User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it is currently raining.. just enough to annoy me . ugh.

ok. rearranging the daycare rooms today
    and we are starting our pirate theme...

i wish we could get out.. i really wish we could get out. we might be able to in 30 min.

i need to do up my plan for the week...

today.. gather recycles...
    tidy donation items.
    fold 1 basket of laundry.
    fold 10 prs socks.
    spotless kitchen.

if not raining this afternoon.. 20 mn on side garden.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Gratitude rep for the morning-getting the library 5 minutes before the skies unleashed the heavy rain. Currently have some lightning/thunder as well in Ancaster ON. Had stopped at Fortinos for Pepsi and some reduced price sliced bread, celery (3 bunches-2 @ $2.49 and 1 at $1.49-for juicing and some snacking) and three sweet potatoes.
    The wind had dropped the outdoor temp by at least 10C--happy!

Yesterday in the morning, I made one batch of banana muffins from a 99cent Quaker mix I found at Longos on the weekend. Plan to bake another batch today if it remains cool or tomorrow morning. Got some grass mowed, laundry done and the dreaded clipping of crabgrass on the walkways mostly done too. Hope the new yard waste bag holds together enough for tomorrow's collection (the old one ripped open at the bottom after a few days on the lawn this morning). Had to nap in afternoon-have had a slight headache from some time without a hat on in the sunshine and maybe some jaw tension. The headache seems to have eased this morning (temples and line across my forehead were poking me today).

I'm with @Green 4tires-am over the sweaty hot weather. TV news yesterday indicated that July 2019 was the hottest month for planet Earth, beating July 2016 for that title.

Some room cleaning is in order today-I put it off long enough. Did watch 3 of 4 DVDs on the weekend and got my viewing of Life-Sized City (Bangkok) and Daytime Divas in on Sunday!

Really love reading about @SassyAshley 's naan pizza combos. They do beat the usual Domino's order my brother keeps buying. Speaking about fridge cleaning, I have to ask my Mom if she forgot about the fresh meat in the meat drawer or if she has to toss it.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I really don’t want to get out of bed today. the person on FB marketplace asked me if I still want the light up Batman shoes of course I do. I just don’t know what mom has plans for today after the appointment in Coquitlam I really would like to go to Walmart in poco. I have some money I want to get a few things or more so ask mom this what I want for my birthday if she isn’t willing to get an instant pot. As I yawn and look at the time as it flies by. All I can think is my cave I made I need more tacs or nails or hooks. And two more blackout curtains.

Anyways I need to find some energy to get out of bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not sure if you may have a JYSK store near you that sells tension rods to use for your windows, @greentires4me ? I keep meaning to check out a liquidator store in Hamilton for one between 24"-36" as that would span my closet door. I also forget to check to see if Fabricland might carry some lengths as well in their home decor/drapery hardware.

Just noticed an e-mail from RONA for the 50 and older bunch-today you can get 15% off regular price items using bonus code 5015. Has RONA done this kind of offer before?
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to the mall to return a sweater to the gap $30
    Then looked in the bay found a ralph lauren summer long skirt blue and white 80,then 52 then 24.00 on clearance plus I got 15% off as I had a coupon with my HBC credit card =23.05 love the skirt and its lined down to the knees only and its 100% cotton elastic waist -awesome find for me

Then looked at the 40% off in the gap clearance section for the grandkids summer nightie for Ashlyn 5.99 after discount socks .58 for cara a dress for cara for next year 6.59(my dear daughter-in-law says to never pick up anything for her as her sister gives her handme downs from her 2 and a half year old daughter ,but still its nice to get the odd new item and I don't want to forget buying for her ,Sebastian a dinosaur t-shirt 7.99

Going to my doctors on Wednesday morning as my health problem hasn't gone away
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!
    Went swimming two times yesterday once in the afternoon with my bestie and at 11:30 p.m. last night with my guy. The stars were out it was a beautiful night and so quiet.
    On my way to rcss today I found a six drawer plastic storage tower in perfect condition just needed a wash. It is drying now. Thinking it will be perfrct for Christmas/birthday ribbon/bags etc and will help with basement clean up.
    Picked up 2lb fresh blueberries for .99! Bought 8 packages! And 10lb new crop white potatoes for .99. So happy i didn't buy either the other day still on sale.
    We have taco meat and steak to use up in wraps tonight or maybe freeze and get pizza

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just washed all 3 bathroom floors -on my hands and knees
    another load of laundry on line ,hoping we don't get anymore downpours ,had one around 11.00 today

supper haven't decided ,hubby still has a bit of a fever today so he is sleeping

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We had lots of rain today and of course I never checked the weather so the clothes are getting a second rinse. I am spending the next two days of my vacation working through a very long to do list and the Friday is a lacrosse tournament. It seems like as soon as I check one thing off the list I remember another to add. Wednesday will be an overdue oil change. Might go out tonight for a few errands but currently relaxing with a book so we shall see.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Tried to post a couple times yesterday, but it was one of those days where I kept getting pulled away.

May sound funny but huge accomplishment for me, I actually took 4 days off and did no work. I was feeling good until Monday when I woke up really tired and very stiff. Yesterday was okay, but today I woke up with a massive headache, I was hoping once I got up and moving I would feel better but so far no luck.

Hoping today goes by quickly and that this headache starts to ease off, if not it might be home to bed.

Well better get back to work as again my goal is not work tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@saassyashley did you drink lots of water like more then 2L each day? Or do you have Gatorade drink close by you can sip on? Sounds almost like dehydration stiffness and headache to boot.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Tried to post a couple times yesterday, but it was one of those days where I kept getting pulled away.

May sound funny but huge accomplishment for me, I actually took 4 days off and did no work. I was feeling good until Monday when I woke up really tired and very stiff. Yesterday was okay, but today I woke up with a massive headache, I was hoping once I got up and moving I would feel better but so far no luck.

Hoping today goes by quickly and that this headache starts to ease off, if not it might be home to bed.

Well better get back to work as again my goal is not work tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone

I was off the past 4 days too and feel the same way! Plus a stuffy head and sore throat. Allergies or a summer cold
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Suppose to be a humid hot day here. Good day to be at work I guess.

I grabbed blueberries, banana, cucumber, steak and carrots. My food for today at work Meant to prep my lunch last night but I guess I forgot lol.

Off to check out the upcoming sale flyers
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

HAPPY DAYS!!! A big note of news for all in the Durham/Whitby Area... Whitby Walmart has REVERTED their new price match policy (Of a list of stores similar to RCSS' list) and are back to ONTARIO WIDE PRICE MATCHING!!! To celebrate, my friend and I got 6 packs of Eggs (Price Match Pacific for $0.99), 3 huge bags of Green Beans (Price Match Pacific for $0.88/lb) AND 2 bags of 5 Avocado (Price Match First Choice for $2.99)!!! That will help to save back that extra $100/month we were gonna be spending on her groceries... The Ontario Wide Price Matching really does make a difference in the budget since it gives us access to SUPER CHEAP PRODUCE (Which she goes through A LOT OF!!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just called in to renew my internet contract. Last month they were trying to offer it at a higher cost then I am paying now. No thanks. Called back today and saved $9 per month. Happy it is going down and I don't have to deal with a new set up etc.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just called in to renew my internet contract. Last month they were trying to offer it at a higher cost then I am paying now. No thanks. Called back today and saved $9 per month. Happy it is going down and I don't have to deal with a new set up etc.
    If you through there systems like through the cut off place they give good deals like before my internet went up this month they got my internet and cable down to 147$ a month plus tax is 158$. I am paying the same amount now when I switched something up on my bill.

Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information