User Tag List

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check your email this morning. I just received a VV coupon for 5$ off a purchase of $15 or more (red tag not included). Good until 2019-Aug-18 inclusive.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I know what you mean about LOC debt, I'm slamming everything into it with my new job to try to get rid of it, along with OSAP as fast as I can. This month is a $2,000 payment versus the $200 normal payment I make. That will bring it closer to $5,000. Once that is gone, I will work on paying the OSAP loans (close to $30,000). Living as tight as I can to put more of my income onto debt instead.

putting on my mom hat for a min...
    do you have a emergency fund....

David ramsey ( money guy... google for info... re steps. ) sugests 1000.00 ef. then tackle debt.

I keep mine in my TFSA. .

and yep.. slamming everything else at my LOC. cutting things to bare bones. but that is ok... I have a plan. and a tone of scene points ect for fun stuff if i need it....

à

and GO YOU! tackling debt is hard work !!! you got this!!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    putting on my mom hat for a min...
    do you have a emergency fund....

David ramsey ( money guy... google for info... re steps. ) sugests 1000.00 ef. then tackle debt.

I keep mine in my TFSA. .

and yep.. slamming everything else at my LOC. cutting things to bare bones. but that is ok... I have a plan. and a tone of scene points ect for fun stuff if i need it....

à

and GO YOU! tackling debt is hard work !!! you got this!!
    I would say I do. My chequing account is always at a minimum amount ($1,500) PLUS I have my savings account (Simplii with the 2.75% promo) that I can use in an emergency ($7,000) (Although once the savings promo is over, I may make another big LOC payment or OSAP). I have a TFSA GIC and a RRSP GIC also started with $900 and $250 respectively. So trying to pay the debt while keeping the savings at a decent level as well. And I just try to find whatever cheap/free fun stuff I can (Even if that means going to the movies when I visit my parents and they pay )
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -my goodness hubby drove to toronto yesterday at 2.30 so we could see my daughter's house and it is so quaint ,has character and smaller -it is 100 years old you can see the original panes of window inbeween the front door and the wooden railings upstairs are original and never painted ,2 bedrooms and a finished basement with a small bedroom down there fits a double bed (for us to sleep over when we come and babysit)so happy for them

Then we babysat the girls today took them to the playground and I was wiped ,I guess from going to toronto last night

Plus mr.skunk decided to walk past my bedroom window last night at 11.30 so it delayed my sleeping a bit ,then had to be at son's for 6.00 a.m -uggg
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I would say I do. My chequing account is always at a minimum amount ($1,500) PLUS I have my savings account (Simplii with the 2.75% promo) that I can use in an emergency ($7,000) (Although once the savings promo is over, I may make another big LOC payment or OSAP). I have a TFSA GIC and a RRSP GIC also started with $900 and $250 respectively. So trying to pay the debt while keeping the savings at a decent level as well. And I just try to find whatever cheap/free fun stuff I can (Even if that means going to the movies when I visit my parents and they pay )
    go you!!!! that is wonderful!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A nice relaxing day having time off from retirement! lol

Wishing all here a very good weekend! Hoping the weather is what you want and all the activities are to your liking!

Ciao!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy weekend. Certainly feels like fall is coming.it is nice to turn off the AC and open the windows. The garden is so slow this year, the peppers are all still green, but there is about 15 on just two plants and so far only one of the tomatoes has been ready to harvest. It drives me nuts to buy tomatoes when I know I will soon have lots.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Took twin girl with me to NF. They are currently doing some renovations and moving things around the store.
    I bought
    $6.97 M&M chocolate 1kg (much cheaper than trading for coupons and using with a sale)
    $3.97 Johnsonville Italian sausage - 30% sticker - $2 coup = $0.78
    $3.97 Johnsonville sausage - $2 coup
    $2 Black diamond cheese slices + 100pts/$1 personal offer
    Broccoli + 100pts
    Foremost icecream + 1,000pts

I also redeemed $20 in points.
    I earned 3,500pts in total.

I plan on doing $100 shop at Sobeys this weekend.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

i need to get a bit of groceries. .. i plan on using the last of my pasta coupons, and my shaving cream ones. maybe using some chicken ones.
    and fruits and veggies.

i havea funeral visitation to go to tday as well.

hubby needs to take middle child to the train station... they are going to Montreal for pride. They are going to have a blast.
    youngest works this aftenoon. and oldest will pop over and then go to the visitation with us.

i might crank some tunes... and do some house work this afternoon.

all in all should be a good day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes had my first tomato on Thursday night took it to my daughter,s to add in for supper with our roasted chicken ,mashed potatoes and corn

Now have 4 more coming almost ready off my 2 plants on my back deck -yummmm
    So nice to sleep in til 7.30 a.m

Called my sister-in-law last night my dear older brother is due to come home next week after 5 months in hospital ,wow her life will be changed for sure as he is diabetic and will need to maintain his current weight as he has congestive heart failure (he must have lost at least 90 pounds in hospital) they cant do anything for that as he is 74 and his heart had stopped for awhile while he passed out on the bus (so he has some memory loss also) so he cant risk any more surgery.
    She has to get a rail for shower ,wheelchair ,cane ,a toilet seat a lot of needs and essentials for him .My sister-in-law deals with IBS also herself ,so instead of me returning to Costco the align pills my doctor asked me to go on ,I will give them to her as they will be spending a lot more on groceries -no more canned soups etc fresh or frozen veggies only ,low sodium soups which I am sure never go on sale
    Sometimes life I hard and you have to roll with all the ups and downs -cant wait to go see him next week or the week after in his own home.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -that is a lot of medical and mobility gear to get all at once. Maybe there is a wheelchair rental service or a neighbour willing to part with a used wheelchair? I do hope that LHIN is in the loop with any home care help/nursing visits.
    Sometimes when family/friends/neighbours know someone in need of medical equipment, they might be willing to offer equipment they have (free or low charge) and is no longer needed. Has an occupational therapist at the hospital consulted on which kind of wheelchair or shower rail to get? OTs usually want people to have their consultations prior to any equipment purchases if measurements or best fit has to be assessed. Otherwise any government help or insurance coverage is lost after first purchase before an OT assessment.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Check your email this morning. I just received a VV coupon for 5$ off a purchase of $15 or more (red tag not included). Good until 2019-Aug-18 inclusive.
    I saw that e-mail today. Would have liked to have had notice on Thursday when I went to preview my local store!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I was able to convince Mom to let me get some fresh and packaged groceries in the morning, so we had some supplies over this sticky weekend. The container of peaches in the fridge otherwise the fruit will become mush if left out on the counter.
    Started to tackle weeding my abandoned garden half. Two-foot tall plants definitely need a shovel to lift up their roots. Crabgrass that long is kind of scary too. Happy that my alyssum flowers remain in the garden. Only got about half of the weeding done prior to afternoon raindrops (thunder preceded about 10min before the rain started). I know I'll be rebagging my yard bags given the downpours yesterday and this morning. At least Mom's plants are thoroughly watered (I gave them some water yesterday to help the veggies work on growing or ripening) and weeded. Also cut more grass but some sections will have to wait another week.Watched The Last Word dvd with Shirley MacLaine and swearing aside, there's some stellar dialogue. I loved her character's chat with young at-risk girls at a local community centre. Will watch the movie again.

Today, slow start but Ms. Sunshine came out mid-morning-happy with her arrival! Cold wind sort of takes some of the humidity edge off today (sticky!!). I finished resewing some buttons in the new thread on a top I needed to wear today, dried laundry from last night in the dryer (just to have it done) and had a pasta breakfast. Plan to tackle some cleaning, figure out dinner and get that checked table fabric made into a tablecloth (need it done).

Happy Saturday! Already mid-August! Wow...

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday...

Okay I was only going to No Frills for cheese and lightning cables I walked out spending almost everything I have I have exactly 3.45$ in my change wallet. I bought majority of it is all on sale items like 24 case of Pepsi, no name raspberry lemonade, black diamond cheese slices, Swanson dinners everything else was full price. I bought: no name cheese twists, 24 case of Pepsi, PC Marble cheese lactose free, 2 black diamond thick cheese slices, 2 no name raspberry lemonade, 3 Swanson turkey dinner, plastic forks, paper bowls, 2 lightning cables and 1 micro USB cable. I wish it would say how much I saved on the bill like shoppers or Walmart does.

These two who live in my building are oblivious to how to take a bus and where to buy the passes. They didn’t ask me and when i told them yesterday nor did they listen. Considering they should have bought the passes yesterday not the day they were leaving. But they are know it alls and loud mouths who obviously don’t know everything in the end.

Today...
    I slept okay about 10hours or maybe longer. I am not sure. The new medication makes you feel groggy in the morning. And is suppose to last for about 2 weeks depending how long your body gets use to the medication. I tried one pill on Thursday night and decided last night I will take the 2 I can have instead. I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the two pills with all my other night meds. I don’t have to do anything until 4pm so it has become a lazy Saturday. I also don’t feel too great either. By the time I turned on my AC it was saying it was 75F in my room. I had a suite inspection notice taped to my door with duct tape yesterday for 9am to 2pm on Monday I am pretty sure it’s wrong and will ask my worker tonight when I see them at 4pm. Since none of the staff knew where it came from or who did it last night. They couldn’t tell me why it was taped to my door with duct tape and not handed to me personally. Now I feel like not letting them in on Monday or any day at all.

There was flood apparently over there drywall they recently did in GP room downstairs. I am sure that the person responsible may or can get an eviction notice. They also didn’t inform staff about there apparent flood either. Which is another thing all together they basically ruined two floors of the building. Considering the person who let their guest ruin that suite on 3rd floor isn’t allowed to live in this building anymore.

They need a better system when bringing people off the street to come live in this building like stage housing with no appliances. The modular housing that is also run by the company that runs my building. They have kicked out 10 people in the first 3 months of allowing them inside. These are people who had been living on the streets for years. We have a problem in this country and it continues to get worse. We rather help other countries then our own.

Anyways gotta jet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @coupon girl -that is a lot of medical and mobility gear to get all at once. Maybe there is a wheelchair rental service or a neighbour willing to part with a used wheelchair? I do hope that LHIN is in the loop with any home care help/nursing visits.
    Sometimes when family/friends/neighbours know someone in need of medical equipment, they might be willing to offer equipment they have (free or low charge) and is no longer needed. Has an occupational therapist at the hospital consulted on which kind of wheelchair or shower rail to get? OTs usually want people to have their consultations prior to any equipment purchases if measurements or best fit has to be assessed. Otherwise any government help or insurance coverage is lost after first purchase before an OT assessment.
    hi ceil -yes my sister-in-law gets everything free for a month thru rexall,then my nefew said not to purchase it as he will look for the best deals as he has amazon prime and a costco membership ,yes a therapist has to come out before the bath rail is put on and the apartment is providing that free.Y es some therapy visits will be happening and a nurse ,not sure for how long .H e was not able to come home this week as they changed his meds ,so keeping him one more week
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information