• 2 Post By GatineauGirl
  • 2 Post By mulock
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 4 Post By couponmummy
  • 2 Post By GatineauGirl

Thread: SCOP on expired ad - help!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a package of Coffee today at Provigo because the posted price was $4.99. When I checked the receipt later at home, I saw that I was charged $7.99. When I returned to Provigo, I was told that SCOP didn't apply because the posted price had expired. When I asked where that was stated, the customer service representative showed me a very tiny printing on the posted price, stating that this price expired yesterday, so I did not qualify for SCOP.

Does anybody know if this is the correct way to process SCOP? It seems unfair to me that I bought the item in good faith, based on the large, advertised price. To not honour this seems deceitful; it's misleading. So frustrating!
    This thread is currently associated with: Provigo
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Fri, Jun 28th, 2019 at 07:18 PM.
    cath007 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's shady and poor customer service from Provigo. I'd return the coffee and complain that the small print is difficult to read for those with visual impairments .... they are being dishonest by making the date so small no one notices it.

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    I bought a package of Coffee today at Provigo because the posted price was $4.99. When I checked the receipt later at home, I saw that I was charged $7.99. When I returned to Provigo, I was told that SCOP didn't apply because the posted price had expired. When I asked where that was stated, the customer service representative showed me a very tiny printing on the posted price, stating that this price expired yesterday, so I did not qualify for SCOP.

Does anybody know if this is the correct way to process SCOP? It seems unfair to me that I bought the item in good faith, based on the large, advertised price. To not honour this seems deceitful; it's misleading. So frustrating!
    GatineauGirl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I assume your purchase was made in QC, so you might want to check if SCOP applies. I'm under the impression it doesn't because there's provincial legislation. If so, you will have to check if and how that applies to your situation.
    GatineauGirl and dededi like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

In Quebec, if the posted price on the shelf is lower than the scanned price, you definitely get a SCOP.
    No matter if it's expired. If the tag is on the shelf, you pay that price.
    You just have to show proof. Did you take a pic? They give me SCOP and remove the tag right away.

If they refuse to honour the SCOP, I point out the sign, all stores in Quebec must have the sign visible.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really appreciate your feedback, everyone! It feels so good to be validated. I had stopped shopping at Provigo, but tried again because the traffic here in Gatineau over the bridges to Ottawa is horrendous. I'm going to try the bridges again.
    cath007 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most grocery stores have new sell on Thursday, which mean previous sell will be over. That's very common ( Unless you are in the west coast. New sells start every friday. )

Thread Information