trying to eat the mixture.

A list of tasks and maintenance issues will be compiled tonight. It just appears that so many separate little things need to be done while the weather is warm/great for cleaning but lining up resources and dates is a later headache.

I expect to post tomorrow about a lentil pasta terrine from a Greek cookbook I have at home.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to dollar tree and came in when I guess everyone decided to shop. It was okay by the time I choose a line I got through it fast at first I didn’t want a bag then I opted for one. I went to a couple stores in the mall it was bare as there must be a rising rent increase. I’m now in the library the one place I really don’t come to often at all. Because I use the internet for all my research and recipes. I watched someone yank a computer screen off a desk and throw it onto the floor. Then throw a tantrum when they were asked to leave. They left at first but came back and cleared several shelves of books onto the floor. The police were called and several of them said “hello” to me and asked me where they were I said just follow the books. But I asked one of them lean over and told them what they were wearing and how tall they were. He remarked about the recipe I was looking as though we were just chatting about the recipe. I pointed out that the person looked like they were carrying several knives on them go figure they were and drew it towards the police coming towards them but the police double back around and disarmed them.

I am now at MH and it’s much cooler here then library the library sorta felt kinda still sticky hot. I know I am early but it’s better to be early then late in my books. Good day to come when there basically no one here. I am really tired and just want to go bed I also feel like I am not breathing deeply either. There is pain lots of it all physical. Considering I walked all downtown today. I got onto the elevator to come upstairs and this guy was wearing the same shorts as I was wearing. Gotta jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information