User Tag List

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Cogeco Cable remote control have died so I need to replace it and call or go to cogeco store..I hope they dont charge fees....I was not aware that could happen...so now (drama) I am stuck to the same channel for the time it will be solved.,..
    Phoned technical service on cogeco cable and the remote channel was jammed he give the instructions to dejammed it lol,..wow not impressed..at least 1 solved problem lol...
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Went to renew my medication in Jean Coutu and decided to consulting the pharmacist .glad I did...I will not have to go to walk in clinic tomorrow..but was ...bad news...my cellulose...(leg infection) because if a *(?&*(?&*(?& mosquitos bites,had not recovered at 100% even with antibiotics...so ....For 2 weeks because of the stiffness he prescribe me voltarin and if that not pass to reconsult because it wont be normal..so 3-4 time a days voltarin.My infection was take by the time just in time because otherwhise it would be more difficult to treat because it is nerves Under the skin.I could had suffer of artritism….so very scary..hope it will pass in 2 weeks...I dont understand I got the stonger dose of medication for that..so that costed me another 10$ for the cream and the 30$ the frirst time-= a 40$ infection……...grrr...hope everyone have a better Sunday than me..off to change my mind...
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Hot today so laundry dries fast. DH and I went for a bike ride this morning and did over 40 km but the last few km was tough. It’s and up hill climb to home. Stopped for an iced coffee along the way. Dinner is early or lunch is late, depends how you look at it. DS1 works at 5 so we will eat at 4 and then I will go get a few groceries for the week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I pay premium price for dairy free Ice cream a pint is $8.19 a pint I bought two and ice cream bars also dairy free on sale for $6.29. The ice cream by the pint is made out of cashews and the bars are made of almonds. I rather have that then pay the price with regular ice cream. I am craving something not sure what it is. At first I thought it was chips but I didn’t buy any to curve that craving. I am trying to decide to either make spinach pizza or 5 cheese pizza from presidents choice. I ate all the hotdogs in that package still have one package left in the freezer but no buns and running low on mustard. I have an appointment tomorrow. I need water bottles maybe I can kill multiple birds that day. I have doctors appointment on Thursday. I need to ask how I work the 3 1/2 weeks my doctor is away if I can get my meds like 2 the week after and have to have the other one delivered to me. It’s a big question mark to ask the doctor and Pharmacist.

I couldn’t decide which pizza to make so I am making them both. I am hoping some friends are around to have some pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Jul 14th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    back to work today.

i have a small roast for the crock pot for beef dip sandwiches later as i know i will be exhusted today. and i did not sleep well at all last night

4 for swimming lessons today. so .. park and picnic day.. actually that is the plan for th next 2 weeks....lol.

laundry is already hung. i am hoping to work for 30 min a day on the backyard... i suspect that is not going to happen. but it would be nice. lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!!
    @Giseledta - that is a great idea for dinner! I was planning to use the crockpot tomorrow and may have to copy that idea... But I am thinking I will use that cheap chicken I got. (trying to save the last 2 roasts I have till I can stock up again...chicken we have lots!) I will sautéed onions and peppers to go with it. Fresh buns is on the shopping list! Thanks for the great idea.

Busy day at work today but at least it will go buy quickly! Hoping to go for a swim tonight.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I haven't shopped yet this week (besides the 4 dairy free ice cream containers I bought on Thursday ) I need to review my list with the sales posted. Really don't need anything so thinking I may just buy the strawberries at RCSS and that will be it for this flyer week. I want to make something nice/good for dinner. My guy is working so will make it so it is easy to heat and eat when he gets a chance. Mushrooms/onions/peppers/zucchini for sure (fridge is full so need to use these up) and some sort of meat! Will cut up the fresh strawberries for a sweet dessert
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Have to return a Shoppers item, prepaid label was included, so I'm happy.

Received an email from RENs pet store - $25 off coupon, so tomorrow I will pop in and stock up, perfect timing as I was planning on going anyways. Also took advantage of free shipping and 10% rebate on Ebates at indigo' s, I love their candles, made in Canada and 25% off 🙂

will pop into Fortinos and hope I can get Ontario strawberries, as today is the last day for my raincheck price of $3.44

Also won $15 on the bachelorette bingo card, in spite of the comments about it. Any bacherlorette fans here?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I pay premium price for dairy free Ice cream a pint is $8.19 a pint I bought two and ice cream bars also dairy free on sale for $6.29. The ice cream by the pint is made out of cashews and the bars are made of almonds. I rather have that then pay the price with regular ice cream. I am craving something not sure what it is. At first I thought it was chips but I didn’t buy any to curve that craving. I am trying to decide to either make spinach pizza or 5 cheese pizza from presidents choice. I ate all the hotdogs in that package still have one package left in the freezer but no buns and running low on mustard. I have an appointment tomorrow. I need water bottles maybe I can kill multiple birds that day. I have doctors appointment on Thursday. I need to ask how I work the 3 1/2 weeks my doctor is away if I can get my meds like 2 the week after and have to have the other one delivered to me. It’s a big question mark to ask the doctor and Pharmacist.

I couldn’t decide which pizza to make so I am making them both. I am hoping some friends are around to have some pizza.

Breyers has a new dairy free ice cream out. Its made with almonds. I have seen 2 flavours (cookies and cream and Vanilla Peanut butter) I have only tried the cookies and cream (like it!) I bought the peanut butter one for DS to try. In Ontario it is on sale for $2.97 this week at No Frills and there is a $1 coupon out there. Maybe you can price match at your Walmart?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I constantly feel like time is getting away from me. I do not really feel like I have caught up from Friday but it is Monday so just gotta roll with it. With that being said I will admit I did not get much done on Saturday, I really needed a day off. I did manage to empty and re load the dishwasher and I also made 2 salad dressings.

Sunday is when I got to work, Sunday was my prep day. I used my Instant Pot to make a Batch of Quinoa as well we had a bag of potatoes that needed to be used up so I Peeled and chopped them and tossed them in the instant pot to cook. I turned the potatoes into Potato Salad, there were quite a few so I made 2 different Salad, the first is our normal Dill Pickle Potato Salad and the second was a Loaded Baked Potato Salad.

I also washed up all grapes and packaged them for the week. As well I chopped up some Peppers that were starting to go (Will grill these tonight, ran out of time yesterday). I also made 2 cucumber Salad, a German Cucumber Salad and a Greek Salad (No Lettuce, as Mom prefers to skip the lettuce). AS well I made grab and go veggie bags you just need to add dip to.

Lastly I made a 2 batches of Homemade Spreadables.

Doesn't seem like a lot as I type it but it took up most of my day but I was also stopping and resting along the way as per the Doc's orders.

I also did the dishes as I went so no sack of dirty dishes tonight.

Well I better get back to work and see what all I can get off my desk as I only had today and tomorrow get it all taken care of and I have now booked myself a meeting for tomorrow. One day I will learn not to over book.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama when i get my quartr cow.. i ask for some 3 lb roasts for this purpose. it makes it so east.

chcken ... i do the same way.. sometimes with taco seasoning ... sometimes bbq sauce

pork.. puled pork...

all fast easy meals.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon!!! The plan to the end of the afternoon is to go to iga and dollorama for some needed things.Then relax.Tomorrow I need to call the walk in clinic to obtain a appoitment for my leg and then hit yellow for some running shoes...But that will be the that is end.This wednesday it is the 12 anniversary of the dead of my mother and I am so sad...may writhe something for her in fb but that it...Not going to cemetary,too hard for me.........Hope flyers will bring good sale on meat and fruits for the upcoming week!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jul 15th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

New cashiers...I dont mind they are new but....IGA cashier forget to put my fpc as a value she just scanned it !!!...and after I said to her she called supervisor who say to me we cannot refund you ,here the coupon back ..I lost 2,50$.....please be indulgent to her grrr
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s supper is spaghettini, meat sauce, and carrot sticks. I’ll have tomato sauce with yves veggie ground round. Today is the 1 month mark on this vegetarian thing. Still no improvements.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be a relatively cooler day, so I’ll use the oven. Baked chicken breasts, hash brown casserole, steamed broccoli, maybe fresh watermelon.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m making monkey bread in the slow cooker downstairs. I am tired I was out today it’s 26 feels like 30 outside I am sorta used to it being hot now that we had the heat wave in May. But my feet kill. I had to buy the items for recipe for tonight and only had enough it seemed like cooking spray, and cinnamon grands. Little did I know I had enough for everything I made mom buy for me like 3x 24 pack of nestle water, ichaban 6 pack, vortamin cookies, some other cookies, hot dog buns, French’s mustard, and black diamond cheese slices.

I feel little ripped off a friend came over to make toast and took 4 slices of bread. They said they were making toast for themselves not a family of people. I should of bought more bread while I was out. Anyways I am going to make hotdogs I guess for dinner.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information