User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Thanks for the hauler reminder. Third day done. Taking screenshots so I remember what I am owed.

Busy day today running around doing errands.

Enjoy the day!
    this may sound silly but how do you do screen shots? Is that with your phone or iPad?? I'm falling behind with technology lol.
    ROMEO, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On my iPhone and should be the same on iPad I press the power button (right side) and the home button (bottom below screen) at the same time. That should do it and be placed on your photos. Cannot tell you on other devices.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please be safe to all here from the maritimes!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to walmart today got a few deals but what a hassle price matching and using coupons thru the self serve -the 4 checkouts were long line ups .The guy rang my price matched items in then voided them then price matched as they cant overide thru the self serve -I am short 2.96 in the end -uggg

I am going to visit my older brother on sat -he has been home 2 weeks now ,I couldn't go the first week as I babysat 3 times that week and was dealing with a health problem ,so cant wait to see him.I have a card for him and I will buy him a 30.00 giftcard as I dint get him flowers or anything while he was in hospital ,they are on pensions so it will help .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Disney rewards is having a sale on some rewards I got a toy story movie and mystery DVD. I used up majority of my points by doing this. And have like 78pts left over. Which is okay I scored here that’s all that mattered.

I also saw a email for a yogurt coupon, which I also scored from save.ca

I received the bare naked granola coupon in the mail and didn’t find it at my local Walmart. I will try no frills on maybe Sunday. I hate hunting for free things that I have FPCs for.

Its really hot outside pretty gross for September weather. I went to my trauma counsellor today she said it’s her first official day back to work. I think she was more excited to see me then me for her. I wanted to tell her I felt like she abandoned me in a time of my need but she wanted the low down of everything that’s was up with me. But before I knew it our time was over I hope I did a good job at explaining everything.

Tracy on the other hand has been bugging me so much that I am not allowed to have time to myself. She acts like toddler text messaging me when I am sleeping, eating or at appointments. I have to point out that I am busy multiple times per day but she sends me 45 text messages in 20 mins and then if she cannot get a hold of me she calls me 4-5 times there after. She sends me stupid messages like “can I come over and grab a drink?” After I had already sent out a text saying I wasn’t home. She throws out “depressed mode” loosely like those of us who are actually depressed are just “purposely isolating.”

There is days when I cannot make out of bed and I get told by Tracy or staff in the building that “I just need to get dressed and go for a walk that I will feel better.” It’s not that easy depression isn’t something you just get over or go for walks to make others feel better that you rather stay in bed. If a walk was just that magical I think more people would be doing it.

I been really annoyed lately there was no management on in the last two days I need money for ingredients for my baking program. And my key worker is off today as well. I hate this stupid why do they get to take any day off they want after a long weekend day. I really should wait for the money and not spend my own money. but I cannot wait and I need the ingredients waiting till Sunday I hate this .

I went to Walmart looking for that bare naked granola. I didn’t see it but I got styrofoam bowls, 2 boxes of dads goodie rings, 2 cans of regular Pringles and a can of salted cashews, For $18. I had to go through the self checkouts as the cashier checkouts had like 10 people waiting in each line and I had an appointment to go to. I probably would have waited to be honest but I was in hurry. And my self checkout was temperamental as well. It would scan one item tell me to put it in the bagging area then tell me to rescan it because it didn’t pay attention to the barcode the first time. That’s okay it only did it once so I wasn’t too mad. Security was hovering in the store with those of us who brought our own bags at the self checkouts. Made me want to say go bug the people in the scooters in the cashier lines they are more likely to steal then us without our own bags that we paid for groceries.

All I ever seen in my home town is people riding on mobility scooters they shouldn’t honestly be driving them if they got their drivers licence taken away the last thing pedestrians and cars want is people who think they own the road who shouldn’t be on the road. No wonder there is so many accidents involving scooters and cars in my town. I have been driven into it, I have been hit, and I have been run over. The last time I was crossing the road and a scooter came out of no where and hit me in the crosswalk then instead of stopping ran me over. Then this car thinking it was all clear went as well without noticing I hadn’t even made it across ran over the same ankle. They stopped shortly after and told me to stop laying on the road faking it but I was unconscious. People had already were there trying to help me when that car just went over top of me. Can’t fix stupid I tell you there was an off duty rcmp officer helping me out. He wrote down the make of the car, licence plate and description of him. The ambulance came quick because the off duty rcmp phone it under some language that would make them hurry. I woke up in hospital being poked by the vampires(blood techs). I laid there as noticed there was many cops standing by my sides of the bed I thought I was in trouble but I guess this off duty cop was higher in rank probably not in my town telling them to stay by my side. I noticed I wasn’t in a regular ER bed I had a room to myself and my ankle was a big puffy black and blue mess. This happened a year before I had that black ice accident with the same ankle.

I just had thought a walker is suppose to help with mobility but it actually will not help if you have a fall while using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

The hauler game is back...

https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    went to walmart today got a few deals but what a hassle price matching and using coupons thru the self serve -the 4 checkouts were long line ups .The guy rang my price matched items in then voided them then price matched as they cant overide thru the self serve -I am short 2.96 in the end -uggg

I am going to visit my older brother on sat -he has been home 2 weeks now ,I couldn't go the first week as I babysat 3 times that week and was dealing with a health problem ,so cant wait to see him.I have a card for him and I will buy him a 30.00 giftcard as I dint get him flowers or anything while he was in hospital ,they are on pensions so it will help .
    I noticed that Wellwise (formerly Shoppers Home Healthcare) has sale on some home mobility aids and accessory stuff this week-the page was inserted into the current Shoppers Flyer. I took notice of the Kabooti seat cushion-$10 off. Will ask Mom if she wants a new one or feels the current one still has support left in it.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Greent ires4life - Whoa, that RCMP story and incident is something else. Glad at least someone gave more than a darn to see to your wellbeing. Treat your ankle with magnesium gel. The ankle probably tells you when the weather is changing. Hope that driver got the ticket book and more tossed onto their record.

Money, timing, resources that you mention for your baking program--I marvel at staff that don't give advance notice or funds to ensure things are on time if someone is voluntarily running things. But how fast staff move if s/he sees some rule not being followed by a volunteer-it's like an invisible union code book is lobbed in their tone and words. Volunteers need to organize.
    That's why I don't volunteer for now-had too much hassle and I feel better owning my time as I like.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longos.com really did a makeover. You can search recipes by category now on the website! No more thumbing through back issues of magazines (but I still find the archives useful for photos and tips). The current Fall magazine has a bonus 3000 TYR pts offer for first time Grocery Gateway customers (at checkout, use code FALLINLOVE) -you must be a Thank You Rewards Member to use the code and have a minimum $50 order before delivery charge and taxes. Offer expires October 1.

This morning, I started really getting into my clippings-using file folders and trimming articles. Made progress in one hour-the rest remains for me to continue later today. I had a basement insect scuttle on my floor this morning which means it must have gotten through a closet baseboard (I had removed the clear caulking seam in 2017 from the closet). Need to remedy the situation with a non-caulking solution. Finally have my cooking magazines and books on the closet shelf-need to use one hardcover book to be the bookend. One wall could use some visual material-a project to follow after the filing is done.

Think I am done with juicing celery-will stick with celery sticks or eat garden cukes (no appliance cleanup!) for now in the mornings and wait 30 min before having breakfast and my vitamin mix in water. I may figure out if the juicer needs to be kept for parts or let go. Celery strings can really slow down the juicer and the curved feed chute makes it hard to put more than three sticks of veggies at a time. I won't miss the post-juicing cleanup/washing/drying!

Have a small shopping list for Shoppers and Fortinos. Will check for any hand cream tubes on sale to keep hands moisturized on my walks.

Admission-last night I bought 2 more Pepsis with contest caps (better chance at big prize than with scratch $1 tickets). I have spent nearly $98 from June to August on pop purchases. That sum is what I usually spend over a year. So I am still watching my impulse buys in that category. The Ancaster Dollarama store had 6 bottles with yellow caps at the back of the top shelf, so try your luck! Contest ends tomorrow for Pepsi Stuff!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since Sunday is Grandparent's Day, Rexall's flyer has a special offer tomorrow-free Zoomer magazine subscription when you spend $50 or more in-store plus free CARP membership. See flyer for details. https://www.rexall.ca/

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to visit my older brother today ,gave him a big hug (he is not the same vibrant out spoken person) he has short term memory loss .So he repeats himself a lot but then again he is here so love him for who he is now

I gave him a card and rexall gift card and a few tomatoes from my 2 plants and stayed a good few hours talking to him and my sister-in-law

Tonight went to my hubby's brother's house and sat out with them talking ,nice visit .
    My 2 lines of clothing managed to dry today ,so happy about that
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I confess I put the towels in the dryer. We had very little sun today. Tomorrow it’s sheets so they will be on the line because I love the scent.
    Had a great shop at SDM today. Earned over 40000 points and used 18.00 in coupons for 80.00 out of pocket.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-my daughter when she was here for the week this summer said "mom your towels are scratchy" and I do line dry them all summer -lol.My worst pet peeve is when I am out and ask hubby to bring clothing in if it rains ,he always says I forgot ,I was in the shower etc

Just shopped the body shop online I got a free 10.00 off as its my birthday month plus one other item was buy 3 get 1 free and they had free shipping over 50 usually its more plus ebates was 7.5 % cash back ,had a xmas gift in the pkg too
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my brother is on my S#it list for being a lazy twit. and my mom is on my WT# list for giving excueses for him . and on that note i have another project to get done. sigh i dont mind . i mind that my brother is lazy.

ok. so ,, my todays plan... borrow the neighbours power washer. and clean teh front deck . prep it for staining. i will do the railings ect this week. and do the floor boards on friday so it can dry in time.
    i also plan on mowing the back yard. and trying to figure out what to do with the small shed... sigh.

hubby wants to watch a game at 425 this afternoon. i will do laundry, and clean teh bathroom.

sigh.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope all here have a Sssatisfying Sssssunday!

Not too much on the agenda today. Will do a BBQ later. Rain for most of the week it seems
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information