User Tag List

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had $20 in FPC's for Kraft cheese and bought 5, 400 gram packs of cheese on sale for 3.97 a pack at Walmart-for free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

posted about a offer from airmiles i recieved. i actually got 2 offers. i am trying to get as many airmiles as i can . stack a few offers and save it for some good meat sales. right now there are some good bonus points on a few items. so i will take them.

pc points ( middle child uses ) but i am up to 710.00. i am waiting on getting the quarter cow in and see how much freezer room i have for on sale chicken from rcss. they have the best chicken
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

PC offers line up nicely with sales this week so I will stock up. Especially since we have spent only 40% of the September grocery budget and it ends in 3 days. Spent the evening in the hospital with my aunt and uncle as he is recovering from planned surgery. It’s not in their community and so she is staying in a hotel and this is only an hour from me so not a bad way to spend the evening.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I picked 4x these expire December 15 2019. There really good ones I especially like the Greek one. sadly I didn’t get any of these today.

I went to bed at 7pm after being up at 2am it’s now 10:50pm I am displeased Tracy woke me up to give me Chinese food at 10pm. I was having actually good sleep. One of the items I been waiting since the middle of this month just entered customs and the other one just says en route to Canada. And the other thing hasn’t shipped yet I am going to call Amazon and cancel it if it doesn’t ship.

I went to Walmart this morning at 7am got a cool toy collectors edition Harry Potter wand and gave it to Tracy. I also bought her dog tequila pyjamas he looks so cute in them. And this way he doesn’t itch anymore. I also bought last season hockey cards. 6 boxes of stuffing that was on sale for $0.87 a box. All sorted box of Tampax tampons with cardboard applicator it was a box of 54. They looked to be out of 2 packs of fixodent scope. Or they hadn’t stocked that shelf yet. And a box of nails it said 2oz so probably about 50-75 nails.

The one thing I hate about shopping at Walmart is they push their credit card on me I am paying down a 2,400$ on credit counselling society what’s left of a credit cards debit. I am told not to get a credit card because I could really mess with my credit score.

I saw my mom at 11:45am she was 15mins late picking me up for an appointment pretty far away from where I live. I had bought a Janis Joplin CD for $5 on Thursday at Walmart.

I basically confessed to my mother that I couldn’t pay for groceries this month. We went to superstore it was very busy there. She tells me after we’re already shopping she needs to leave by 3pm. It was 3 mins to 3pm. And I didn’t even get and veggies or a flat of water bottles or frozen entrees. But I did get club pack stew beef for $10, club pack lean ground beef $15, 30% off 10$ beef sausages. I also have a 20lb bag of unperfected red potatoes for $7. A club pack of granola bars sale price $4 for 56 bars. 2 Viva puff cookies $2 each. A clamshell of spring mix for $3.50, large eggs for $2.64, 2 loaves of sourdough bread $2.50 each. 24 pack of hangers for $5, 2 discounted potato peelers for $0.56 each. I

I asked AL if he needed help in the kitchen for borscht soup he said no at first. I don’t get this is community kitchen but he chooses what he makes and he doesn’t delegate anything. But community kitchen is suppose to be for the tenants choice and tenants make this way staff still control everything. WTF.

I have to go to no frills tomorrow and spend my points on Hellman’s mayonnaise, ranch dressing, spinach dip, oranges, chocolate chips, canola oil.

Someone wanted baked artichoke dip I will look one up and buy accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sat, Sep 28th, 2019 at 02:38 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -A pie in exchange for tomatoes-that helps with meals and it's fun when someone else provides pie! You have some wonderful people who love your produce!
    @greentires4me -Meat rep! You have a good assortment for the next month. May I suggest that you make a Do Not Disturb Sign for your doorknob (if building rules allow) that clearly states the hours when you are not to be bothered (i.e.9pm -7am)?
    @coupon girl -Today there was a power outage sometime this morning-three minutes, not sure when-and I had to adjust the stove clock around 9:30am. I have no idea what the cause was.

So the Garner Rd W closure drags on-the section is not paved and based on my walk a few nights ago, there's plenty left to do for at least two weeks. #NotHappy And in the community paper, news of another about to start construction project on the main street. You bet I will be there at the public info sessoin next week and say wait until spring but hey, there were waterworks infrastructure updated during the three years of Wilson Street roadwork in the last 5 years, so how come this sanitary sewer issue is surfacing now? Telecon (contractor for Bell Canada) has dug up lawns and sidewalks since May and they are still working on the various streets, rather than inserting the orange cables in one section and finishing (restoring lawn after filling holes) before opening up another section.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lowes has mention of 5x AM points when you buy energy saving appliances:
    https://www.lowes.ca/list/energy-sav..._bc&display=24

Still waiting on that $5 electronic gift card-probably will arrive next week. However, I'd be interested in using it today for a treat and a reason to sit in the cafe!

Never got the community paper bundle with flyers-glad I picked up a copy of the paper at the municipal centre two days ago. Our delivery agent must have quit or had some vehicle trouble. Did also obtain the Autumn issue of Silver and Gold magazine (found at grocery stores, municipal centres, and some newsstands)-there are three contests to post on the forum.

Mom made mashed potatoes on Thursday night-I ate most of it! Friday morning, I made a double batch of Greek style lemon potatoes (as some potatoes were starting to change) and a curried lentil stew that looked more like a tomato stew due to the crushed tomatoes (did not have diced tomatoes from a tin), so I reduced the water by 1 cup and can say the stew is thick and yummy. Two tablespoons of mild curry were added to the stew--seems whatever is bothering my brother is turning up in coughs or tickles in throats in Mom and I and I don't wish to have his loud coughs.

Breakfast for the past two mornings-a tin of the tuna in olive oil (oil kept in dish) and mixed with pizza seasoning and 1 cut up fresh tomato and a cucumber. Get my veggies and oil at the same time and the protein helps with energy (so I'm not panting for pop every time I pass the dollar store). Have realized my joints in the backside are feeling slightly hot/achy where I had issues in the past-recovery from heavy yard bag lifting or long walks is a real pain in the backside reality (about two or more days for some pain to subside).
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Olsen Europe has a quilted jacket without a hood or storm flap that I would love to own (had I $200) but the e-mail indicates outerwear is 30% off (even with discount, that'd ring up to about $149 and change)! Also, 25% off sweaters until Oct. 6. Thought I'd share, as seniors heading to HBC on Oct. 1 might have an Olsen Europe dept, so it'll be a chance to look around at new fall/winter stock (not certain that the 15% HBC senior's discount applies on top of Olsen deals but you can ask).
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Olsen Europe has a quilted jacket without a hood or storm flap that I would love to own (had I $200) but the e-mail indicates outerwear is 30% off (even with discount, that'd ring up to about $149 and change)! Also, 25% off sweaters until Oct. 6. Thought I'd share, as seniors heading to HBC on Oct. 1 might have an Olsen Europe dept, so it'll be a chance to look around at new fall/winter stock (not certain that the 15% HBC senior's discount applies on top of Olsen deals but you can ask).
    I don't think the discount applies, as it's separate from The Bay. Once I got a top at Christmas that didn't fit and they only allowed a credit towards another Olsen item, which are overpriced in my opinion.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel there is a do not disturb sign on my door.

Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am doing laundry and I felt bad that one of the dryers is covered in wax so I consolidated my clothes into one dryer and gave someone the dryer. I folded another tenants clothing and got another tenant to buzz them. They came down they weren’t mad just surprised. So I will have to wait the full 60mins for the dryer which the clothes would usually be dry in 35mins.

Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    @Ciel there is a do not disturb sign on my door.

Pity that your friend doesn't respect the boundary of the sign. I'd say she's toast in the friend department.
    Angela273 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Pity that your friend doesn't respect the boundary of the sign. I'd say she's toast in the friend department.
    She’s dead meat this morning in my books I fallen back to sleep by the time I had finished typing that post last night. I slept 12hours.

Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    She’s dead meat this morning in my books I fallen back to sleep by the time I had finished typing that post last night. I slept 12hours.
    Hmmmm ... what sort of BBQ Sauce goes well with BBQed Dead Meat of Friend?
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My morning shopping, 50% off sale at a second hand store and 50% off at a large church garage sale. $2.50 ski pants $1 pants for ds $1.50 nice Spider-Man hoodie for ds $3 jeans for me$2.25 black jeans for me

We took our kids to a large indoor play place in town, used my punch card so only had to pay for 2 of our 3 children this time because the card was full.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

crave fpcs saga lol....
    contacted kraft for this issue of not receiving my coupons,.....this is not their promo i got response.....its websaver so contacted websaver will see but i doubt i will have those fpcs....witch is a bad thing i could really had use it for my schools lunchs .............
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information