User Tag List

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    The house is in Hacketts cove. Beautiful view of the bay. Just between Halifax and Peggy’s Cove. We are here for 4 days and then we have family to stay with for 4 more days. It has everything we need and lots of meals will be here but dinners out to enjoy the local fare. We live a frugal life so that when on vacation we can splurge. The harbour hopper tour was so much fun, my mom is with us and the kids love having gramma even at their ages.
    I am really looking forward to our week away for family wedding with Grandma/everyone together. It's important for sure! Have a great trip!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Jean Coutu(QC): definetely will not put my foot again there with coupons...I am so pissed
    I went for the free lipstick day (you purchase 5$ they give you a free personnelle lipstick free value of 5,99$ just paid the taxes) fb jean coutu promo page) and I got refuted to pass a fpc with that...it is one or the other...no place it is marked not in with any other promo..so they make their own rules ..so stupid;...anyway I bought 2 artisan Lindt chocolate bars at 2,99$ each.so I got the lipstick but so annoyed...I will go for sales items without coupons and my médications that it ,they will lose my business
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

anyway I send a e-mail to jean coutu...will see...
    Got my mia trade 3 weeks after because the person did not put 2 stamps on the enveloppe grr...some people
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. downstairs bathroom done, and pantry done. sounds like alot more effort then it really was. lol.

middle will mow later.
    i will pop into foodland and grab 2 items.

i am wondering if they will do a blue friday sales this friday... hmmm
    middle child spent 40.00 of my airmiles on snacks last night. ... i am not fond of seeing it under 1000 airmiles... lol
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok.. downstairs bathroom done, and pantry done. sounds like alot more effort then it really was. lol.

middle will mow later.
    i will pop into foodland and grab 2 items.

i am wondering if they will do a blue friday sales this friday... hmmm
    middle child spent 40.00 of my airmiles on snacks last night. ... i am not fond of seeing it under 1000 airmiles... lol

Please let me know the next time you notice a "Get Airmiles when you buy a GC promo" please and thanks! I know you are always on top of it
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post

Please let me know the next time you notice a "Get Airmiles when you buy a GC promo" please and thanks! I know you are always on top of it
    will do .
    barbis9, Ciel and Frugalbigmama like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Jul 29th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Holy cats, in Nova Scotia and man groceries are expensive. Especially when you have to buy now and can’t wait for a sale. We have rented a house on the water and plan to do breakfast and a few dinners here. But really want to enjoy the cuisine so there will be lots of meals out. Saved my pc offer for hot meals from last week and picked up a roast chicken for dinner tonight. Saving where I can.
    How's the weather? Best friend and partner were there in first two weeks of July and it was raining all the way on their drive to NS. She said next time a flight is in order.

The retail sales tax is higher in the Atlantic provinces. Think NF is the highest.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I did an early (before 7am) walk for containers, after the moody sky finished with the rain. Could feel the humidity rising by 7:15 am. Found 5 containers, a quarter (yay) and a Chapters gift card (balance checker says $2.48 left!). Popped into Walmart for the 97 cent paper (400 pages) and checked on the Bic Atlantic pens (3 or 4 pk, including pastel or comfort style or original) which are $3.47 until Sept. 15/19 (ON). No 12 pks of pens on the shelves, so they are truly online only items as website indicates.
    Managed to watch two Korean movies, then noticed some of my zucchini had liquified so I dealt with the remaining ones in saute form and also cooked the two red potatoes into a quick mash with butter. The breezes outside were great when the wind picked up but indoors, it was too humid (thanks Coke for getting me through part of the day with ice too).
    Had an early rising today but was not in a mood to do laundry. Forecast possible storm around suppertime, so plan is to do some hand laundry and hang it outside then do a fast mowing in the shady parts of the lawn.

Was so happy to have enough change to buy a Pepsi this morning! Definitely a heatbreaker for me.

Saturday night, I finished my fast and furious weeding of Mom's part of the garden. It's on her to do the upkeep if she bothers.
    Have some heavy yard bags to put by the curb tonight. No plan to cook unless it's for fresh rice with herbs! Probably will be lazy-just boil the water and rice then let pot sit on the stove for 15min without heat. Should work.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks @GoodBoy for posting about the midweek thrift sale! I have not seen the e-mails yet so will check now.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Urgh!! I have to stop shopping online. Overspent this month and need to cut back drastically next month. I keep buying little things, but they add up. Any suggestions, besides cancelling my intenet?

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Urgh!! I have to stop shopping online. Overspent this month and need to cut back drastically next month. I keep buying little things, but they add up. Any suggestions, besides cancelling my intenet?
    Have someone trustworthy hide your payment cards?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Thanks @GoodBoy for posting about the midweek thrift sale! I have not seen the e-mails yet so will check now.
    Welcome. Edited the original post to add the fine print

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Purposely get your password wrong several times (think 4x or 5x)for your online debit card access. Your account will be locked and you'll only be able to use your debit card at the bank or ATM but not in-store or online. My card is locked for 4 months now and I have no Internet at home yet (need a device) in order to reset and update my bank card online. Sigh-I miss shopping at Well.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Indigo has 20% off SMEG kitchen appliances until August 4, if you are fans of the retro styling.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information