User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@greentires4me Congrats on 1500 days sober!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My sister text me good news last night. We are receiving a credit on credit card for our trip we paid for in full months ago. Price drop for the group. I am getting a $420 credit which is awesome.

I washed up the last few dishes in the sink this morning (soaking dish and DS's plate from his late night snack) He needs to empty the dishwasher today before work. I will have a quiet house tonight to do laundry since both kids work.

I have no idea what to get for my niece for her bridal shower this weekend. I have a card so far....that is it lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just saved my PC Pts for next week before I forgot. Not planning on shopping today so figured better to save now so I don't forget.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just received an email from Janes. $2 coupon to print off for any Janes chicken or fish. Expires August 30th

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i got my haircut today felt so good after having a health problem for awhile now .
    I buy ahead too frugalbigmama-my daughter will be 37 next Tuesday (aug27) so she will get some cold hard cash -lol and a water bottle (she lost hers last month)plus satsuma small shower gel and lotion ,plus 2 nice new plush face cloths -lol
    deal of the day for me 2.99 for container of peaches at shoppers -300 personal points =2.69 gave a few to my granddaughter's last night when I watched them son took his wife out for their 9th anniversary

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My sister text me good news last night. We are receiving a credit on credit card for our trip we paid for in full months ago. Price drop for the group. I am getting a $420 credit which is awesome.

I washed up the last few dishes in the sink this morning (soaking dish and DS's plate from his late night snack) He needs to empty the dishwasher today before work. I will have a quiet house tonight to do laundry since both kids work.

I have no idea what to get for my niece for her bridal shower this weekend. I have a card so far....that is it lol
    Are there any online registries posted at the Bay, Bed Bath and Beyond, theknot or myregistry? Those are places where I have seen recently engaged extended family members post their wish lists.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tonight is episode 3 for BH90210-hope I get the tv to watch it.

Had a rest day. Body was not happy with the yard and garden work I did yesterday. Sort of sped-watched The Book Club on DVD and whoa, Andy Garcia is easy on the eyes (he was fine in Mamma Mia 2 as well). Newspaper bundle had all the major grocery store flyers and new Ikea bedroom flyer. Noticed that Metro is using "specials available at select stores" phrasing or am I just noticing that phrasing? Community paper indicated via councillor column that Garner Rd W is going to need one more month of work. This morning, so many transport trucks and heavy trucks rolled down our street-connected to hwy 403 accident this morning that gridlocked so many roadways. Sigh.

Pantry staples are run down to very few things. Made Greek Lemon Potatoes but the potatoes did not roast well in toaster oven and I cooked 1 cup of lentils with tarragon and sea salt on the stovetop. Juiced some celery and rubbery carrots for midday snack. Apples are holding out (eating 1-2 each day). Made a partial list of specials for tomorrow.

No Frills has Palmolive for $1.25 starting tomorrow. I suppose two of them plus the $1.50 coupon wub 2 would be a super deal if SCers had the coupons to use by month's end.

Time to don my sweater for the refreshingly cool walk home to the tv. Enjoy your evening everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Ciel you are correct the Palmolive at No Frills is an awesome deal I will be using all my coupons since I also have a Pc points offer for 200/1 spent that I saved tonight

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just received an email from Janes. $2 coupon to print off for any Janes chicken or fish. Expires August 30th
    Got the email as well... Works great with the $4.73 Sale at No Frills. Will be picking some up for cheap and easy meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Ciel you are correct the Palmolive at No Frills is an awesome deal I will be using all my coupons since I also have a Pc points offer for 200/1 spent that I saved tonight
    Seconded! If I still had the coupons, I would be picking more up, but alas, I used my final coupons at Rexall with their $0.99/414ml sale. Still not a bad price, but not as good as No Frills sale!

EDIT: Well adding insult to injury, just checked my PCO offers and guess what is coming up on one of the cards? Palmolive!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Wed, Aug 21st, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Another expensive day i got paid today and my mom and me went to shoppers I had a 20x the points when $50 or more is spent. I bought $213+ i received 50$ in points and then we went to superstore after some dealing with my uncle Jay. I feel like it’s been forever since I been home I got home at 6:45pm after being out since 10am. I had to wait around forever to before coming home in my uncles house looking for his mysterious mouth guard.

I can tell you this some people need to put it in the same spot every day instead of putting some dumb place where it probably is.

Now to chase down 3 more people will this day ever end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A beautiful day it looks like out there. DS has a haircut today woohoo he needs it.
    Off to explore waht the day brings!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have a points offer for cover girl, rimmel or sally Hansen when spend $25 get 8,000 points. I have a list of make up to pick up for Tracy. She said she had $70 now or wait till Monday for $200, I said I choose Monday. I think $200 is more then getting $70 dollars now. I do or would like the money but I cannot pass up the higher amount.

So I chased down 2 people for money the second person gave me $40 they owed me but said nothing about this marijuana grinder they wanted which was good because I didn’t order it. Hehe.

I also need to go to Walmart first and pick up some whipping cream I am not sure if they want it in spray can form or liquid I am thinking spray can. Then stop at shoppers for the makeup and amazon gift card for $100. I forgot to pick up one yesterday but I didn’t think I was going to be caught off guard with the amount I spent.

I didn’t get the instant pot yesterday they had on sale from superstore I just didn’t have that sort of cash laying around. To buy one considering I spent $213 at shoppers I am sure my stuff was $75 and moms stuff was more then that. I bought twizzlers filled with cream candy so it was called strawberries n cream.

Today I am so sore I carried a heavy object to the car it was at least 0.5km I am not used to carrying something heavy not with my back.

Ooo I gotta show u something I bought these socks there so comfortable I found them in the aisle with the insoles. They make your feet feel silky soft.

They had them last year at Christmas where I bought them all the shelf came back when they restocked to clear the shelf again. I gave them to friends for Christmas I am sure it was like at least 20 people. People kept saying to me they were the most comfortable socks ever. I usually have the habit of sliding off my socks when I sleep this time around I didn’t they stayed on my feet the entire time.

I bought phone cables from no frills I got to use one last night it’s a quicker charger then the phone cable I am currently using at home that’s 6ft long.
    So if your looking and find one in lightning or USB C or micro USB...I say grab it you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Speaking of Enbridge, has any gas customer bought a natural gas alarm? Enbridge has been writing of them in its customer letters but I've only seen one brand/one model at CT. Last year, I was thrilled to have replaced the downstairs co2/smoke alarm but it's not for gas. It'll cost almost the same amount to buy the gas version. Wish I knew this info last year before I bought the other unit in the fall.
    I wouldn't bother - natural gas has a rotten egg smell added to it, so you would know if there was a leak. As long as you get your furnace checked regularly you will be fine. A C02/smoke alarm is more important in my opinion, as C02 is ordourless and can kill you.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't know if there's a $ scrap metal market for old or run-over charger cords but they seem ubiquitous on sidewalks and roads wherever I walk. There ought to be an app for collecting cords and returning them to mall stores or community bins on major bus routes.

No luck watching BH 90210 last night (sibling insisted on watching his program) so I finished writing the grocery list, talked to Mom about it and this morning, was able to get most of the list needs purchased on my first run. Two hours later, I reviewed the receipt and noticed I was charged too little for a canned beverage 6pk, so I returned to the store to settle the difference. A single can's UPC was likely scanned rather than the plastic overwrap's UPC. Feel better knowing the matter is handled.

Aside from the usual laundry and vacuuming of the living room, I indulged in a cup of tea this morning (early breakfast) and later cooked three hot dogs for a later breakfast after my return from the store. I still feel "off" and inner ears maintain a small pain in each ear from Tuesday's rider mower session (without wearing hearing protection).

L.L. Bean store opens tomorrow in Oakville ON, because most of the chain's Cdn orders come from that part of the GTA. https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...hbc-locations/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.

we are full on getting middle child ready to go back to school. or rather they are .. and we are doing anything they need to get done. sigh. 2nd year is slightly easier on me emotionally. but dang. i am going to miss tehm alot. like alot alot.

ok. tears. sigh.

all in all. i am totally done with this week. done done. hubby is offf neext week . so that will be good they are in full on help kid mode. i am in .. the following week will be easier on me emotionally. sigh.

ok. off to get another tea. i swear i am running on tea and cookies right now.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information