User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Was up very early
    My fur baby is already walk . I have cookies baking , Cake in the oven . It will be used as breakfast today
    Laundry is doing , My family room needs to be tidy up and the I am going to do the kitchen
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Costco is also on my agenda today, laundry is on the line the basement has been vacuumed and now I am having my coffee on the deck. But alas it’s time to get my day moving.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beautiful day today. We went to the Elmvale Flea market. Walked around and looked but nothing wanted.
    Family dinner tonight so nice to go for a visit and no cooking

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

shopping went well..

used 10.00 coupons at walmart. left my soon to expire there as well.

i forgot to do my brag of the summer.
    i save all my pc points fo rmy middle child.
    they used the majority of them up last year. came back .. my goal had been to get them to 400.00 before school in sept.
    however my bbq fell apart... and i got 150.00 in points there. so i increased the goal..

last night i did a 20x shop at shoppers... 613 365 for them to use.

i will ba adding to it of course while they are in school. and they will as well... they get 10% back if tey shop on tuesdays. ...
    gotta love the points
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -got home from my daughter's at 11.30 this morning ,so nice to sleep over in Toronto ,now that they have a house .Plus we don't have to drive back the same day with all the crazies on a sat night

Did a load and hung it out ,supper is 2 pizza slices as I am tired from staying up til 1.15 last night

trying to relax as I have both granddaughter's on Monday at their house for the day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers with the intention of buying $50 for 20x the points offer I had but I had messaged someone earlier in the day about this air conditioner I saw on fb marketplace they messaged me back while I was shopping in shoppers. Needless to say I had to think very carefully about what I needed versus what I wanted. I came there for paper towels. I got 2 extra large PC chocolate bars for $3.99 each, 3 different kinds of Oreo cookies for $1.88 each and last but not least package of 6 no name paper towels, I spent $18.50. Then they came early to drop off the AC unit I said I would pay them the $60 for delivery they only posted it for $50. I had been trying to get an air conditioner for Tracy all summer and it’s only now worked out in my favour considering it is going to be hot this week. I forgot to ask how many BTUs it’s 8,000 which is probably for about 350sq ft.

Tracy says she is going to pay me tomorrow $200 and then some. Hopefully she is good on her word or I am going to string her up by her ankles with some chilli lights haha. It would be easy to do she’s much shorter then me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold something for $5 this morning.

My daycare girl’s mom is due with baby #2 in mid-Febrauary, so she’ll probably leave my care at some point in January. 3.5yr old daycare boy is leaving my care at the end of the week, they gave notice at the very end of July. He will be starting at a subsidized daycare very close to their home.

I interviewed with a new daycare family today. New daycare dad signed the contract at my kitchen table. He’ll e-transfer me funds. He was very happy with how reasonable my rates are. He’s taking the first day of school off from work, to send his daughter on the bus to Grade 1. She’ll start daycare on September 4th.

So starting next week I will have 2 full-time children, and a Grade 1 girl who will go on the bus with ds each day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 26th, 2019 at 01:57 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    cray busy week.

middle child heads back to s chool on wednesday. well they go up tuesday for a bit.. then final stuff wednesday. .. i m already in tears. i am going to miss them alot.

i have my over night kids 2 days this week.

i am also trying to get ahold of my family that is returning in september.. i am not hearing back from them .. getting concerned. i am sure it will be alright.

ok. tonight is over night. plan is splash pad.. park .. play run!!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last year I planted a raspberry bush and this morning I noticed lots of berries, so delicious. I think I need to plant more for next year as I really miss all of the raspberry bushes growing up. The ones in the store taste like cardboard.

Gorgeous breeze today, so glad the humidity is gone. I need to grocery shop as my fridge is bare.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am loving the crispy crunchy mornings (lower temperatures),but not sibling's habit of leaving his windows and other windows open in the early morning. I spent part of Sunday watching my DVD and catching up on BH90210 once I realized that the Youtube app is working again on the Blu-ray player. Then a quick shop at Shoppers for the cheap 6pk pop and some groceries at Fortinos. A later can walk yielded two dimes (happy finds) and two cans (20 more cents for today). Noticed a local store is closing (gift shop).

Saturday-I found two Manitoba Harvest coupons at Denningers-Upper James at aisle (cereal section or endcap) or cardboard displays (end of bun bins by dairy) with MH products. One is save 75Cent off any Hemp Yeah granola (exp. Dec 31, 2019) and the other is save $1 off any MH product 200g or more (expires Jan. 31, 2020). My eyes happily discovered the last English copy of Burdastyle Sept. 2019 issue (chain must be back to restocking after the change in distributors), so I had to snap it up, along with some licorice and a bun that Mom wanted to eat. We ventured to the mall and into four stores for dresses but came home empty-handed. I was surprised to notice it was still possible to find sale and new fall dresses in the same stores but hemlines remain mostly above the knee, unless one leans towards a sequin number with floor-length hem. One A-line charmer with sunray pleats at the side seams would have been awesome (it was blue, on sale but too short at Laura Plus; Melanie Lyne had a horizontally striped sheer and solid pattern alternating but again it was too short and also too tight in one area (though it was $59.99, a fun find on the sale rack). Sigh.

Today's morning mission was to do laundry, bag my pulled plants from the garden (plants looked like straw after 6 days in a pile) for collection and seed arugula, carrots and radishes. For fun I'll add some watermelon or canteloupe seeds as I don't have other lettuce seeds on hand (will check again for something saved in envelopes or on cards as no lettuce packets remain aside from this year's arugula (five short rows and I still have some seeds left-any nearby rabbits can gnaw on the bitter greens in front of the carrots). Mom wants other veggies but yours truly does not want the beans. I am the tomato and cuke gatherer as it is. My basil plant is a paler green so I watered it to pep it up again. Alyssum is still a generous cloud of petals and straggly stems in one corner. Given my yo-yo sleep patterns (awake and up after 4am), I had to nap by 11:30 am after fighting the urge to sleep for a half-hour. Will have to ramp down spicy tastes and caffeine as I am having at least one slightly flushed hot mid forehead to mid-chest event daily for the past few days. Also I have weird dreams-today was no exception.

Feel like this last week of August needs some hurrah hours to make memories. I am enjoying peeled cucumbers after picking them from the garden. Somehow I keep missing one or two large cukes every time I pick but there's usually something everyday to pick up. Tomatoes are mostly orange-red as I don't wait for the really red colour in case a creature thinks its food takeout for itself.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Babysat the girls today ,hubby helped took them to a playground for an hour and 20 minutes they had so much fun .Cara says 'wee wee" for the swing because I say wee wee when I push her ,which she loves
    Did 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law ,isn't she lucky .

Trying not to spend much as we have a big charge card bill and I cant pay it til wed
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! Back to work for a few days. Raining here today so good day to be inside.

Picked up shoes for DS at an out of town Sportchek. He will be happy. We got a 1/2 size bigger then he is wearing now. So he has 3 good pair of shoes now (plus his work shoes). Since he wears a uniform to school I didn't do the traditional back to school shopping so 2 new pairs of shoes it is. (on sale and used discount GC ) I tried on a pair for myself but didn't love them so I will keep looking.

Dinner tonight is chicken souvlaki, rice, green beans and I may attempt to make some Greek potatoes as well.

I need to start eating my lunch at my desk and going to the gym in the afternoon when working so will start cooking lots so there is good leftovers. I have fish to cook up so will do so soon. (I think work offices love it when you heat up fish for lunch lol)

I only grabbed a few groceries on Friday morning (peaches) so will probably go tomorrow for a few sale items (grapes, cucs, peppers, shrimp and celery) I was near a Metro yesterday so I redeemed $10 for 3 x cream cheese (back to school treat for DS) and 1-tips lol. received 20 airmiles back for the cream cheese.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ciel likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It looks like the BearNaked granola coupons may be available again? It no longer shows SOLD OUT. I already ordered so could not get another. May be worth a look?

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/434545...ranola-canada/
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    It looks like the BearNaked granola coupons may be available again? It no longer shows SOLD OUT. I already ordered so could not get another. May be worth a look?

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/434545...ranola-canada/
    It was indeed worth another look. I saw this link earlier today and it showed as sold out. Checked again now and BOOM some FPCs for Granola is always a nice thing.

Thank you for posting
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@greentires4me & @Newfiescreech & @Ciel

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    It was indeed worth another look. I saw this link earlier today and it showed as sold out. Checked again now and BOOM some FPCs for Granola is always a nice thing.

Thank you for posting
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Aug 27th, 2019 at 02:38 PM.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information