User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my brother is on my S#it list for being a lazy twit. and my mom is on my WT# list for giving excueses for him . and on that note i have another project to get done. sigh i dont mind . i mind that my brother is lazy.

ok. so ,, my todays plan... borrow the neighbours power washer. and clean teh front deck . prep it for staining. i will do the railings ect this week. and do the floor boards on friday so it can dry in time.
    i also plan on mowing the back yard. and trying to figure out what to do with the small shed... sigh.

hubby wants to watch a game at 425 this afternoon. i will do laundry, and clean teh bathroom.

sigh.
    Your first paragraph encapsulates exactly what I think of my brother. Right now, the list includes excuses why he won't get gas for mowers or printing off e-mailed wedding pics from another relative. Mom's waiting a week now on the photos.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday I watched two black and white movies on CHCH then realized I wanted a birthday cake for Mom. Bought a lovely lemon mousse one from Longos and two numeric candles so we are set for cake and tea on her day (provided it's not as humid as the forecast indicates). Will have someone get the Downton Abbey movie tix online for us (told Mom she's seeing it in the theatre) so that we have matinee show seats.

Speaking of weather, Golden Horseshoe SCers, check to see when those 30+C days land in your area. Not ready for that kind of humidity again. No, I like Ms Sunshine and Mr Wind (very kind to the cucumber crop) as they've been. Arugula's leaping but not the other seeds in the garden. Tomatoes seem to be slow to ripen-will look for red plastic to place under veggies to speed up the ripening process.

Need to run push mower around until the gas is gone. And get a coffee cake or quick loaf made to take advantage of the cooler temperatures today.

Found someone's store loyalty tag in Dollarama today. Will get the tag to the store tonight.

Yes, I want a trip to the GTA soon! Two stores in that area have the colours I like for fall jackets. Still looking for winter coats. Don't know if Olsen Europe has the parka locally that is in the new lookbook. HBC supposedly has stock in a Karl Lagerfeld officer style wool blend coat but I'm not 100% sold on it (three colours to like). Might check it out for fit.

OK, it's time to finish tasks outdoors--will check in on the forum tomorrow! Happy warm dinners, everyone!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Ciel A suggestion for a store for coats also would be Lorne’s on Spadina in Toronto. All Canadian made, ones I have got there have been excellent quality, and good prices IMHO.

http://www.lornescoats.com/
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Sep 9th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Saturday evening I picked up Icecream at NF and tried to redeem $10 in points. It removed the 10,000pts but didn’t give the discount. The teller told me about the error and said it’s been happening off and on over the last while. He said the 10,000pts should be returned within 24hrs. There is no record of the 10,000pts being used from my account, they just vanished. My points haven’t been returned. I sent in a help ticket this morning through the app. I’m waiting to hear back.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Your first paragraph encapsulates exactly what I think of my brother. Right now, the list includes excuses why he won't get gas for mowers or printing off e-mailed wedding pics from another relative. Mom's waiting a week now on the photos.

sorry but i am glad i am not alone . ugh. my brother is older then me.. and does not work.. ugh.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. postive stuff.
    preasure washed the deck . it is ready for staining. working on the railing tomorrow. fingers crossed i piced a good colour

for those who do SB. a new swaggo board is up. easy points.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    On Saturday evening I picked up Icecream at NF and tried to redeem $10 in points. It removed the 10,000pts but didn’t give the discount. The teller told me about the error and said it’s been happening off and on over the last while. He said the 10,000pts should be returned within 24hrs. There is no record of the 10,000pts being used from my account, they just vanished. My points haven’t been returned. I sent in a help ticket this morning through the app. I’m waiting to hear back.
    I've had this happen twice within the past month on two different cards. One card I had to put in an inquiry for as the points did just dissapear, and the other, customer service ended up adding them because the points that dissapeared were points we were gonna use for our transaction, and they knew the problem was happening...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow, that’s worrisome about the points just disappearing. I am looking forward to the return of summer but of course we will be heating up the house as DH requested prime rib for his bday which is Tuesday. Older son will cook and young does the table prep. And yes we have a lot of birthdays very close together in this family.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! It totally looked like it was going to storm here but now the sun is out. Still dark in parts of the sky so will see what happens.

Tonight: Laundry, cleaning and hockey! Will try and take my dog for a little walk too if it is not raining. The fridge needs a good clean out and then I will know what needs to be used up. We have all the fixings for a big salad so that will be on the menu tomorrow night.
    I may make a homemade mac and cheese tonight too since I have everything needed for it. It makes for good leftovers for the kids to heat and eat.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I checked my app this morning and I have my PC Optimum points back.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -went to a 25 minute walk this morning-I need to do this 4 days of the week (not Mondays as I babysit at 7.00 a.m but I did take cara to the park yesterday so that counts for sure)

Hung load out and did a second load of sheets

Hubby needs a part for the car so I will not be taking it out til fixed ,so that will curb my running around ,spending

The swiss chalet I brought home the other night sunday was awful the fries were hard like they waited for the chicken to be put together in the plastic containers and chicken a bit burnt on end , so I decided to call and complain -got a $20 future rebate on my order ,so I was pleased I could have done a better job cooking at home ,but it is nice to treat ourselves the odd time
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    @Ciel A suggestion for a store for coats also would be Lorne’s on Spadina in Toronto. All Canadian made, ones I have got there have been excellent quality, and good prices IMHO.

http://www.lornescoats.com/
    I actually once visited that store in 2016 or 2017. The sizes tended to be up to size 10 in women's with the occasional coat in a larger size. The ads seemed more promising than the actual store. Have to see if selection and sizing have improved. Thanks for suggesting the store--never know...
    barbis9, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No Frills upcoming flyer....88LB for peppers! I'm thinking it will be a great time to make pasta sauce and chili! Oooh and fahitas and stir-frys! Will be a good eating week for sure!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My friend was able to get the movie tickets on the second try-first time, Cineplex.com said something about online ticketing not working but my friend had to create an account. Have the printout-Ancaster only has the movie showing until Tues. Sept. 24. We'll do the first show. Happy to have something to put into Mom's card today--I have to get some mineral water on the way home to have with the lemon mousse cake (the plan was for tea)! My friend earned Scene points and I gave her a little extra cash on top of single ticket price, so we are both delighted!

My late night loads of laundry-partially dried overnight on the basement lines. I did not feel like turning on the dryer this morning, so the cotton/nylon cargo pants and light shirt were dry enough to put on.

Managed to cut about half of the uncut lawn until it was too dark to keep going. Have to see how much more I can cut after lunch, as rain is expected tonight and I cannot cut the lawn tomorrow.

Breakfast consisted of Jane's chicken strips (don't forget to enter the daily contest for Visa cards to be drawn in mid-November), a cucumber and a glass of orange juice.

Got 10 cents back today on can refund (yesterday, I had $1.10 back which I put into the bank).

Some creature is digging holes in the garden! Outraged Ciel...
    barbis9, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. plan is to stain the railings this afternoon after work.. i am not sure if the rain will hold off or if i should wait .. hmm

i made a cassarole for supper. just rocking the day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information