User Tag List

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    In today's Toronto Star: Ellen Roseman's column on SCOP and self-checkouts (Walmart) https://www.thestar.com/life/advice/...canadians.html
    Another reason to skip self checkouts. I'm surprised Walmart didn't honour scop, and I find Shoppers are the worse for that. I don't think Shoppers has ever honoured scop, even if the price is incorrect. Unfortunately as consumers, we really do need to pay attention, as I regularly find stuff that is incorrectly priced.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Both are names are on everything so I am responsible also we have been smart my mortgage is 1/4 of what most my siblings pay in rent so really $$$$ wise I am best to stay here.

I do not think she is depressed but I will see what happens over the next couple days. I tried talking to her today and that was a mistake I ended up walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    perhaps it's time for you to think about moving out? Sometimes family can be worse than strangers and take advantage of us.....time to think about what is best for your health and well being. Your mom knows you do stuff so she doesn't have to. It almost sounds like she might be suffering from depression? can you discuss this with your family doctor?
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find by far Shopper's can be the worst when it comes to Customer Service, I know a lot of people complain about Wal-Mart but honestly I find Shopper's way worse. It seems like every time I go in they are changing the rules.

I have been told the opposite of coupon girl, I have been told since they put an effective date on their once the sale has expired SCOP does not apply it is only if it is wrong during the sale. We have one store that is the worst for this they will literally have signs up that are expired for 2 or 3 weeks as they say SCOP does not apply.

Also I have had to fight so many times to use manager's coupons on products they are attached too as I have been told many times after they remove the sticker discount the price is too low, they cannot sell it that low, so they will just give a $1 off like they are doing me a favour.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I find by far Shopper's can be the worst when it comes to Customer Service, I know a lot of people complain about Wal-Mart but honestly I find Shopper's way worse. It seems like every time I go in they are changing the rules.

I have been told the opposite of coupon girl, I have been told since they put an effective date on their once the sale has expired SCOP does not apply it is only if it is wrong during the sale. We have one store that is the worst for this they will literally have signs up that are expired for 2 or 3 weeks as they say SCOP does not apply.

Also I have had to fight so many times to use manager's coupons on products they are attached too as I have been told many times after they remove the sticker discount the price is too low, they cannot sell it that low, so they will just give a $1 off like they are doing me a favour.
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm not shopping at the Shoppers on Hartzel here in St.Kitts anymore. Since apparently if I use a coupon to get an item for free, they act like I am personally stealing from them and will not honour anything. Not worth the hassle and stress, I will take my coupons elsewhere or just price match them!
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I don’t have the receipt today my mom paid for the groceries I gave her the money on top of $55 I was saving in my wallet for encase money.

But what I do have is coupons I saw at the front of the store I don’t use any of them I thought you guys might. The best coupons expire February 2020. I put them at the bottom of my little pile. I will take pictures. On my next post.

Instead of the Lysol cleaning products for $250 it was a $25 gift card. I really wanted the cleaning products I actually needed them my mom told me not to get the cleaning products in that aisle because of that reason. I was a little bummed. Oh well there is always shoppers I can go there. I didn’t take a lot of money with me and knew I needed some still for just in case. And I was right and there is 58$ in the bank because I have a limit on how much I am allowed to withdrawal from the bank in a day.

I’m sore and tired...it’s flicking hot outside currently 27C. It was only suppose to be 24C today. When does that not surprise me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Expires September 30, 2019

Expires nov. 30, 2019 2 of this one.

Expires December 31, 2019
    I have one of this one.

Expires February 29, 2020
    I have 3 of this one

Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

this is how my local shoppers is... a well as my local foodland store.
    both ... i rarely shop at because of it. even when i am not using coupons, i tend to try and avoid them .
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm not shopping at the Shoppers on Hartzel here in St.Kitts anymore. Since apparently if I use a coupon to get an item for free, they act like I am personally stealing from them and will not honour anything. Not worth the hassle and stress, I will take my coupons elsewhere or just price match them!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

i am ready for the weekend. seriously ready for the weekend. sigh.

last night i was able to get that part of the garden i had been working on done. i am really happy with how it is looking
    with any luck i will be able to get out on sunday morning and getmore done

my mom has a list of stuff for saturday. oh Pride parade is sunday... hmmm. i should go .. it always so much fun. and honestly i need a bit of fun in my life. and balance. i need balance
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think I will close my e-mail.outlook and fb until and smart canucks until it get fixed....I received a strange e-mail saying the person know my password and she want bitcoin in exchange or she will take the control of my computer...what is bitcoin???..and the person named a few passwords and she was right..how they knew that...I deleted the e-mail by fear but i am affraid....so if you see not normal posts ..it is not me.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Daycare girl isn’t here today, scheduled day home. Just received text regarding newest daycare boy, he won’t be here today. So just 1 daycare boy plus my own 3 children. Bit of an easier day...nice surprise.

This weekend there is a big event in our area. The last two years there was a free street fair/sale. Bouncy castles, sales, etc. This year I was very disappointed to find out that it had been lumped into this big weekend long event. $20 per adult, $10 for ds, twins would be free. Saturday is 30 before humidex.

Dh and I decided to take them to the new indoor play facility. It’ll cost us $35 for the day. It’s air conditioned, wifi, allowed to bring our own drinks and outside food. No bugs or sunscreen. We haven’t told the kids, it’ll be a surprise. Take kids home for lunch, buns and strawberries. Twins need to nap, then we can return to play some more.

No Frills
    $1 Kind bars - $1 Smartsource voupkn
    $2 Piller’s shaved ham 200g - $1 Smartsource coupon
    $2 Pampers wipes - $1.50 CO51
    $2/lb seedless grapes

Sobeys
    $3 crusty buns
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Even if the price sticker expired 2-3 weeks ago, I have been given the product free at Fortinos, just recently I paid 99cents (price above $10) for Iams dry cat food that was on sale 2 weeks ago, and they admitted the error, and removed the stickers immediately.

Shoppers has independently pharmacist owned stores - and I have noticed some of them are very greedy and don't honour scop, so I stopped shopping at those locations. I just feel sorry for people in smaller towns who don't have a lot of choices.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I think I will close my e-mail.outlook and fb until and smart canucks until it get fixed....I received a strange e-mail saying the person know my password and she want bitcoin in exchange or she will take the control of my computer...what is bitcoin???..and the person named a few passwords and she was right..how they knew that...I deleted the e-mail by fear but i am affraid....so if you see not normal posts ..it is not me.
    ignore that email. Everyone I know has gotten it. DON'T respond! Just delete it. Some sites that you log on are not secure, so that is where they found the password. I would just change your password and you will be fine.

the one email I got said they had video of me pleasuring myself, etc so I knew it was fake.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Yes I agree.
    lilo0003, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I pretty sure the 1 shoppers I refused to go is independently owned. They are always saying how if a date is printed on the Price Tag they do not have to honour an expired price. No joke you go in there store and they just do not remove sale signs there are signs up that expired weeks ago. One day I saw a woman fighting with a cashier over an expired sign and the cashier no joke said "Management told us since we print an expiry date on our Price Tags it is not a SCOP issue as you are aware it is expired and they will not pay staff to take the sign down over time customers will pull them down or a new Sale Sign will be posted."

Same store they had a whole cart of Chocolate Bars for $2.99/bar and every bar had $2 Manager's Stickers on them making each bar $0.99. I took 5 up to Cash, the cashier entered the first one saw it came to $0.99 and told me they could not honour the manager's sticker because the price was too low. I pointed out there was a whole cart of them all with $2 off stickers. I got told they are already on sale for $2.99 what more do I want. I said $2 off with the manager stick and I was told since I was causing a seen (I was not, my voice was not even raised) she would give me $0.50 off 1 only. I left them all and walked out.

Funny thing is the one closer to my house I got 8 chocolate bars for free with a manager's sticker and the cashier congratulated me on my great find.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Even if the price sticker expired 2-3 weeks ago, I have been given the product free at Fortinos, just recently I paid 99cents (price above $10) for Iams dry cat food that was on sale 2 weeks ago, and they admitted the error, and removed the stickers immediately.

Shoppers has independently pharmacist owned stores - and I have noticed some of them are very greedy and don't honour scop, so I stopped shopping at those locations. I just feel sorry for people in smaller towns who don't have a lot of choices.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I scored at dollar tree in maple ridge,BC...I bought 36 of these for 25cents and I was nice and left some on the shelf they expire July 31, 2019...

Someone asked me if they were for stocking stuffers I said birthday party stuff. They expire before Christmas I am not giving them out at Christmas.

Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Jul 26th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information