User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    To sum up my week I have told I look like a Zombie and asked a co worker to shot me because I was just so done today but they said no.

Two more events down and in between events including pre and post event on Wednesday I have been running production as our lead hand has not been able to come back after her surgery. She did come back Tuesday but she should not have been at work. She mentioned that her surgery has a long recovery time but she doesn't want to take the time off so not sure what is to come.

I am so tired and sore to keep up with everything going on I have been getting up at 5 and going into work and have worked late every night. I am feeling very done but one more event tomorrow, which I am working.

I will admit I caved a bit today and got my haircut after work, I could not take it any longer, it was a fight more mornings to get it to do anything I wanted and liked. Happy I got it done.

Nothing is getting done at home and I won't lie there have been a couple nights of take out. Since I was not home to prep on the weekend we have nothing ready to go and some night I was in so much pain I could not stand anymore.

I did manage to grocery shop Tuesday night, between sales and PC points I was happy with my shop but mostly got stock up items and just a few fresh items. My main reason for going was we need broth, they were on sale for $1.67 and I had an offer for 200 pts/$1, I bought 20 and got 6800 points.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Time go make time for Sassy!! Its SassyTime if you ask me!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s almost Friday. Woo hoo. We have a super busy weekend and then DH is traveling next week for work. I had 2 more no spend days this week. That’s the good thing about being busy. I am think 8 will skip grocery shopping on the weekend and work on eating from the pantry and freezer for the rest of the month. I do need to do some batch cooking to have meals on hand. Not sure what that will be yet.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I enjoyed some time at the park with my kids this morning. It was quite nice outside. We are expecting more rain and a thunder storm again tomorrow. I harvested 3 containers full of large tomatoes before supper. If I left the ripe and ripening tomatoes on the plants I’d run the risk of them splitting open from the sudden moisture. I’ve been having trouble with this happening lately.

I am substitute teaching this year. I taught this afternoon and I’m scheduled to teach for the next 3 school days. It’s extra busy at our house.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 20th, 2019 at 08:07 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy friday !

i am looking ahead to oct... it will be a good money month. fingers crossed.
    i am looking forward to a few lower bills and paying off some bills. that will be the focus for the next several months.

today .. library.. maybe.. its so nice out.. i feel bad going to the library...
    and a quick trip to tim hortons for smile cookies.

after woork.. clear coat sealer goes on the deck.
    i am doing a second coat tomorrow.
    then the deck project is done.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Finally!
    Was a late night last night...didn't get home till after 2am! My BIL was hosting a jam so wanted to go support him. Had a good chat with my nephew so happy I went.
    Tonight will be another late night but hoping to have a nap before we go. Gotta enjoy life...I can sleep when I'm dead!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

enjoying the wonderfull sun today ,2 loads hanging out

The prescription is being made for me today and hubby's insurance doesnt cover it $60.00 bucks but se lavie i really need it -good thing i dont need groceries this week ,just a few sale items

Supper will be buns and deli meat and salad -easy peasy

Oh ordered baby granddaughter's birthday(nov) gift today 15% with a code at indigo plus ordered a xmas gift for Sebastian saved 15% too
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Sep 20th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am waiting for appointment #2 at home the first one went pretty okay. My trauma counsellor is going for surgery next week I am guessing.

The next appointment is in near the same location at 2:30pm it’s 12:38pm now. I really want to go to sleep but 3 hour nap isn’t on the books. I can do that when I get home I guess.

I also don’t like killing time because there is honestly nothing to do in my home town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Sep 20th, 2019 at 03:47 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

this never happens. Our internet bill dropped by $8.00 a month and our gas bill is down too. Its on equal billing so we had nothing to pay in August & then had 10.00 less this month and the equal billing will resume in October.
    Off to see Downton, its been ages since DH and I went out, meeting up with friends who are also fans.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -i am on equal billing for gas and i had no bill last month -it was nice

Got my prescription 54.00 and then popped into sobeys on the way home to get my free granola plus a few other deals
    (1) pkg of mini Danish 3.49-1.00 checkout51 gave me for my birthday this week =2.49
    (2) gain laundry soap 3.97 plus 5 airmiles
    (1) nature valley granola bars 1.99-20% personal offer =1.59
    (1) kozy rice pudding 3.99-20% personal offer=3.19
    (1) sobeys fabric softner 3.99-25% personal offer =2.99

I spent 42 plus a few other items and got 12 airmiles

Ate a Danish and went right back out to get gas 108.4 and we are going to Toronto for Sebastian's 3rd birthday on sat ,so I would rather not pay more in the morning .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Sep 20th, 2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was not sure about the brownie/cookie box that @greentires4me was posting about until I opened the September issue of Canadian Living magazine and saw the Brookie Squares recipe! Here's the link for those keen to bake for the week ahead:
    https://www.canadianliving.com/food/...rookie-squares

I had no idea of this combination before, so I learned in this thread.

Glad that I purchased a box of Ontario peaches Thursday night-I leave a few on the counter basket and the rest stays in the fridge. Day 3 and still have a few peaches, which I really like at night-time.

My library branch was quiet in the morning yesterday and picked up some more foot traffic in the afternoon. Most students must have been at home or at the local fair.

Today's super sticky--cold and fast food items are the priority of the day. My last weekend purchase of beverages is down to 4 cans of San Pellegrino and some cans of Perrier. All the pop and Gatorade have been consumed--best $25 purchase of the week. Saw a friend at the library and we had a short chat to catch up. Have to remember to water plants today; the lawn grass is so long but it'll have to wait until next week to get cut.
    @lilo0003 I am going to recommend that you make some stuffed pepper soup from the Food subforum! I ate the last of my first freezer bag of it last night. I still have another bag (about 4 portions' worth) in the freezer but I've been eating that soup a lot this week. Greek style lemon potatoes is also fun to have as a side or generous main when craving potatoes!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley Super that you did something for you! And the takeout was deserved given that your waking hours at work zapped whatever energy you had. See if you can get in a walk or summer drive this weekend and bliss out!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was thrilled to see that the last Enbridge Gas bill showed a credit of $64. Since carbon taxes are now included in bills, I expect that next year's credit may be about $50 or less. Just want the monthly equal billing amount not to increase-if it can just stay the same for another year...that will help. I still remember when Union Gas increased the billing amount to three digits and I was ranting here about it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow -i am feeling wonderfull this new medication(for my problem I have been dealing with for a few months) I took last night and this morning and I am starting to feel like myself .

So a treat to myself is going to the show to see downtown abbey sometime later this week or next ,hubby has back problems so sitting over 2 hours is not for him and I sure don't mind going to see a movie by myself .Last summer I went and seen" mama mia " plus I have enough scene points to get in free (bonus)

Off to Toronto to celebrate Sebastian 3 rd birthday ,my birthday is on sunday sept 22 I will be 60 wow and my and hubby's anniversary of 40 years another wow and my son-in-law's birthday is end of this month he will be 37-on the menu daughter is making her homemade pizza and buying a cake from longo's I think -yummmm
    Loving one last beautifull warm sunny weekend before fall ,I am wearing a summer dress -i will be nice and cool today.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For all those exercising ...

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information