User Tag List

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine has only been shining brightly in the past 15 minutes. Most of the morning, an indecisive grey sky (aka watery sky) left me to put one set of sheets outdoors on the lines and keep the rest indoors (less chance of soggy laundry). Now I'm a fool and will have to hang everything else when I get home.
    Given the warnings of over 40+C with humidity tomorrow and Saturday, I'll need to get some more beverages and a sale personal care item at Shoppers on my walk home. Woke up tired several times in morning, had a different dream with a small house and property and people (kids in winter gear and I were sorting through stuffed toys in rafters of a small room-I saw one old stuffed yellow bear I remember from childhood days) I don't recall but my mind must be telling me something. I will also take a nap, as the heat seems to be pro-nap for me but I ignore it sometimes in order to try to stay on my regular bedtime/wake cycle.

Saw this article in the daily paper this week-if anyone's bored and overheated, you might want to organize your kitchen supplies! https://www.thespec.com/living-story...-your-kitchen/

Personally, I am leaning towards changing the kitchen towels. About 3 of the 7 towels bought in January are looking stained but not yet ripped and I am constantly looking at new towels in stores. As for our two utensil drawers-Mom and I are waging war by putting certain items in the other drawer to drive each other crazy. I'd like to remove some items permanently but she wants them. That rubber ring from the Canadian Living magazine 2018 buy is not always effective at gripping and opening a jar lid like a teaspoon handle wedged under and made to pop the vacuum seal. Might bin the rubber thing and put out the rubber round grips I bought into the drawer instead. Sometimes I have trouble getting a finger under a can tab and no, I have not bought the Lee Valley Tool gadget for that very task yet.

Yesterday's market buys-$2 head of garlic and $3 bunch of celery. I had juiced about 3/4 of the bunch after cleaning and trimming with a small field cucumber, one clove of garlic and two medium carrots. Had one serving of juice prior to supper and the other serving early this morning. Also rinsed out one pop bottle, put in water to the 2/3 level and added several frozen raspberries and froze the bottle over night. Best idea! It's been perfectly refreshing for over 2 hours today as the ice melts. Have another water bottle with me as a backup.

Found a dime in the bike lane on the walk home. Did an after-supper can walk and found nothing. But bugs tried to dine on me! No luck on a $2 scratch lottery ticket (Ontario Big Love).

Before I go to Shoppers in the afternoon, I plan to get a freebie at Circle K, the pop or the hot dog. Coupons expire on July 23 and it's the 18th!

Got the Walmart flyer in the community paper bundle yesterday but not the Hudson's Bay flyer. The shrinking flyer syndrome is not just on the Walmart flyer but the Cdn Tire, Lowes, even Food Basics, and Shoppers flyer. Magnifying glasses could be a gift idea soon for most of us still relying on print flyers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Air Miles sent me an e-mail about getting 50 bonus Air Miles if I earn at least 1 AM this weekend by July 22 at partner stores. Check your e-mails in case you have this offer. Must click on link to apply offer to card. Not sure I'll make it to Rexall or Sobeys but I could use the points boost as I'm stalled at 82 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 thank you very much for the details, no not too graphic or gross. The urgency that the vet suggested for removal is the part that would have seen me act right away as well. Waiting can be the difference in it's growth. Again I so appreciate your input. This is a first surgery for us wrt any of our pets. I mean other than neutering/spaying or teeth cleaning.
    Get well soon wishes for your sweetie Beagle-mix!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided to take the afternoon off (and tomorrow!!) Too nice out to be stuck in an office. Took DS to the beach for lunch and some arcade games. He didn't feel like swimming.
    After i dropped him at home i went to Food Basics and found steak on clear out for $2.49lb! Cheaper then ground beef! I bought $40 worth and it is all individually wrapped and in the freezer. Gave the upright freezer a quick clean up too. Kitchen is all clean. Fridge cleaned out. Did a load of laundry and it is drying now. Productive afternoon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am not looking forward to the heat tomorrow... i am very concerned about what it is going to be in the am.....

We had tacos for supper... nice and light.

not sure about tomorrow. but i am sure i will figure it out.

any hoo. hoping the weather will not be bad as they are saying....

we are waiting t o hear about our youngests car... its getting frustrating...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I'm sure the beaches will all be busy. May wait till later tonight to go. Think I will do some running around this afternoon. In air conditioned car and stores

Think I may grab some wraps and make steak wraps for dinner with salad. Will see what I decide while out shopping.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! TGIF!!!! I hope to receive my 3 trades and some coupons i ordered to make another trade today.Will pop out to go posting 2 letters,go to harvest marche,iga and then staples because I saw in the deal a thread they have good back to school price for things I will need in september .And then do survey to have my 3 magazines and continue to writhe to compagnies.I did 2 last night.,..We have rain and it is very humid so ac is on...Oh and I need to go to jean coutu,I need more voltaren for my right leg who is now in good shape but will finish the 2 weeks of voltaren as my doctor said.Have an awesome day all!!! Top box circle have a mascara lancome sample in the samples section ,I ordered mine yesterday so cool!!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Maybe DS will want to go see Toy Story 4 later this afternoon. That would be a nice cool place to go. And they have frozen yogurt
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

2 trades from smart canucks
    I am really waiting on a trade and the person received her 3 days ago.....

Still waiting coupons compagny and some top box circle samples and dove samples...dont know what is going out with canada post postal mail???
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    2 trades from smart canucks
    I am really waiting on a trade and the person received her 3 days ago.....

Still waiting coupons compagny and some top box circle samples and dove samples...dont know what is going out with canada post postal mail???
    I find mail delivery very slow in the summer. I never seem to get mail delivered on Monday's or Fridays.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Shwa girl thank you for posting in the deal section !!!
    Went to Staples and got :
    I went this morning and got
    limit of 6 but did 2 transactions : 12 notebooks 80 pages 1 subjet @ 0,10 cent wow

limit of 6 so 6 150 sheets refill paper @ 0,35 cent wow

4 Simply wood pencils package of 10 @ 0,29 cent wow

OOP: app :5$ wow saved a bunch of money thanks for posting !!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ds wants to make a large batch of haystack cookies aka chocolate drop cookies. I pulled a bag of coconut from the freezer and put it at a sunny window to warm it up.

Tonight’s supper plan is perogies, fried onion, boiled mixed veggies, smokies for the family and Yeves veggie ground round with bbq sauce for me.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sharing Because I know you ladies will appreciate this. We have not qualified for the CTB since to was given to all families for that 1 or 2 years. So imagine my surprise when today we received it for our younger son and it was twice as much as we ever received for two kids. Of course this is a results of DH not working at all last year. So this is going into retirement since he is now back to work and the RESP is already at the max.
    Took today off work to help with my aunts garage sale, it’s always lots of fun. But man was it hot.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all.
    today was .. interesting. ..

i am hoping the weather evens out soon. today was just to much weather wise.

tomorrow., i need to help out at my moms, then grocery shop . after that .. i am just going to relax. i need to find a bit of a balance.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tonight was interesting in fb ..my father made me an invitation request my aunt too and my cousin,but dont want to be friend with mother sister she is not nice and her 2 childrens..Will pay attention to what I publish .Have an awesome evening all. @Giseledta : please remessage me if you are still interessed in a trade.Thank you
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information