User Tag List

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Tonight after work we are going to go grocery shopping. Originally I was just going to stay local and shop but decided a trip to Costco was needed. I have to admit $$$ wise I am not happy about a Costco trip but it is needed.

Right now my plan is to shop tonight and prep tomorrow night. I want to cut up and pre cook some veggies. I like to have grilled veggies on hand that we can mix into Pasta, Rice or Quinoa for a quick side or even a salad.

I think at lunch today I will write out a plan since I do work better with a To Do List.

Alright well back to work. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Loving the deal on the Kraft BBQ sauce. Will grab a few more this week and use the overage towards cheese! That is all we really need. I bought feta yesterday to add to my chicken with sliced grape tomatoes and will make a Greek pasta salad with it tonight.
    I am on my own for dinner tonight. May just have leftovers but will see how I feel. Tomorrow night I will make burgers with fries and the pasta salad since we have buns to use up. Will make extras so kids can eat burgers for lunch on Wednesday.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -this morning I was shopping at the gap online I got 8 articles of clothing for $46.74 the girl from customer service gave me an extra deal as a special didn't go thru (buy2 clearance from old navy get 1 free)4 pieces of clothing for grandkids and 3 tops for me I paid 27 something ,lets hope they fit me ,2 were for fall long sleeve (gotta always think outside the box for deals)

Then shopped the bay for a toy for Sebastian's birthday in sept (bug catcher on sale and free shipping today only)

Round 2 of painting second coat of primer -gonna treat hubby to fortinos hot foods tonight and use my points
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama The RCSS that I shop at does not give overage or PM with online prices if the can’t see a start and end Date. You are lucky
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama The RCSS that I shop at does not give overage or PM with online prices if the can’t see a start and end Date. You are lucky
    I wasn't expecting an overage- I had 4 BBQ sauce to PM at .77 each. But Walmart changed the price on F.L.I.P.P. to .57 so it was a surprise when I was ready to check out. F.L.I.P.P. has the dates for the sale.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jul 8th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hi all...
    i am back from our vacation. we spent several days in Ottawa.. then on t Montreal for 2 . montreal driving is nuts. just nuts.

good points, visit with my uncle was amazing!!!
    got points every time we filled up with gas.
    spending time with the family was fantastic.

i am tired. just tired. i am glad to be home with my puppies, and family
    How are the roads in Montreal (potholes, construction)?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday (sunny, breezy, about 25C) was my ideal summer day! Perfect for a can walk and a stop into Winners (to try on hats) and at Value Village (no finds except a possible skirt for Mom, if she goes in on Tuesday to use the senior's discount).

Mom and I had a mixed weekend, temper-wise, on some ongoing issues. She only started to pack some clothing (she never got to ironing anything for three weeks)for the pickup last night after our second fight. She did not want me touching Dad's clothing (I had pulled out several items and she got mad)but was fine at looking at the housewares I pulled from cupboards and basement to ok for packing. I will ignore her the next time I find out about her promise to donate. My body is still feeling today the effects of carrying some heavy items up the stairs.

I was flip-flopping about ending my half of the garden in the past day and this morning, my mind was "I'm done gardening" so I proceeded to harvest the lettuces (later trimmed and rinsed twice before bagging for the fridge), left the flowers, hoed the section and cleaned and put away the stakes, net, etc. Will see if a clearance price rosemary plant exists at Lowes or Cdn Tire, as Longos has pretty much packed up the staff tent and everything left is on the walkway (tons of large pots of basil for sale).

Printed off this week's forecast and after today, we are back in swelter weather land. Plan to stock up on good olives so I can add them to my water, as otherwise I eat a large quantity of olives during hot days. Will go to Chapters to purchase the last item for a gift and be done with that shopping.

Need to focus on sewing a hat (fabric ones take up less space than straw ones) and figuring out the dress project by sewing test sleeves out a bedsheet that may be close the fabric weight I want for the garment this week. Need to price out notions too.

Yes, I want a daytrip to Toronto or Mississauga (change of scenery) if the temperatures drop next week. Too hot for buses to the GTA this week and I learned from last week's road trip to Burlington (too hot for yours truly or I need a cooler full of drinks and ice). A perfect time for said trip is if two of three thrift store chains have sales on same day, then I can plan on visiting Dixie and Dundas Streets as three chains have stores in that area!

Wednesday-Value Village has 30% off for club members on clothing and things.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Still not sure about where I'll find new runners. I am leaning towards using the cash for other things but I have to see the discount shoe store first. I may be willing to get summer shoes instead just to have slip-ons that fit me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Still not sure about where I'll find new runners. I am leaning towards using the cash for other things but I have to see the discount shoe store first. I may be willing to get summer shoes instead just to have slip-ons that fit me.
    I always buy runners at Sport Chek. On sale of course. Usually purchase around the $59.99/69.99 sale price with $50 off reg. price.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Ceil - road in montreal.. omg.. such construction. so much !!! insane amounts.

ok. today is my 19th wedding anniversary.
    i spent 4 hours painting the wood chairs i bought from costco . they look darker then what i wanted.. but so nice!!

supper we will do chinese.. order in.. and watch movies. we have a free one from rodgers from when hubby complained. so might as well use it.
    i have most of my blankets on the line. my bedroom will smell amazing .love hanging blankets.

my frugal... our shower head was all clogged... so last night i put a baggie of vinager on the showerhead... and left t for over12 hours... and volia... all the clogs are gone.

have fun all
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happy Anniversary @Giseledta !

OK, I purchased what seemed to be the only Go-Sip straw kit at Indigo-it was not with the drinkware/summer patio accessories but in one of the gadget islands near stationery/home dept (not in the impulse buy bins by the checkout lane). I noticed in ladies' accessories that summer wallets (watermelon wedge or citrus slice) are $9 (reg. $18) with sturdy zippers. Summer tea towels or napkins are marked down. Went to Sobeys to buy a Coke Zero (for the contest cap) then visited the Home Depot garden centre to find a limited selection of herbs and vegetables(4" rosemary $3.48 or 6" one at $6.28, same for basil; saw small fruited tomato plants, half-dried out onion chives and about 5 kinds of hot peppers in the 4" pots). Centre still has Burpee seeds for sale by the cash area if you need melons or parships or eggplants... I did notice that of the discarded pop bottles on my walk, none of them had contest caps for either major brand's summer contests. Yes, I keep looking!

The GNC store is closed and there's a dumpster in front of the store--guess it could not deal with the Healthy Planet shop that opened in the next plaza last month.
    @Frugalbigmama oh, if I was a size 10,Sports chek would be possible but I'm two sizes bigger. Believe me, I tried chasing a discontinued NB pair of shoes I wanted at that store 3 years ago but no size past 10 if it was in stock. Sniff, sniff

Tonight I will cook some curry powder with rice to have for tomorrow. Need to go home to get cash for the rice and olives plus snack bags that are on my shopping list.

Ms. Sunshine is giving a good light show today with Mr. Wind on backup breeze duty--enjoy them if they are playing in your region!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Anniversaary @giseledat to you and your DH
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta :Happy Anniversary to you and your dh!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-happy anniversary enjoy tonight
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG I am so but so pissed ,annoyed and frustrated....I wanted magazines to read first stop a conveniance store strang they did not have it but not my point ...I go 2 stop to Jean Coutu Pharmacy and bought Coup de pouce,Clin D'oeil and Elle Canada for a shocking total of 16$ and I had a 4$ rebate...Sure I like to read the morning and the evening on the balcony or before bed...but wow..so expensive

The better come....after I discovered a paper that you can subscribe 12 num for 20$ ...what...that is a joke....
    Compare retail and subscribed price is insane..that is just not logic and ok....so abusing...I think I will subscribe to coup de pouce and clin doeil....not going to paid retail price again never
    And I sure miss the What Cooking free magazines
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information