User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By whatsavings?
  • 4 Post By johnb56789

Thread: Broke student stuck on the hedonic treadmill

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Clicking add cart seems to give me ephemeral joy. Looking at credit card statements does not. I'm just a broken student looking to save ( or waste) as much as possible by looking deals.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome to the forum OP.
    Where are you located?
    What are you studying?
    Can you study part time and work part time?
    Are there scholarships that you have applied for over the summer? Bursaries?

If it gets worse, there is always the school's food pantry or food bank in your neighbourhood.

Good luck. Hope your studies go well

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Welcome to the board!
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Welcome to the forum and a hello from a fellow Uni student (well, a just graudated student). For me, OSAP was a big savour, as well as the couponing. Bringing my grocery bill down from the $200/month my parents originally put into my budget 4 years ago when I started Uni. and getting that down to the $0/month that it is now made a world of difference (and even more so now having to deal with debt closing in on all sides!).

This forum made a HUGE difference in my life and the lives of over 200 people that I help with couponing. My family, family friends, friends, and the over 200 people I help with my Facebook Group. And that huge difference totals to about $12,000 A YEAR, saving my close family friend, her husband, and three boys $700 A MONTH compared to their old grocery budget ($1000/month down to $300/month), the few hundred dollars a month between myself and my parents, as well as the thousands of dollars worth of product that I have donated to my local foodbank here in St.Catharines, as well as numerous other organizations across the province over the past four years. AND leading to my publication in my University Newspaper, as well as Moneysense and Chatelaine!

Couponing is something that has personally changed my life for the better and I regret nothing having done it for the past close to eight years now! I hope to learn even more as I move along, and get as good as some of the couponers on this forum!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Mon, Aug 19th, 2019 at 09:37 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Welcome to the forum OP.
    Where are you located?
    What are you studying?
    Can you study part time and work part time?
    Are there scholarships that you have applied for over the summer? Bursaries?

If it gets worse, there is always the school's food pantry or food bank in your neighbourhood.

Good luck. Hope your studies go well
    Currently studying in the Vancouver area. Being originally from the US, it's a beautiful place ( albeit expensive). Yeah, I work around 30 hours a week along with 3 courses. Unfortunately, since I'm an international student, I'm not eligible for any scholarships or bursaries but thank you for the information!

Thread Information