User Tag List

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    lots of rain over night

we have teh last week of swimming lessons. sigh. i will be happy when it is done. . get back to doing fun stuff.

i have to call teh dr for my youngest this am. get her in soon to see him

supper is tuna cassarole.

i have a sdm offer spend 40 get 20 x points. so i will do that. i need cream . lol i am nearly at 600 for middle child to use. i cannot believe school starts in 2 weeks. i am not ready for that.

ok.. off to get tea and start my day
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes a lot of rain overnight and some magnificent lightning also!

Was up early this morning to trim and tidy the front. Tomorrow will be the back.

Now time for some breakfast and coffee.

Have a marvelous Monday all!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Hoping everyone summer is going great. Was away for awhile spending time with my side of the family. It was a great 2 weeks getting to catch up with everyone.

Now I am back couponing hunting and being frugal,
    Have a great Monday all

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Yes I can't believe there are only 2 weeks left till the Sept long weekend!! Oh my. Thinking I am taking Thursday, Friday and Monday off. Then I can get going on some projects and still have fun/beach time.

Didn't spend much for groceries yesterday but purchased items to make good meals. Will plan accordingly to use stuff up and eat well at home. Lots of wraps to use up so quesidias is a good plan since both kids like and I can make up extra in the fridge to grab and eat.

Last night I made rice, homemade mac and cheese and chicken. We only ate some of the mac and cheese so I have lunch today and we have leftovers to use up the next 2 nights (no one home tonight so fend for yourself)

Have a great day everyone!

Laundry is on the go and have been putting away as I go. I need to fill 2 garbage bags tonight from laundry room to put out to curb tomorrow. I need the space back so I can clean it and organize.

Just cleaned out my purse and have my coupon bag ready to add the new coupons found at RCSS etc. Off to clean up the budget/credit card from weekend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I sold 3 items for a total of $55. I also sold tomatoes for $6.

I have several pick ups scheduled for after nap time today. It’s adding up.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Sure could use some turbocharging sunshine here. Soggie last couple of days. Oh well. That too shall change.

Hope all have a stupendous Sunday and wonderful week. Should be pretty quiet here. Just finalizing (eek!!) Xmas plans!
    Ms. Sunshine did shine brightly after yesterday's and today's rains. Moody clouds still lurk overhead in Ancaster. I'll have to wait for tomorrow to deal with the rest of weeding.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Am surprised to still have about 4 peaches left in the fridge after I had two with breakfast. Best $2.99 purchase of Friday! Will need to work on lunch and dinner ideas. Sibling has not obtained any groceries over the weekend (his own takeout meals are exceptions). I was not amused to see him leave the cooler outside for two days. It'll need cleaning again as bits of nature have applied themselves to the waterdrops on the lid.

Somehow, Netflix is working again (brother has no idea how that happened as he never got it to work in July after the crash) and I got heck for causing the DVD player not to connect to the Internet again. Sibling must have rebooted the router downstairs to get Netflix/player to connect. While I checked My List on Netflix, I noticed only about 35 titles are saved. I must have lost some in July when the Netflix/player connection crashed. I watched Shoplifters this morning and it has some similarities to Nobody Knows (by the same director). The ending-very last scene had me worried.

Managed to start a new book over the weekend, as I stayed home yesterday. I seem to be the only family member checking daily for any tomatoes or cucumbers that are ripe enough for eating in the garden. The other two members do the eating...

Fabricland has a new sales Ontario Region 1 flyer going for fall, plus a mini crochet plantholder pattern on their blog: https://blog.fabricland.ca/

Simplicity Patterns is also promoting fall sewing with new patterns.

Has anyone checked out Talize's 50% off everything sale today? Don't think I will go to the store as the local one does not have anything I really need. I may make an exception if Mom wants to check out something but it's a muggy day for a bus ride.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A new watch battery is on my shopping list. This morning, I realized my watch was 5 minutes late when I saw the time different between it and a clock. At least I got one month of the button battery!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have pay per use for garbage her. basiclly every bag needs a tag... 2.50 per tag.
    a lady is selling them for 2.00. i told her i will buy 50 . so a easy savings of 25.00 every little bit helps.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi-had a fun day with the girls took Ashlyn and cara to lasalle park in Burlington ,they had a lovely wade pool and fun playground only cost 3.00 per child for the large wade pool stayed a good hour and 15 minutes ,broke up the day then got home at son's house and cara went to sleep for 2 and a half hours -nice so papa took Ashlyn outside and I had a small nap

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner was leftovers and fresh burgers. I found extra lean ground beef for 1.99 pound on the weekend so it’s perfect timing. I just made sliders for dinner as we had steak and salad planned. 20 burgers in the freezer for future meals. That will get us close to the end of BBQ season. Fresh green peppers and tomatoes for the garden added to the salad, yum.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Took my truck in for 2 recall notices and unfortunately an expensive safety problem was found. It's put a serious dent in my savings, so trying to not let it get me down. How I miss my reliable Honda!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My speaker came in the mail today it’s on low and already sounds better then my LED lighted iHome I have. It’s an Aukey I bought it on amazon.ca for $39 regular price is $50. It has a 30hr playback time. And 2 modes for indoor bass version and outdoor with treble. It comes with a 24month warranty. I already love it, it is a birthday present to myself for my 35th.

I had a scare earlier today I have been having this middle of my calf pain. Well I phoned the nurses line they thought it was a blood clot. I called 911 the ambulance showed up and they said they didn’t know what it was at the hospital they took my blood pressure it was 150/100. I was sitting out in the waiting room maybe 5mins before moved to another waiting room. I saw the doctor after they checked up on my chart. They did some visual inspections and started to touch my calf where I was having the pain. They said “my guess it’s just underneath bruising, because I can see it’s bumpy in the area and you went for a very long car ride.” I said “I don’t own a car or have drivers a licence or been in a car since Thursday. So speculation on that side is wrong... your not going to do any blood work?” Then they said “how about I get you something for the pain how about T3s and go home and rest” I took the T3 hours ago and it still hurts.

I called my doctors office when just after I gotten home at 4:12pm and MOA was more helpful then ER doctor was. She laughed at what I said about ER doctor saying what was wrong. She said get something to measure my leg to see how swollen it is or gets . And what else to look for.

I cannot lay in bed or get comfortable I am in so much uncomfortable pain.

I found $20 in my house in order to pay for taxi home. The cabbie drove slow and I am sure he ran up the meter in order for what was suppose to be only $8...$9.35 but he told me he only had change for $10. Ugh really expensive day on finding $20 to pay half of it on cab ride home from the hospital.

Anyway I gotta trapeze across my house for more water bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Mon, Aug 19th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold $22 in stuff and $7 in garden produce.

One persom didn't show up and eventually messaged me to try again tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watch for your Gay Lea email and at the bottom a $1 coupon for any Nordica Smooth product.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information