User Tag List

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I did my SDM shop today and was very happy with it
    28 Pk Dove Bars (4 in each )
    4 Royale tiger Towels
    2 windex
    After Coupons , personal points offer and in Store offer I paid $3.46 OOP
    Total before Coupons was $111.66+$14.54(taxes)=$126.18-$59.02(coupons) =$67.16-63.70 (points)=$3.46

All my Dove bars will be going to our local food bank
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I woke up in the am and wanted to go back to sleep but not even 2 hours later my new case manager from MH called me. We made an appointment for next Friday I said things have been rocky lately so she said she try to push up the appointment not even 20mins later she called me with an new appointment for this Monday. At first it was for 11am then I checked and have trauma counsellor appointment at 11:30am and it wouldn’t work so she arranged it for 3pm. I hope I can do both appointments I don’t usually double stack things like that, but we’ll see. I was going to go back to sleep but I was phoned by neurologist secretary who had an appointment for me with a doctor I cannot even say there name to for August 1st at 7:30am at a hospital close to Vancouver on the highway. It’s going to be rush hour by the time I get there. I asked my mom to take me she told me to take handi dart but I don’t have handi dart anymore I hate gravelling with her for rides. I don’t know anyone else that could take me and right now it seems like.

This would be different if it were closer like new Westminster or something close to the sky train but it’s not it’s Burnaby.

Anyway my day off is going slow and I am not in a good mood there is lots of noise like hammering and scraping of furniture plus a screaming banshee. I had to call downstairs already once about the screaming banshee in the hallway now I hope someone whose closer whacks it with a stick. Aw the joys of living in supported housing building. Maybe I can go back to sleep now I hope right?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@greentires4me you are wise to not stack your MH sessions as they are so draining. Nice that your provider moved you up but maybe try to make sure the next day is just a day of rest.
    We had so much rain here today, but still so humid. But the skies have cleared.
    Our pup is recovering well and it was good that we did not delay at the tumour was quite large.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -nope hubby and i havent been to toma lo-dont like spicy foods at all
    today I did nothing slept on the couch a few little naps -must have needed it

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went back to maxi and cie they did not have again 5$ giftcards but scored another 5$ mediteranian this time souvlakis 6 in a pack for 5$ they had about 10 left ..wow this deal was going fast. After I did go for a walk and buy a 1,00$ ice cream cone at mcdonals lol
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We’re starting to enjoy some new garden produce. Swiss chard, first peas of the season, baby zucchini on the plant. Unfortunately two of my tomato plants are suddenly unwell and I don’t know why. One plant will probably die. The other one might stand a chance. Tomatoes are developing and the plants are growing quickly. Lots of flowers on the potato and bean plants. Still have plenty of dill, chives, and rhubarb. The carrots look good but obviously won’t be ready until the early fall.
    Lucky you !!! I love rhubarb in cakes.My uncle in the past dont know for now I dont see him had a garden with vegetables and rhubarb.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @greentires4me you are wise to not stack your MH sessions as they are so draining. Nice that your provider moved you up but maybe try to make sure the next day is just a day of rest.
    Our pup is recovering well and it was good that we did not delay at the tumour was quite large.
    so sorry for your dog...glad is recovering well
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had to stop at Sobeys for a prescription refill. I found medium-firm tofu on clearance for 99c, best by July 20. I bought two. Any suggestions? Our location had lots of this exact type. Figured I’d try a recipe tomorrow. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten tofu.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 we make Tofu all the time . We would marinate it and then put it on the grill. We also put it on kebabs instead meat. Great for tacos also
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 glad that your pup is doing good after his surgery.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 forgive me for posting about this here, but was your pups tumor called a mast cell tumor? We are right in the throws of booking surgery for one of our older Shih Tzu's ( Murphy, he is 14 ) . Up until now both our dogs have had " lumps " here and there, but they were always examined by the vet and they were soft/squishy to the touch and totally harmless apparently ( pouches of fat or other fluid ).

Is your doggy very old? How large did they say the tumor was that they removed? Also how long is the recovery time afterwards? ( or does that kind of depend on the dog itself? ) Murphy is such a docile, easy going guy so we are hoping he comes through this procedure well.
    Darn PM function still not working here.....or I would have pm'd you.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Dinner last night was BLSL chic breast and corn on the cob on the grill with kale salad. Was really yummy.
    Then we made ice cream cones and went to the beach swimming. 2 Beaches actually. We tried 2 new ones and love the 2nd one we found. Swimming at 9pm is awesome
    Ciel, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! My right leg is less stiff..so good news..I need to buy more voltaren.Today the plan is to order some coupons,finish the survey for recycle bank because I want my 3 others magazines and then just relax.Not planning to go to grocery store for sale until Sunday.Have an awesome day,we will have a heat wave in qc for the next days(canicule) so yay for ac.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @lilo0003 forgive me for posting about this here, but was your pups tumor called a mast cell tumor? We are right in the throws of booking surgery for one of our older Shih Tzu's ( Murphy, he is 14 ) . Up until now both our dogs have had " lumps " here and there, but they were always examined by the vet and they were soft/squishy to the touch and totally harmless apparently ( pouches of fat or other fluid ).

Is your doggy very old? How large did they say the tumor was that they removed? Also how long is the recovery time afterwards? ( or does that kind of depend on the dog itself? ) Murphy is such a docile, easy going guy so we are hoping he comes through this procedure well.
    Darn PM function still not working here.....or I would have pm'd you.
    Hopefully the details wont be too gross, but he had two removed. One we found and it was sort of soft, squishy and movable and caused him no discomfort. It was on his back end by his "junk". The vet found the one that was the biggest concern as it was basically wrapped in the muscle of his hind leg and was about the size of a 3 fingers. He said it was a fibrous tumour, so it was wrapping itself around muscles. We did have a biopsy to make sure it was not cancer. As soon as he found it he said we had to take it out, I was not happy about the rush because it means part of his recovery will be when we are away, but he said it was growing quickly and could create bigger issues if we delayed. He is a rescue beagle mix and the vet guesses he is 9 yrs old, we have had him 7 years. The cone of shame is the worst part as he is a short dog so he forgets to look up and then he runs into stairs (mildly entertaining now that he is recovering) . He was really dopy on Monday and the incisions are gross but I would say he has returned to his usual lazy, happy self. Dutch is also a very low key, docile dog and overall not too bothered by much.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was the vet able to deduce what might have caused your pet's health problems?
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Jul 18th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information